NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 12-22-2010, 07:22 AM
Christopher Williams

Default 500 HomeRun Club Baseball

Take a look at the below horrific autographed "500 Homerun Club" baseball. Obvious forgery but you have to read the item description. Makes you wonder who their "experts" are. These "500 Homerun Club" forgeries have been flooding Ebay for the past year. This one sold for a whopping $227.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...253D&viewitem=

500.jpg
Old 12-22-2010, 08:52 AM
Chuck Tapia

I am just sick of this garbage. We can keep trying to blog about it, you can put out your video's, but the only thing you need to know is that e-bay isn't going to stop it. You know that much. The other 6 auction sites that sell this trash are small upstarts and they don't care.

Where ever there are idiots to buy these, they will be sellers who don't care or mostly are just ignorant people. That'll happen when 50% of our children can't graduate High School. This is just one tiny carry over effect. Lot's and lots of legal morons on both sides of the ball. The other is that Kids don't care about the hobby anymore. It's really about 100 grown men and the rest of the world doesn't give a rats ass.

I think if I didn't have integrity, I could sit in Pembrooke Pines, FL (Also where Steve Koschal calls home) and sell nothing but Birdchick, TTA, Morales, GAI, AAU forgeries, throw in an occasional real one, and make a nice living like CADDY1229. Here's a sample of his GAI crap forgeries by the bushels EVERY DAMN WEEK

http://cgi.ebay.com/MICKEY-MANTLE-MA...item35aebdf374

When you see Mickey, "pointing that meatchop finger and laughing"...he's laughing at you for buying a forgery. That is one of the most tired of poses for Mantle Mays Forgeries, much like the "toothy grin photo".

With all the blogging and with all the video's here's where we stand...

This should sum it all up for you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mickey-Mantle-an...item3cb392b9e0

Here's a nice lot of fakes with the triple threat of COA's. A beautiful shiney new Hologram from Chris Morales, of course TTA, and what fake listing wouldn't be complete with-out the Pawn Stars Authenticator, who has certed nothing but fakes for 20 years, AAU-DREW MAX. ALL Standards in the forgery industry.

How did Dew Max & AAu get back on E-bay after being on the old banned list? Not that the list is worth squat because very little is ever pulled, but his fakes are flourishing. If collectors are just too stupid, let that be the last impression your family has of you when your children sell off your fakes for you when you die. That will be the last thought they have of their dad or grandpa, that he was a complete idiot too, just like them. Me personally, I've just about had it.

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 12-22-2010 at 10:37 AM.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:25 AM
Christopher Williams

Default Mantle/Burczyk/GAI/Forgeries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
I am just sick of this garbage. We can keep trying to blog about it, you can put out your video's, but the only thing you need to know is that e-bay isn't going to stop it. You know that much. The other 6 auction sites that sell this trash are small upstarts and they don't care.

Where ever there are idiots to buy these, they will be sellers who don't care or mostly are just ignorant people. That'll happen when 50% of our children can't graduate High School. This is just one tiny carry over effect. Lot's and lots of legal morons on both sides of the ball. The other is that Kids don't care about the hobby anymore. It's really about 100 grown men and the rest of the world doesn't give a rats ass.

I think if I didn't have integrity, I could sit in Pembrooke Pines, FL (Also where Steve Koschal calls home) and sell nothing but Birdchick, TTA, Morales, GAI, AAU forgeries, throw in an occasional real one, and make a nice living like CADDY1226. Here's a sample of his GAI crap forgeries by the bushels EVERY DAMN WEEK

http://cgi.ebay.com/MICKEY-MANTLE-MA...item35aebdf374

When you see Mickey, "pointing that meatchop finger and laughing"...he's laughing at you for buying a forgery. That is one of the most tired of poses for Mantle Mays Forgeries, much like the "toothy grin photo".

With all the blogging and with all the video's here's where we stand...

