NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 02-07-2024, 11:17 AM

Default Issues with Sirius Sports Cards auctions

Has anyone out there ever had issues with Sirius Sports cards auctions? I won three items, and one was the incorrect item. I emailed them 2-3 times and they took a week or two to answer. When they did they answer they sent a label for me to ship the wrong card back and said they would look for the correct card. That was January 11th. I’ve emailed them 4 times and have heard nothing back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-2024, 11:34 AM
Jay Shumsky

At least you got a response. There are several older threads about Sirius Sports Cards, and the general theme has been that customer service is not a strong point. I tried to contact them a few years ago to get more information about a card in one of their auctions and got no response to several emails and voicemails.

Hopefully you eventually get the card you wanted.
Old 02-07-2024, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayshum View Post
At least you got a response. There are several older threads about Sirius Sports Cards, and the general theme has been that customer service is not a strong point. I tried to contact them a few years ago to get more information about a card in one of their auctions and got no response to several emails and voicemails.

Hopefully you eventually get the card you wanted.

I didn’t realize they were that bad. Glad it wasn’t a costly item. I should have kept the card I got, dang it

Old 02-08-2024, 08:43 AM
Al Stein

You will get it eventually. I owe the guy about $150, and have been waiting a month to get an invoice.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
Old 02-27-2024, 04:27 AM
Larry Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorditadogg View Post
You will get it eventually. I owe the guy about $150, and have been waiting a month to get an invoice.

Is there any other profession where one could be so bad/lazy and stilm successful?
Old 02-28-2024, 07:59 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by itslarry View Post
Is there any other profession where one could be so bad/lazy and stilm successful?
No, just every aspect of baseball card collecting/selling is it not only accepted but expected.
Old 02-28-2024, 10:08 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
No, just every aspect of baseball card collecting/selling is it not only accepted but expected.
As I like to say, stuff trumps all. The worst terrorist organization on the planet could hold an auction and they'd do fine.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 02-28-2024, 04:24 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
As I like to say, stuff trumps all. The worst terrorist organization on the planet could hold an auction and they'd do fine.
Not only would the terrorist organization do well. There would be several members posting about how they have done business with them before with no problems and highly recommend them.
Old 02-28-2024, 09:18 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Not only would the terrorist organization do well. There would be several members posting about how they have done business with them before with no problems and highly recommend them.
Auction closed on a Sunday, card arrived as described and packaged well on Wednesday, no complaints.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 02-28-2024, 10:51 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Tried Sirius once, a mess. Never again.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Old 02-29-2024, 01:00 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

It's been a few years, but never had an issue with them. It could due to inevitable staff turnover and/or poor training.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente

Last edited by clydepepper; 02-29-2024 at 01:00 PM.
Old 03-01-2024, 09:01 AM

Update: they ignored a few more emails so I went to the transaction in PayPal and created a dispute on the charge. 3 days later I got the card in the mail.

Yeah I have bought from them before in the past. Two or three times maybe? This was the first time I had an issue and the big thing wasn’t so much that there was an issue. It’s how they handled it. I’m not the kind of guy to yell and scream. However, if I spend $59 on a card, send the right one back, get ignored from them and hear crickets it becomes more of a situation that I refuse to give them free money.

As a person I feel bad disputing the charge because it makes them look bad but at the end of the day I still haven’t heard from them. Even after they sent the correct card.

Old 03-07-2024, 10:58 PM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Quote:
Originally Posted by itslarry View Post

Yes loaded question! The answer is politics… lol

Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.
Old 03-25-2024, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
Tried Sirius once, a mess. Never again.
I had a similar experience. Their customer service was just plain bad. Couldn’t get an answer back for nearly a week. For me, that completely rules out ever considering buying from them again.
Old 03-25-2024, 07:08 PM
Al Stein

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAndy View Post
I had a similar experience. Their customer service was just plain bad. Couldn’t get an answer back for nearly a week. For me, that completely rules out ever considering buying from them again.
What's your preferred AH?