NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-16-2023, 09:41 AM
jim qu.inlisk

Default For your blocked bidder list

I was looking at this guy's feedback left after he made me an offer on ebay and I couldn't decline fast enough. He's given 15 feedback and managed to have bad transactions on 4 of them!

dalgoe_18

https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback_p..._context=BUYER
Old 04-16-2023, 05:18 PM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

I'm not too worried, as I do not ship cards in the mail by taping them to a piece of cereal box with scotch tape in an envelope, and I also do not list used items as "Brand New Sealed in Box".

eBay needs more buyers like this guy, in my opinion. That site is full of shady dishonest sellers.
Old 04-16-2023, 10:49 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimq16415 View Post
I was looking at this guy's feedback left after he made me an offer on ebay and I couldn't decline fast enough. He's given 15 feedback and managed to have bad transactions on 4 of them!

dalgoe_18

Hmmmmm?

I am curious as to why you would be so quick to condemn this buyer? You looked at the feedback he had left for others, but did you then even bother to look further at the feedback ratings for those he left not so great feedback for? Because if you did, you would have seen that one seller only had about a 94% positive feedback rating, while two others had much worse feedback ratings of only about 91% and 92% positive feedback. With such obviously not so great positive feedback ratings like that, it is not hard to believe that this buyer may have been entirely correct and proper for leaving the negative feedback he did for them? And as for the fourth negative feedback he left, that seller had a 99.5% positive feedback rating, but the buyer saw fit to call the seller out for what it appears he/she felt was an obvious S&H overcharge. The giveaway there is the rather telling first response point the seller posted back to this buyer - Was the card damaged at all? Instead of explaining why the card's S&H would be that much cost, they just blew it off as basically saying the card wasn't damaged, so what the hell are you complaining about? I was always under the impression that S&H charges were not supposed to be additional profit centers for sellers. And can also tell you I positively dislike sellers that rip-off buyers with such jacked up S&H charges as well. Pretty scummy way sellers hope buyers will bid without paying attention to the S&H charges. If such sellers really want to use the S&H charges as sort of a reserve/minimum bid, why don't they just honestly jack up the starting bid amount instead of screwing around with buyers like this?

But you decided to go ahead and not do a deal with this buyer, who obviously has had a not insignificant number of positive purchase transactions with many other sellers on Ebay (though he/she appears to not really bother leaving feedback on their purchases much). Which is fine, it is your stuff for sale, and you can do what you want with it. But then why go on an online public forum/chatroom and call out and specifically naming such a person as a bad buyer, without really having any clue as to the actual details and facts behind any of these four separate transactions? You have absolutely no sales/transaction experience with this person yourself whatsoever, yet made your call it seems based solely on bad experiences he/she had with others. Which begs the question, did you really think so badly of this potential buyer, or is it possibly more because you do or have done similar crummy things as a seller that these four that got left negative feedback had done, and are therefore afraid that if you completed a transaction with this buyer he/she would have the balls to call you out and leave negative feedback for you if they got similar crappy treatment from you as a seller as well?

See how that can go both ways? Think twice......post once!
Old 04-17-2023, 05:25 AM
jim qu.inlisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Hmmmmm?

I am curious as to why you would be so quick to condemn this buyer? You looked at the feedback he had left for others, but did you then even bother to look further at the feedback ratings for those he left not so great feedback for? Because if you did, you would have seen that one seller only had about a 94% positive feedback rating, while two others had much worse feedback ratings of only about 91% and 92% positive feedback. With such obviously not so great positive feedback ratings like that, it is not hard to believe that this buyer may have been entirely correct and proper for leaving the negative feedback he did for them? And as for the fourth negative feedback he left, that seller had a 99.5% positive feedback rating, but the buyer saw fit to call the seller out for what it appears he/she felt was an obvious S&H overcharge. The giveaway there is the rather telling first response point the seller posted back to this buyer - Was the card damaged at all? Instead of explaining why the card's S&H would be that much cost, they just blew it off as basically saying the card wasn't damaged, so what the hell are you complaining about? I was always under the impression that S&H charges were not supposed to be additional profit centers for sellers. And can also tell you I positively dislike sellers that rip-off buyers with such jacked up S&H charges as well. Pretty scummy way sellers hope buyers will bid without paying attention to the S&H charges. If such sellers really want to use the S&H charges as sort of a reserve/minimum bid, why don't they just honestly jack up the starting bid amount instead of screwing around with buyers like this?

