NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-16-2016, 08:55 AM

Default Our favorite seller on Ebay - Battlefield0516

So I've always wondered why Battlefield0516 is still getting such strong prices after everyone on here knows that Carol is doctoring the photos, and knows better than to deal with this crook.

I think I found my answer - Shill bidding:
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d..._None_ViewLink

Fake, pictures. Shill bidding. Anything else this seller won't do to rip off her customers?

I don't get why people keep consign with this seller. Actually, on second thought, maybe the other 27% is buying the stuff she is selling.

Ibet Ebay could shut her down in 60 seconds if they wanted to. Oh wait, silly thought.

Cheers,
Patrick

Last edited by SMPEP; 01-16-2016 at 09:01 AM.
Old 01-16-2016, 09:04 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMPEP View Post
So I've always wondered why Battlefield0516 is still getting such strong prices after everyone on here knows that Carol is doctoring the photos, and knows better than to deal with this crook.

Fake, pictures. Shill bidding. Anything else this seller won't do to rip off her customers?

I don't get why people keep consign with this seller. Actually, on second thought, maybe the other 27% is buying the stuff she is selling.

Ibet Ebay could shut her down in 60 seconds if they wanted to. Oh wait, silly thought.

Cheers,
Patrick
I like on the negative feedback for 6 months...there are 77 negatives...that on some of the comments he writes 'Not True, bidder is banned from future auctions' but is without any comment on most of them....I guess they are true than..

what about the ebay id great lakes auction or something like that..lots of raw key cards...any experiences with them

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 01-16-2016 at 09:07 AM.
Old 01-16-2016, 09:22 AM
pete ullman

I made the mistake of winning some of her auctions recently...all looked nr-mt in scans...claims of sharp corners/ no creases...only to receive the cards to find creases...dinged corners hidden in scans.

Refund was promptly given but a frustrating experience.

I must have ignored previous posts about this seller...never again!!
Old 01-16-2016, 10:52 AM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
what about the ebay id great lakes auction or something like that..lots of raw key cards...any experiences with them
They have several ebay IDs. I have bought some stuff from them and had to return everything for hidden flaws or alterations--not implying they altered the cards but they certainly did not catch the problems. They refunded immediately. They buy out of my auction listings and tend to buy cards which have better eye appeal than their technical grade. Have not tracked those purchases to see what they do with the cards in their listings.
Old 01-16-2016, 11:25 AM
Peter Spaeth

They have been discussed many times on here. As mentioned above, their thing (at least one of them) is to crack out cards and scan and describe them in a way that makes them look 2 or more grades nicer. Apparently there are a lot of not very critical people out there/people who don't submit.

As long as they will refund, ebay won't touch them.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 01-16-2016 at 11:26 AM.
Old 01-16-2016, 12:02 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
They have been discussed many times on here. As mentioned above, their thing (at least one of them) is to crack out cards and scan and describe them in a way that makes them look 2 or more grades nicer. Apparently there are a lot of not very critical people out there/people who don't submit.

As long as they will refund, ebay won't touch them.
well people are buying the card not the grade........im sure some people don't bother with the hassle of returning the card..almost like getting a mail in rebate which many people never send in.....life gets in the way
Old 01-16-2016, 12:06 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Good question-

I have been hesitant on them as well and I feel like someone posted about a bad experience but I can't place it.

Anyone have input on great_lakes_auction_house26?

The cards look great but are always raw.

I might just start a thread to get more answers out of curiousity.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Old 01-16-2016, 12:09 PM
Dave_Berg

Quote:
well people are buying the card not the grade........im sure some people don't bother with the hassle of returning the card..almost like getting a mail in rebate which many people never send in.....life gets in the way
Problem is they're not getting the card in condition shown. They photoshop their scans. Almost universally I'd bet.
Old 01-16-2016, 12:51 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMPEP View Post

Cheers,
Patrick
Throught the years, I have made a couple of low dollar purchases from them and there were no problems. The 2 cards I have bought were low dollar W572 and scans were accurate for what I had bought. With that said, I would not buy anything of significance from them due to reputation.
Old 01-16-2016, 03:52 PM

Well, I wasn't trying to rehash the long-established deceptive photo practices. I was saying that based on the bidding history, it's pretty obvious Carolyn is shill bidding her items. I bet if you looked into the other 27% of transactions that "buyer" has bid on - you'd find that they are items that she bought for resale.