This should sum it all up for you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mickey-Mantle-an...item3cb392b9e0

Here's a nice lot of fakes with the triple threat of COA's. A beautiful shiney new Hologram from Chris Morales, of course TTA, and what fake listing wouldn't be complete with-out the Pawn Stars Authenticator, who has certed nothing but fakes for 20 years, AAU-DREW MAX. ALL Standards in the forgery industry.

How did Dew Max & AAu get back on E-bay after being on the old banned list? Not that list is worth squat because very little is ever pulled, but his fakes are flourishing. If collectors are just too stupid, let that be the last impression your family has of you when your children sell off your fakes for you when you die. That will be the last thought they have of their dad or grandpa, that he was a complete idiot too, just like them. Me personally, I've just about had it.
Well written, Fudd. Ebay actually loves those auctions because it makes them a ton of money. Of course, we already know that Ebay has made millions from the sales of forgeries. And that seller "caddy1229" is one of the biggest sellers of GAI forgeries. Of course, he gets them directly from the source.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:55 AM

I swear there are a million of those 500 HR Club baseballs on the market. I've gotten to the point to where I don't even offer an opinion on an item because of the responses of uneducated autograph collectors on other websites I visit. I then see the same items (mainly GAI) being offered for sale or trade on the same sites.

The sports memorabilia industry is one of the shadiest of all hobbies, and I protect myself from getting ripped off by being extremely knowledgeable in what I buy and sell.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:34 AM

As the buyer of the 500 HR baseball being discussed above, I am kind of curious as to the "obvious" forgery? I have single signed balls from each player on the ball and they compare well. As for my single signed balls being fakes, not likely as I saw them all being signed in person. Curious as to what you see that I do not. Thanks
Old 12-24-2010, 07:21 AM
Christopher Williams

Default Mickey Mantle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdavis34 View Post
As the buyer of the 500 HR baseball being discussed above, I am kind of curious as to the "obvious" forgery? I have single signed balls from each player on the ball and they compare well. As for my single signed balls being fakes, not likely as I saw them all being signed in person. Curious as to what you see that I do not. Thanks
I'd love to see your autographed Mantle baseball that you claim you got in person and that you say "They compare well." Please post a photo of it here. The majority of so-called collectors cannot tell the difference between an authentic Mantle autograph and forgery. To them, they think they all look the same.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:25 AM
Richard Simon

KDavis - Please post pictures of the Williams and Mantle baseballs that you have in your collection.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 12-24-2010, 07:38 AM
Christopher Williams

Default Mickey Mantle

Quote:
If you're so confident that your autographed "500 Homerun Club" baseball is authentic, send it off to PSA and get it authenticated and rub it in our faces.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:42 AM

Here ya go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Baseballs.jpg (78.5 KB, 156 views)
Old 12-24-2010, 08:19 AM

Dear Truthisoutthere, As far as "so-called" signed in person, I live in D/FW, fiance at the time was family friends of Mick, and he drank at the bar I worked at all the time when I was working my way through college....Geez.......
Old 12-24-2010, 09:20 AM

They compare well to each other because they are all forgeries that originated out of southern Florida in the 1990's. I have literally examined thousands of these items. This is simply "Operation Bullpen" material. Mantle's signature was never shaky like that.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:09 AM
Christopher Williams

Default Mickey Mantle

[QUOTE=kdavis34;857438]Dear Truthisoutthere, As far as "so-called" signed in person, I live in D/FW, fiance at the time was family friends of Mick, and he drank at the bar I worked at all the time when I was working my way through college....Geez.......[/QUOTN

Now please tell us how you really acquired that Mickey Mantle autographed baseball? Even when Mantle was "under the weather" his signature was never shaky. And that "Mantle" is simply awful. It's amazing how people who own "that" Mantle always say that "he was drinking at the time." That never impaired his ability to sign his beautiful "Mickey Mantle."
Old 12-24-2010, 11:32 AM
Shelly Jaf.fe

I hope you where kidding about the above ball. That Williams ,Mantle ball sold on shop at home with a bunch of other gargbage. It was supplied by B and J, Howards and Madison. You can play catch or hit it with a bat. I would wash it off first the ink could get on your hands.