But you decided to go ahead and not do a deal with this buyer, who obviously has had a not insignificant number of positive purchase transactions with many other sellers on Ebay (though he/she appears to not really bother leaving feedback on their purchases much). Which is fine, it is your stuff for sale, and you can do what you want with it. But then why go on an online public forum/chatroom and call out and specifically naming such a person as a bad buyer, without really having any clue as to the actual details and facts behind any of these four separate transactions? You have absolutely no sales/transaction experience with this person yourself whatsoever, yet made your call it seems based solely on bad experiences he/she had with others. Which begs the question, did you really think so badly of this potential buyer, or is it possibly more because you do or have done similar crummy things as a seller that these four that got left negative feedback had done, and are therefore afraid that if you completed a transaction with this buyer he/she would have the balls to call you out and leave negative feedback for you if they got similar crappy treatment from you as a seller as well?

See how that can go both ways? Think twice......post once!
Respectfully disagree. The 91% feeeback seller was 100% until he ran into that buyer. The 96% seller was 100% before they ran into that buyer. The next one, where the seller responded, was a $6.50 card where the seller took the time to pack it in a bubble mailer sandwiched between corrugated cardboard and taped a penny sleeve (should have been cardsaver) ao it didn't get damaged. One of 2 negs for that seller out of over 400 in 12 months. He also complained about shipping costs. Maybe he didn't look at the listing before he bid. The last feedback I thought was so bad was that he complained about the cardboard being like a cereal box. Again that seller's only negative. The feedback right next to his said his cards were so well protected that even USPS couldn't ruin them. That feedback complained about him using a cereal box to protect a .99 card.

I did spend some time looking at the sellers and almost all had no problems until they dealt with him, It's why i posted this. It takes a minute to ad him to your blocked list and then you won't go from 100% to less than that. Out of at least 314 transactions he saw fit to leave 15 feedback and of those, 26% were negative.

I'm not blindly trashing a buyer but I'd rather not deal with somebody with such bad luck that so many deals go bad.
Old 04-17-2023, 09:43 AM
Mark Fox

Quote:

dalgoe_18

You're obviously free to choose to not deal with someone for any reason, but IMO someone leaving negative feedbacks for what appears to be completely valid reasons is hardly a rationale for posting their username in a forum to blackball them and call them out as someone to block. Not to mention the fact that the user has a perfect buyer feedback of 263.

Again, just my opinion.
Old 04-17-2023, 09:57 AM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by markf31 View Post

...the user has a perfect buyer feedback of 263...
From my experience, sellers can either leave positive feedback or report the buyer to eBay. I no longer see a way to leave negative or neutral feedback for buyers. It used to be an option for sellers; however, eBay removed that option years ago.

So, having a perfect buyer feedback might not be a measurement that's indicative of anything significant.

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (189/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
Old 04-17-2023, 09:29 PM
Bo.b Per.ez

Quote:
Originally Posted by markf31 View Post
You're obviously free to choose to not deal with someone for any reason, but IMO someone leaving negative feedbacks for what appears to be completely valid reasons is hardly a rationale for posting their username in a forum to blackball them and call them out as someone to block. Not to mention the fact that the user has a perfect buyer feedback of 263.

Again, just my opinion.
Everyone who buys on ebay has a perfect feedback rating. You can't leave negative feedback for buyers. I always check a guys feedback left for others. It's a great indicator of what kind of buyer they really are. Negative feedback should be a last resort. This guy seems to be a little too hair trigger and I'll likely block him.
Old 04-18-2023, 12:21 AM
Bob C.

Quote:
Respectfully disagree. The 91% feeeback seller was 100% until he ran into that buyer. The 96% seller was 100% before they ran into that buyer. The next one, where the seller responded, was a $6.50 card where the seller took the time to pack it in a bubble mailer sandwiched between corrugated cardboard and taped a penny sleeve (should have been cardsaver) ao it didn't get damaged. One of 2 negs for that seller out of over 400 in 12 months. He also complained about shipping costs. Maybe he didn't look at the listing before he bid. The last feedback I thought was so bad was that he complained about the cardboard being like a cereal box. Again that seller's only negative. The feedback right next to his said his cards were so well protected that even USPS couldn't ruin them. That feedback complained about him using a cereal box to protect a .99 card.

