NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-09-2006, 08:43 PM
Administrator

Default World Cup pool

Posted By: jay behrens

I can't be the only soccer dork here, so I set up a group on the ESPN pick 'em game. the game is free and if you win, we are going to dis own you for knowing too much about foriegn sport

group name: Net54
password: t207

http://games.espn.go.com/worldcup/frontpage

Growing old is not optional, growing up is.

Old 06-09-2006, 08:55 PM
Administrator

Default World Cup pool

Posted By: quan

link not working jay?

Old 06-09-2006, 09:03 PM
Administrator

Default World Cup pool

Posted By: George Altemose

I think World Cup soccer is almost as interesting as the baseball pepper games they have prior to Grapefruit League games in Florida in February and March.

Do you think Antarctica will beat Bonzoland in the first round?

Old 06-09-2006, 09:08 PM
Administrator

Default World Cup pool

Posted By: steve yawitz

Awesome! Count me in.

Old 06-09-2006, 09:12 PM
Administrator

Default World Cup pool

I changed it up top, but it's also here. Try this link

http://games.espn.go.com/worldcup/frontpage

Jay

Old 06-09-2006, 09:31 PM
Administrator

Default World Cup pool

Posted By: Tim James

Is that a protective device for the most large private part? There is no way that I would bet on anyone but our own.They played an ex.game here in Nashville a few weeks ago.We have a reason to bet on these guys.Let's support our own !

Old 06-09-2006, 09:33 PM
Administrator

Default World Cup pool

Posted By: Mark

Here's to the good ol' USA getting eliminated in the first round!

Mark

Old 06-09-2006, 09:34 PM
Administrator

Default World Cup pool

Sadly, the US drew The Group of Death. The have to play Italy and the Czech Republic in the first round. The Us is going to have to win their first game against the Czech's if they have any hope of advancing. I wouldn't count on the US doing well against Italy, If they get a draw there, that would be almost as good as a win.

Jay

Old 06-09-2006, 09:39 PM
Administrator

Default World Cup pool

Posted By: Tim James

I listened to an interview here with the head coach,and we have some world class players that could actually make us compeditive.I'm the eternal optimist.

Old 06-09-2006, 10:16 PM
Administrator

Default World Cup pool

Posted By: Geno

I'm not a soccer fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I filled out a bracket at work today (I live in England). I noticed that the US plays Italy in Kaiserslatern, which is about as close as anyone can get to a home game in Germany. K-Town has a huge US military population with Ramstein AFB, Vogelwegh, etc, so maybe they will get the extra support to make a difference. Or maybe not...

Take Care, Geno

Old 06-10-2006, 07:19 AM
Administrator

Default World Cup pool

Posted By: Sean

Good idea Jay...I thought I was the only one, if you would like to come down to Minneapolis we will be watching most of the weekend games and Brits Pub.

The US got a pretty tough draw and if they do advance to the next round they will be knocked out by Brasil. South Africa 2010!

I have a really great soccer card we can pass to the champion, I will scan it in later today.

Sean BH

Old 06-10-2006, 12:17 PM
Administrator

Default World Cup pool

Posted By: Sean

Take your pick...I love the hair.

Old 06-10-2006, 05:13 PM
Administrator

Default World Cup pool

I'd love to join you, but live over 2 hours from the Cities and I have to work this weekend. I'll be down there next weekend to pick my son at the airport for his anual summer visit.

Jay

Old 06-13-2006, 07:44 PM
Administrator

Default World Cup pool

Posted By: Mark

Who's your daddy?

Old 06-13-2006, 10:48 PM
Administrator

Default World Cup pool

Posted By: davidcycleback

The Czech's are a better team. The US next plays Italy, which is perenial power. So we'll see what transpires.

Old 06-14-2006, 03:25 AM
Administrator

Default World Cup pool

Posted By: Zach S.

I'm anxiously awaiting this Saturday's match between the U.S. and Italy. I live in Sardinia, Italy and I went out around town last night with some friends. The Italians were dragging out flat screen TV's into the middle of the street to watch Italy vs. Ghana. If that's what a Monday night match against Ghana is like I can't wait to see this weekend... if the U.S. does win (which I don't think the case will be) then I might not be able to leave my house for a while.

By the way... how are the people who participated in the poll doing? I'm 9 for 11 so far.

Zach

Old 06-14-2006, 05:54 AM
Administrator

Default World Cup pool

Posted By: steve yawitz

7 out of 11. I was hoping Australia would stop at 1 yesterday because I picked a draw in that match, but I'm happy for Tim Cahill, one of my EPL favorites. On paper, at least, today's matches look pretty easy to call.

Old 06-14-2006, 01:40 PM
Administrator

Default World Cup pool

Posted By: davidcycleback

I tend to think soccer players look closer to athletes than, say, Barry Bonds or an NFL offensive lineman. Pele (pictured below) was 5'7" and the Argentinian star Diego Maradona was 5'6". I find that rather refreshing, living in a country where athletes are expected to look like circus freaks or cartoon charectors ... The practical purpose for a soccer player being that it would be difficult to run around on the field all day looking like Bonds. And I don't even want to image Leon Lett attempting a bicycle kick.

Old 06-14-2006, 04:53 PM
Administrator

Default World Cup pool

Classic photo David. One of the all-time great sports pix. Stupid trivia moment:

How goals did Pele score in his career with his famous bicycle kick?

Jay

Old 06-19-2006, 01:34 PM
Administrator

Default World Cup pool

Posted By: Scott Gross

I may be in last place .......... but I got the Mexico/Angola DRAW pick dead on !!!!!!

The only (realistic) way the USA can move on is if both the USA and Italy win their next matches. Both are on the 22nd, at the same time (different venues). Man, how great would it be to be in a South Philly bar to watch those games ................