NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-09-2019, 04:21 PM
Bob C.

Default Ebay Payment Methods

I had heard it was coming, but as strictly a buyer, didn't see or receive any notice or correspondence as to the exact date that Ebay's new payment option that no longer includes Paypal would be rolled out. Just went to checkout for something I won and was greeted by the new format and policy. Apparently the only options I see on the checkout site are to pay by a credit or debit card, neither of which I want to do. After some further searching I saw where there was also supposed to be an Apple Pay option (which I know nothing about and am really not interested in signing up for and using), but there was no indication on the checkout site for that option anyway. I also saw some note about how Paypal would eventually be added back in as a payment option, but not till next year. So since this new payment policy with no Paypal appears to have gone into effect in just the last couple of days (I used Paypal for a purchase on January 7th with no problem), does that mean that Paypal won't be returning as a payment option till sometime in 2020 now?

I also didn't see where I could just send a check, but then I guess there would be no purchase protection in place on Ebay's part so that isn't necessarily an attractive option either. I understand Ebay can do what they want, but I may just stop using them as a purchase venue all together. I have to feel I'm not alone in this thinking, anyone else have any thoughts?
Old 01-09-2019, 04:44 PM

I used paypal this afternoon just like normal when checking out, like you I am not really interested in other options, unless we go back to checks/money order.
Old 01-09-2019, 04:47 PM

Default Ebay

Bob:

You probably bought from a seller who opted into the new payment system where Paypal is not an option. I suspect there will be sellers who opt in now and others who will not opt in and Paypal will continue to be an option for some sellers and not others. I have not opted into the new payment system.

I am not sure if you can tell if a seller has opted into the new payment system before buying from them.
Old 01-09-2019, 04:51 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncinin View Post
Bob:

You probably bought from a seller who opted into the new payment system where Paypal is not an option. I suspect there will be sellers who opt in now and others who will not opt in and Paypal will continue to be an option for some sellers and not others. I have not opted into the new payment system.

I am not sure if you can tell if a seller has opted into the new payment system before buying from them.
What he said. I went to checkout with a few things in my cart as a test, and Paypal was there to be used.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 01-09-2019, 04:58 PM
Chase

Between the erratic application of sales tax on purchases on ebay and now hearing paypal is not an option for those sellers who have opted into the, now voluntary, ebay payment system, this is really becoming a bummer. Of course the good news is that for the time being not all ebay members are being forced to use the new payment system but it is only a matter of time before that changes.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:07 PM
Bob C.

Thanks to those who responded. I forgot about the ability of Seller's to decide if and when to opt into the new payment methodology from Ebay. And in retrospect it makes sense that Ebay couldn't send out notifications to all current and potential Buyers about when the actual changes would take effect for each specific Seller. Still, it was a bummer to suddenly buy something and then when I went to checkout, find the Seller offered no payment option I was happy or comfortable with.

I already sent a message to the Seller about how I can pay him as I don't want to use any of the options he's selected to use. Was just a bit surprising as it is the very first time I've come across this.

And thanks for the update on when they may finally return to using Paypal as an option as well. Had not heard that time frame before.

Now, wasn't there supposed to be a drop dead date by which Ebay was going to force all Seller's to use their new payment platform, whether they wanted to or not? If so, anyone know when that is supposed to be?
Old 01-09-2019, 06:05 PM
Tony

Just an FYI: For those that want to use paypal on the ebay only payment plan or whatever they call it. Get a paypal debit card; it works just like a cc and you don't need to carry a paypal balance, it will draw from your bank if you don't have funds in your account.
Old 01-09-2019, 04:51 PM
Greg Ryk0w$k1

I think the only way to tell is if they don’t offer Paypal as a payment option. However if you opt in to the new payment system, Paypal will also be a payment option in June or July of this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/gregr2