I did spend some time looking at the sellers and almost all had no problems until they dealt with him, It's why i posted this. It takes a minute to ad him to your blocked list and then you won't go from 100% to less than that. Out of at least 314 transactions he saw fit to leave 15 feedback and of those, 26% were negative.

I'm not blindly trashing a buyer but I'd rather not deal with somebody with such bad luck that so many deals go bad.
I'm going to respectfully disagree right back at you, because of the fact that this buyer has had several hundred transactions just in this past year alone that he/she's been involved with. Meanwhile you seem to have made a specific, special effort to point out, focus, and comment on how 4 of the 15 feedback they did decide to leave for sellers, were negative. Wouldn't it have been a little bit more correct and accurate to point out how they left 4 negative feedback on closer to 300 or so transactions, and not just the 15 number you seemed to be more focused on? That seemed awfully coincidental to me, or maybe the more correct term would be convenient? Or are you also holding the fact that this potential buyer just doesn't normally leave feedback for any sellers at all, against them?

I purposely pointed out the not so great positive feedback ratings of some of these sellers this buyer gave negative feedback to, and knew that his specific negative feedback was a major reason for those overall poor ratings to begin with. I did that just to demonstrate how the way you present something can mislead and affect the way others view and regard what you're saying. Just like you told others in your post to block this buyer, but then only pointed out the 4 negatives out of 15 feedback he left, not the more accurate 4 negatives out of around 300 transactions he was involved in. Funny how you left that out till AFTER I brought it up, isn't it?

Also, thanks for taking the bait I cast out there, and then ironically coming back to call me out for supposedly misrepresenting the facts regarding the not so great feedback ratings of those sellers that this buyer left negative feedback for. Because that is exactly the same thing I was trying/hoping to point out to you that you had done, by the way you posted and were misrepresenting facts about this buyer in the first place by originally only pointing out the 4 out of 15, 26% negative posts, ratio. Maybe you get the point now and realize what you did posting this person's Ebay identity on a public forum, while immediately calling for others to block them, when you have no real evidence or proof that this person did anything wrong, is pretty damn $hitty!!!!! I have absolutely no problem in your deciding to not deal with this person on your own personal Ebay listings. But again, posting and calling for others to block someone on your perceived, not actual or proven, suspicions, is pretty low in my book!

And as for the poor seller ratings caused by this seller's negative feedback, the fact that some of these sellers are so new to selling on Ebay, and have so few transactions, just shows they are somewhat new and therefore likely inexperienced sellers who may easily make mistakes and improperly be doing things to cause, and deserve, them getting negative feedback. And as for the one seller you pointed out, and specifically commented about how this buyer's feedback was his only negative feedback, and how you thought this buyer's feedback was "so bad" because he appeared to be complaining about the way the seller packaged and sent him/her a $0/99 card, you completely blew it and missed the real reason for the negative feedback. And I already pointed this out to you in my earlier post, which you seem to have forgotten or ignored. The negative wasn't because of the way the item was packaged and shipped, it was a negative because of what the seller charged for the S&H based on the way it was packaged and shipped. I agree with the buyer. You sell me a $0.99 card, but then jack up and charge me like $6.00 for S&H, which when I get the card, I can immediately see the packaging and shipping didn't cost anywhere near what you charged me for it, I'd be pissed as hell also! And before you dare to come back and say that the S&H charge was probably clearly posted in the seller's auction listing, so the buyer should have absolutely no right to complain, that is total BS!!! I already commented on how S&H charges are not supposed to be additional profit centers for Ebay sellers, or do you somehow think they are? And this buyer probably waited to see if this seller was going to end up spending some additional amount of time, expense, and/or effort to then justify the much higher S&H charge they were paying. And when they finally got the package and realized they got screwed and overcharged on the S&H, why shouldn't the buyer be justified and able to file a negative response? If you're an HONEST seller, and want to get at least a certain amount for an otherwise cheap card, then set the minimum bid/BIN at what you want, and don't try screwing over buyers by jacking up the S&H charge to get more money out of them.

Last edited by BobC; 04-18-2023 at 12:29 AM.
Old 04-19-2023, 05:12 PM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Quote:

The fact that those sellers did not have any negative feedback prior to their encounter with him says very little about their selling practices because eBay removes about 90% of negative feedback that gets left for sellers. Their feedback program is a complete joke.