NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-19-2023, 02:58 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Invoking Trump should be the equivalent of invoking a certain German politician, which in the early days of the Usenet groups was grounds for ending a thread -- Godwin's law I believe.
See...that's why politics should never be brought up. You think Trump invokes a certain German Politician. I think Biden invokes a certain German politician. And with that, I will no longer enter this thread again. It has gone to the dogs.
Old 04-19-2023, 03:00 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
See...that's why politics should never be brought up. You think Trump invokes a certain German Politician. I think Biden invokes a certain German politician. And with that, I will no longer enter this thread again. It has gone to the dogs.
Yet you're the one who brought them up. Hysterical. Not to mention that you are not understanding what I am saying. Oh well.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 04-19-2023 at 03:01 PM.
Old 04-19-2023, 03:01 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Invoking Trump should be the equivalent of invoking a certain German politician, which in the early days of the Usenet groups was grounds for ending a thread -- Godwin's law I believe.
So he brought up what he thinks should get the thread ended since it isn't going his way. Sounds about right here

Last edited by G1911; 04-19-2023 at 03:02 PM.
Old 04-19-2023, 04:31 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Yet you're the one who brought them up. Hysterical. Not to mention that you are not understanding what I am saying. Oh well.
LOL

Nothing new Peter, nothing new. SSDD

By the way, and this is not directed at you at all, that Godwin's Law statement and idea, was deemed BS by Godwin himself, who said that people trying to invoke whatever, based on things he was saying, were wrong to do so and that they didn't understand him at all either. Just twisted his words and meaning to supposedly argue and support their narrative, or used it as a way to get out of an argument that they possibly weren't/couldn't win otherwise. It seems to be the way of the world today for many. LOL

Once again.......SSDD!
Old 04-19-2023, 04:42 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
LOL

Nothing new Peter, nothing new. SSDD

By the way, and this is not directed at you at all, that Godwin's Law statement and idea, was deemed BS by Godwin himself, who said that people trying to invoke whatever, based on things he was saying, were wrong to do so and that they didn't understand him at all either. Just twisted his words and meaning to supposedly argue and support their narrative, or used it as a way to get out of an argument that they possibly weren't/couldn't win otherwise. It seems to be the way of the world today for many. LOL

Once again.......SSDD!
According to Wikipedia, it looks like his law only dealt with the probability someone would refer to the German individual as a thread went on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 04-19-2023, 05:00 PM
Bill Roberts

Bobby, I knew if I just sat back and let you post, you'd eventually prove my point. And you did. Thank you.
Old 04-19-2023, 05:32 PM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

I wonder if this is only for people in certain states? I'm in CA and have a resale certificate on file with them and I buy cards from them every week. I have not had sales taxes added to any of my invoices.

Also, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank those of you who are on board the PWCC=evil train, as it allows me to occasionally find some good deals there... For now.

PWCC has been growing though, not shrinking. They're doing more and more volume every month. It's the best auction platform in the hobby by a country mile, from a user experience, in my opinion.

I understand why you guys hate them though. I just disagree with your conclusions based on the evidence presented against them (for the most part).
Old 04-19-2023, 06:33 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
According to Wikipedia, it looks like his law only dealt with the probability someone would refer to the German individual as a thread went on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

Yup, and if you read further into that story/article and translate some of what Godwin was quoted as saying into more common, everyday English, his somewhat high-brow literary terminology and words, where he talks about how people have mistakenly used and/or applied his now somewhat famous internet adage, end up basically telling you the way his saying is often being used is BS, and it is not what he meant or intended it to be.

I got improperly accused once of breaking this so-called Law by one of the village idiots here on this forum as well, who likewise was ignorant of Godwin's actual meaning and intended use. Never let intelligence stand in the way of saying something stupid, right? As I already said, SSDD! Some things bever seem to change Peter.

Last edited by BobC; 04-19-2023 at 06:37 PM.