Last edited by shelly; 12-24-2010 at 11:39 AM.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:32 AM
Richard Simon

Geez Mr Davis,,, you are right the signatures on your ss balls sure look like the signatures on the 500 HR ball,the same tremors and hesitation appear in the signatures on the ss balls and the 500 HR ball. Obviously signed by the same person. Guess Mickey must have had the same amount of drinks in him when he signed that 500 HR ball as when he signed your baseball.
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 12-24-2010 at 11:38 AM.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:29 PM

I never claimed to be an expert, if they are bad they are bad, why is everyone so hostile on this board....Merry Christmas!
Old 12-24-2010, 12:30 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Default Hmmm...

Ok so my 2 questions are
1) In what world would a legit 500 HR baseball sell for $227
2) Why would you spend $200 on anything without seeing the enitre item? None of the other sigs are visible. Even if the Mantle and Williams are real(which they are not), if the other signatures are bad the ball's value is destroyed.

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 12-24-2010, 12:38 PM

Have already returned ball for full refund, nothing lost, no worries.....Thanks though, got caught up in a moment. Sure it has never happened to anyone on this board....
Old 12-24-2010, 12:41 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
I never claimed to be an expert, if they are bad they are bad, why is everyone so hostile on this board....Merry Christmas!
KD-

It is not hostility to you, it is just frustration at all the vermin who have badly hurt the autograph market. Some of whom probably read this board.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 12-24-2010 at 12:41 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:44 PM

Appreciate that and appreciate the input, hope all have a great holiday. I will not make the same mistake again!!
Old 12-24-2010, 12:49 PM
Christopher Williams

Default Merry Christmas

I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:07 PM
Doug Goodman

Default laughing out loud

Boy, we sure went from -

Quote:
I saw them all being signed in person
to

Quote:
I never claimed to be an expert, ... why is everyone so hostile on this board
to

Quote:
appreciate the input, ... I will not make the same mistake again!!
pretty quick.

Merry, Happy, etc.
Doug
Old 12-24-2010, 01:23 PM
Christopher Williams

Default Mickey Mantle

Quote:
Mr. Kdavis, no one is being hostile on this forum. But you have to understand that collectors have had it "up to here" with the flood of forgeries in the hobby. If you want to own sports autographs why don't you do some research first? The collectors here who are knowledgeable about autographs have taken a lot of time to study autographs and research autographs. Why do you think autograph fraud is rampant on Ebay? Because the sellers of forgeries on Ebay know that 80% of people who buy autographs don't have a clue and it's an easy buck for the sellers of forgeries. There's a seller on Ebay right now (I did a video on them) who sells between 100-200 forgeries a week on baseball and football cards. Every week they have at least 3-4 Tom Brady sigs, one or two Walter Payton sigs, etc. The seller claims they get all of their autographs through the mail. How about some common sense out there. Anyway, everyone enjoy their weekend and Christmas.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:00 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Have already returned ball for full refund, nothing lost, no worries.....Thanks though, got caught up in a moment. Sure it has never happened to anyone on this board....
Thanks for posting your thoughts and your auto's here. Thanks for taking the time to search out the information and get the answers you need. I'm just a collector and have I have fell pray to fakes too. I think it's important to look at the Mantle auto's again and look for some of the "tells".

First you will notice that despite being shaky, the M's (1/2 moons) are very narrow to start with. The baseline of the "Mickey" is almost always perfect. Notice how in the forged ball the "k" drops below the baseline. It also might appear as "Milkey" as the c points up too much. The curved top of the K also generally lines up with tail of the y. The Ma in Mantle is always the biggest tells for me. There is no slow moving curve where the M attaches to the a. It is usually more of a flick or runs up the a. It also would appear to read in the forged item," Mautle".

