NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Hockey, Olympic, Auto Racing And All Other Cards

Old 12-30-2014, 11:16 PM

Default 1977 Fútbol Maradona Rookie card / disc

I am planning to send in to SGC my 1977 Fútbol Maradona disc for grading. It wouldn't grade high of course, but this is secondary. I think it would be good for the hobby to get SGC to grade this item. I have talked to them and they want to have it in their hands in order to do their own research, but they asked me to send any information I may have about it that can verify the year, publisher and the existence of other subjects in the set.

I have and can obtain more scans of other items of the same series, no problem with that. Any of you guys has any more info? Scan / photo of the album for example? Checklist? Publisher? Anything would be deeply appreciated!

Have a great and happy new year everybody and happy collecting!

MySoccerCards.com
Old 01-17-2015, 06:34 PM

Smile 1977 Maradona disc.

Hi: New to the site. Just been reading and having a look at some of the vintage cards. Your in particular, are pretty good.
In so far as the 1977 Maradona disc goes, I wonder if you have submitted to SGC yet? I don't imagine that it will be all that easy to get them to encapsulate it without something to verify the album, it's spot in the album
and the cover page (and what is written there). Personally, I don't have this information. Patience is a virtue.

I have been submitting to SGC now for a couple of years. I have found them to be very receptive (and welcoming of the help) if you supply them with some printed documentation regarding a particular card/sticker issue. They are quite easy to work with and try to be reasonable when you give them something verifing to look at. PSA on the other hand is a different story.
Anyway, good luck with your submission should you choose to go ahead.

rayj.
Old 01-18-2015, 11:23 AM

Hi Rayj and welcome to the forum!

I agree with you on the 1977 Maradona disc, and thats why I have not sent it in yet. I hope to find some more information and scans to send along, so that they have something to look at besides the card and my dating of the card.

I have actually never submitted to SGC but I agree that they have been very receptive and quick on answering my enquiries about oddballs that I consider to send them - mostly things that PSA won't grade (for now).

Thank you for your reply, welcome again and stay in touch!

MySoccerCards.com
Old 01-29-2015, 12:53 PM

Hi: Just wanted to give you a heads up, that I have recently seen someone
in Brazil selling reproductions of the 1977 Maradona Disc. Be carefully if you ever are tempted to upgrade to what looks like a nice, new sparkling disc.
never recovered from an album and looking mint. There was a guy selling two for R$800.00. To his credit, he admitted that they were in fact reproductions.
Caution is the key.

rayj.
Old 01-31-2015, 02:56 PM

In this hobby, if it looks too good to be true, then it is probably not. ;-)

MySoccerCards.com