Ebay could figure in 10 minutes - but we know they won't because they make money off her.

Cheers,
Patrick
Old 01-16-2016, 04:01 PM
Al Richter

Default Opinions

Patrick-- don't disagree with you, but everyone in this thread has their name in the game because we expressed opinions in posts on a person or company. It's one of the few rules
Old 01-16-2016, 04:27 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
Patrick-- don't disagree with you, but everyone in this thread has their name in the game because we expressed opinions in posts on a person or company. It's one of the few rules
Even scummy sellers should know their accusers per the rules..
Old 01-16-2016, 05:40 PM
D@v!d W@tk!n$

I have made one purchase from Great Lakes Auction. Purchased a raw Reggie Jackson rookie and was hoping for a 7 but came back a 6.5. I was happy overall with the card as a lot of bidders were going after it because of the centering being near perfect.

David Watkins
Old 01-17-2016, 09:47 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Default When Shilling Goes Wrong.

Here's something for you shilling aficionados and a perfect example why sniping is the only logical purchase method to avoid it.

Battlefield listing that ended on 12/22 that I was sadly thinking about -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PIE-TRAYNOR-...p2047675.l2557

Bid history -

User history for user M**l who just fished for the max bid on two different users and tried to hit up O***s for more till they accidentally overbid a real bidder -

Look what's back mysteriously after likely filing a NPB on someone who only bids on Battlefield auctions so no Ebay fees were accessed -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PIE-TRAYNOR-...3D131702409747

...make your call on whether or not you think that's on the level.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Old 01-17-2016, 11:47 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

First time I encountered this seller it was with a card I really wanted but after looking at the scans and reading the descriptions, I wasn't going to chase it much farther than 50% of FMV. When I saw the feedbacks I decided not to bid more than 25% of FMV.

Sadly, this sort of crap is becoming the new normal on fleaBay.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 01-17-2016, 02:14 PM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

How does a seller that has 135 negatives still be allowed to sell on eBay?

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard
Old 01-17-2016, 02:28 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buythatcard View Post
he has 1000s of positives...so percentage isn't bad...
Old 01-18-2016, 12:38 AM
Ryan Waggoner

Wow, guys, had no idea about battlefield. I'm always looking for Braves cards and her name pops up for the early 50's Topps that I'm looking for. Thankfully, I've never bought from her and now I never will.
Old 01-18-2016, 06:19 AM
J0$H B^ck!ey

Quote:
Originally Posted by buythatcard View Post
how does a seller that has 135 negatives still be allowed to sell on ebay?
science!
22/39 Unique Backs 56%
80/86 Minors 93%
25/48 Southern Leaguers 52%
6/10 Billy Sullivan back run 60%

237PSA / 94 SGC / 98 RAW

Excel spreadsheets only $5
T3, T201, T202, T204, T205, T206, T207, 1914 CJ, 1915 CJ, Topps 1952-1979, and more!!!!

Checklists sold (20)

T205 8/208 3.8%
Old 01-18-2016, 07:43 AM
K!ya S@bet

Quote:
Right? Thanks OBAMA!
Old 01-18-2016, 08:52 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksabet View Post
Right? Thanks OBAMA!
No politics please.....
Old 01-18-2016, 08:57 AM
Ed Woelfle

Default Babblefield

This Battlefield thread from not-too-long ago, I had posted (#27) in this thread some comparison scans along with examples and information others had posted as well. This may help give an idea/illustration of what they do to doctor scans and commit fraud.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...=185850&page=3

I recall sending or reporting this to eBay with the usual eBay response/action. Nothing. Actually, no - eBay has done something about it since .. they suppressed history information making it tougher to investigate/prove this.

eBay doesn't care about the positives outweighing the negatives so much as the overall volume of items bought and sold by Battlefraud and the steady income back to eBay they provide.
Old 01-18-2016, 09:38 AM
Eric Bea.chley

Their antics are causing issues on the non-sports side as well. Take a look at post #20 where someone shows the auction scan and compare it to actuality.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/52660...d0516+Auctions
Old 01-18-2016, 09:47 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
When scummy sellers like this can make money for fleabay the question needs no answer.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 01-18-2016, 11:02 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

As long as the seller issues a refund when asked eBay couldn't care less about the rest. They see cards the same as toasters. You buy it, it is defective, you send it back, the seller refunds your money. No harm done. Buy a different toaster.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 01-18-2016 at 11:03 AM.