These are some I use to spot obvious forgeries. These guys here are pros and sometimes they probably are a little harsh like I am too because we are all just sick that this can keep happening at such a frightening level. If anyone knows the score it's Richard, Jodi, TT2 and especially Shelly, who lived the tale. Thanks Shelly for adding to the discussion. Once you know what to look for, these obvious forgeries actually just jump right out at you.

Compare this authentic signature to the ss ball you have and I think you would agree there is no comparison.

Thanks again for sharing your experiences and nice job getting your money back. I hope you stay active on the board. Merry Christmas to all. FUDD
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mickey Mantle #3 .jpg (70.1 KB, 117 views)

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 12-24-2010 at 02:06 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:24 PM

I do appreciate all of you guy's help. It did get me to thinking where my stuff came from because I have been collecting for 30+ years. I bet my DiMaggio stuff is probably fake as well! The Williams/DiMaggio stuff was probably purchased in the late 80's/early 90's from an advertisement in SCD. I will have to go look at my fake certificates to see from who. The Mantle I thought was from my soon to be Aunt. The rest of my auto's have been from shows where I have seen them sign. I have probably bought 1-2 from Ebay in my life, obviously 1 of them the big disaster that caused all of this. I will never sell any of it and pass it to my son who I guess one day will figure out that his Mantle, DiMaggio, and Williams stuff is no good, but that is a VERY small part of what I have collected so that is ok.

P.S.Does anyone have an opinion on Coach's Corner Auctions???? I have bought some older "cuts" from them through the years....
Old 12-24-2010, 02:27 PM
Christopher Williams

Default Coach's Corner Auctions

Quote:
I do appreciate all of you guy's help. It did get me to thinking where my stuff came from because I have been collecting for 30+ years. I bet my DiMaggio stuff is probably fake as well! The Williams/DiMaggio stuff was probably purchased in the late 80's/early 90's from an advertisement in SCD. I will have to go look at my fake certificates to see from who. The Mantle I thought was from my soon to be Aunt. The rest of my auto's have been from shows where I have seen them sign. I have probably bought 1-2 from Ebay in my life, obviously 1 of them the big disaster that caused all of this. I will never sell any of it and pass it to my son who I guess one day will figure out that his Mantle, DiMaggio, and Williams stuff is no good, but that is a VERY small part of what I have collected so that is ok.

P.S.Does anyone have an opinion on Coach's Corner Auctions???? I have bought some older "cuts" from them through the years....
OMG!!! All you have to do is "Google" Coach's Corner Auctions and you'll find out everything you need to know.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:35 PM

Haha, I am officially out of the autograph collecting business...............
Old 12-24-2010, 02:47 PM
Richard Simon

The Coach's Corner cuts make fine kindling.
Got a fireplace?
--
Old 12-24-2010, 02:57 PM

I guess the good news is I will not EVER be ripped off again and the bad news is well, that is obvious. I will choose to laugh as to not cry, right.....On a teacher/coach salary this is a complete beat down on Christmas nonetheless....Curses for buying a stupid 500 HR ball and someone tipping me off to this site!!!!! Ignorance is BLISS!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha
Old 12-24-2010, 03:47 PM
Jim D

we have a monthly posting dedicated to Coach's corner and their fakes....

Best thing i can say is that you have now learned enough to save yourself some money in the future.

I wouldn't advise passing on the fakes to your son. If you have a fake signed ball, maybe educate your son with it and then go play catch with it after. The memories of that will be worth far more then any signed ball anyways!

Happy holidays.

If all else fails, send all your fakes to Rarerookies, he likes fakes!

It is better to be quiet and thought of as a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt!!
Old 12-28-2010, 09:55 PM

WTF? Why are you throwing my name around?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUBAR View Post
we have a monthly posting dedicated to Coach's corner and their fakes....

Best thing i can say is that you have now learned enough to save yourself some money in the future.

I wouldn't advise passing on the fakes to your son. If you have a fake signed ball, maybe educate your son with it and then go play catch with it after. The memories of that will be worth far more then any signed ball anyways!

Happy holidays.

If all else fails, send all your fakes to Rarerookies, he likes fakes!