NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-07-2010, 03:33 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Bob, I'm stunned at the low price on the T207 set as well as many others. Also, 15% of the lots didn't even get bids or reach the reserve.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:48 PM
Tony N.

Default Ramly Plank

The Ramly Plank PSA 7 for $10K?? Someone got a great deal.

I also thought the Peck & Synder card would go higher than it did.

Just my two cents.

Tony
Old 08-07-2010, 04:38 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

I was there. Legendary ran a great auction at an exceptional venue. Some lots went a little low, but most did fine. This company appears to be doing extremely well. I was also at Heritage the prior day which appeared to have many more lots not meet what were in some cases unrealistically high reserves.
BTW, the Peck and Snyder in Legendary was heavily stained and the printing was faded. How SGC gave it a 40 I will never know. The realization on it reflected its condition, not its grade.

Last edited by oldjudge; 08-07-2010 at 04:42 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:45 PM
Banned

Judging by all the folks hanging around Legendary's booth at the National, I think it's safe to say more big things lie ahead for this company.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Doug Allen

Default Thanks for participating!

I appreciate everyones participation in what we judged to be a successful event!

Although the Science Center was a last minute replacement for the ESPN zone I think everyone agreed it was perfect especially with the rooftop view of the Inner Harbor on what turned out to be a mild night.

Our crowd stretched beyond our limit of 175 people but everyone seemed to have a good time.

The highlight of the night was Brooks Robinson who is a gracious ambassador for the game.

The highlight for me was hanging out for 3 hours after the event with a hobby pioneer who was outbid at $25k for the Hage's dairy collection. I asked him if $150 a card was too rich he said he only needed 12 of the cards so it was really $2k a card!

I truly appreciate the support at the show from the many Network 54 members that stopped by the booth and showed up at the event. Look forward to something special as we move to our home town next year. After the success of this event we already have a number of great items committed for next year.

Last edited by dallen; 08-07-2010 at 08:45 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:10 PM
Brian T.

I, for one, was disappointed that they started the auction early. The literature said it was to start at 8:30. Additionally, three people from Legendary said it was to start at 8:30. Upon arriving at 8:23, we discovered they were already closing Lot #5. Others arrived at a similar time (before the scheduled start time). Potential bids were lost by starting early.

All in all, though, the venue was nice and set up better and much more comfortable than the one the night before. Some head scratchers both high and low, but that is typical for most auctions. I enjoyed myself at both of the live auctions.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:59 AM
Jeff 'Prize-ner'

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
If I recall, the catalog says $4,000-$5,000 estimate, but we know how close those estimates are.

If I had to guess I would say it will go for more than the high estimate.

Thought $8400 was a great price for the Falk Giants postcard. Speaking of which, another surfaced at the show and some very lucky person got it for only $1500!
Old 08-08-2010, 10:07 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicem View Post
Thought $8400 was a great price for the Falk Giants postcard. Speaking of which, another surfaced at the show and some very lucky person got it for only $1500!
That was actually Joe D's card; he spotted a trove of Taddy cards and needed cash quickly.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:16 AM
Phil Garry

Jeff:

The one at the show that you mentioned selling for $1,500 was at the Sporting News photo booth and I don't believe it was an original RPPC as the other one was but instead I believe it was a photo of the original postacrd on a postcard-back. I had the opportunity to buy it for $1,500 the first night but passed because of that reason as well as not really needing it for my collection's current focus.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:58 AM
Jeff 'Prize-ner'

ah... thanks for the info Phil!
Old 08-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Rich Klein

Default And that bid was actually 5K more than he planned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallen View Post
The highlight of the night was Brooks Robinson who is a gracious ambassador for the game.

The highlight for me was hanging out for 3 hours after the event with a hobby pioneer who was outbid at $25k for the Hage's dairy collection. I asked him if $150 a card was too rich he said he only needed 12 of the cards so it was really $2k a card!

For me the highlight of the evening was trading old hobby war stories with said pioneer after he was out bid on the Hage's lot -0--

What a great venue for the event and although I don't bid on anything -- just hanging out and seeing what is going on is a treat in itself.

Regards
Rich
Old 08-10-2010, 10:06 AM
Tony N.

Default Legendary Summer Auction preview is up

Very nice selection of cards.

Tony
Old 08-10-2010, 01:45 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbgcbrcb View Post
Jeff:

The one at the show that you mentioned selling for $1,500 was at the Sporting News photo booth and I don't believe it was an original RPPC as the other one was but instead I believe it was a photo of the original postacrd on a postcard-back. I had the opportunity to buy it for $1,500 the first night but passed because of that reason as well as not really needing it for my collection's current focus.
What type of back did this postcard have?