NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-03-2011, 05:34 AM
Paul Fusco

Default Strongsville Show 2011 April8-10th

Good morning folks. Our show this year is scheduled from April 8-10th. The hours are 10-6 on Friday, 10-6 on Saturday and 10-4 on Sunday. Cleveland Hopkins airport is a short trip from the Strongsville Holiday Inn and Cleveland is a cheap destination with many low cost carriers coming into the airport. If you have not attended the Strongsville show lately, you might want to think about coming in for the weekend. It is the largest vintage card and memorabilia hotel show left in the country. It has been Ohio's longest running show for more than three decades after a short hiatus a few years ago. There are dealers from 17 states and Canada with a plethora of vintage material. More information can be found at www.ohiosportscollector.com. I invite all net members to attend the show, it will be worth your time.

Paul Fusco
Fusco Auctions

Last edited by paulfusco; 03-14-2011 at 06:16 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:59 PM
TT40391

Default Sounds Good

Thanks for the official post. I plan on attending on Saturday.

Tony Turner
Old 03-03-2011, 02:42 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

I made it out last year for the first time, and it was great. I'm looking forward to it again this year.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:18 PM
Paul Fusco

Default Strongsville 2011 Ohio Sports Collectors Convention

We just updated the dealer list and the autograph guest list for the Ohio Sports Collector show at Strongsville. You can get the updated information on our website at www.ohiosportscollector.com. Thanks folks. See you at the show.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:35 PM
J0N PEDEℜSѺN

Hope the turnout is great! I plan to attend Sunday (maybe Saturday).
Old 03-31-2011, 08:42 PM
Patrick N.

Default Honest Opinion

Can anyone give me an honest opinion on this show? I'm a couple hours away but not sure the gas $ is worth it. Not interested in autographs. LMK. Want high grade vintage plus decent pre-war T205/T206 singles...
Old 04-08-2011, 08:16 PM
Jimi

Default Strongsville

I'm planning on making the trip Saturday with my 6 year old daughter. Worth it?
Old 04-08-2011, 08:25 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimivintage View Post
I'm planning on making the trip Saturday with my 6 year old daughter. Worth it?
I went last year with my dad and my two sons(5 and 6), we all had a good time. The kids were amazed by some of the great vintage stuff. My youngest was a Tribe fan from his very first game at 2 years old, all that kid thinks about is Indians..Well, that and Thomas the Train.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Jimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakjr View Post
I went last year with my dad and my two sons(5 and 6), we all had a good time. The kids were amazed by some of the great vintage stuff. My youngest was a Tribe fan from his very first game at 2 years old, all that kid thinks about is Indians..Well, that and Thomas the Train.
Very cool, David. My daughter likes the T205s and T206s, so I hope we find something to add to the collection. She has yet to go with me to a Tribe game, but she likes Grady Sizemore (so hopefully he'll be playing again soon!)
Old 04-08-2011, 08:38 PM
Andy Garden

I think it is a really fine show. I made the drive last year, and look forward to getting back tomorrow (Saturday). It isn't a very large show, but it is a throwback in the sense that it is in a hotel. Had a nice time talking with Matt and Turner Engle. I think it is definitely worth checking out.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:51 PM
Archive

Jimivintage

I'm sure you will be able to find something. I went to the show today and saw a large selection of T206s throughout the whole show.

Jantz
Old 04-09-2011, 01:29 PM
Jimi

Just got back from the Strongsville show with my daughter. Nice turn out there. I only stayed about an hour and a half because I didn't have a ton of money, and my daughter was with me (and her feet were hurting.) I picked up a couple of T205 SGC 40 commons at a good price, but there were some good items there.

I had a good conversation with "Card Country" and William Chappell of "Chappell Cards". Next year I will come with more money.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:17 PM
Matt Wieder

I'll be there tomorrow with my oldest son. I'll be the guy in the Grand Slam Bids t-shirt.

Last edited by Matt; 04-09-2011 at 07:17 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I'll be there tomorrow with my oldest son. I'll be the guy in the Grand Slam Bids t-shirt.
You're sure what time the show starts and ends, right?
Old 04-10-2011, 02:34 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Had a great time today with the kids again. Everyone was nice as hell. A few people even giving the kids freebies. Sure it was just a box of non-sports stuff, but the kids loved it. Whoever that was, if you're on this board, I want to thank you for helping make the experience that much better for the kids. Anyways, I really wish I had gotten out there either friday or saturday as some of the tables were already packed up, but there was still alot of great tables and items left, and I still ended up with a few inexpensive pickups. 1981 topps traded set, Sam McDowell signed ball, and my favorite, a 1948 Indians team pack Satchel Paige for $10. Sure it's not in the greatest condition, but so far the '48 has been somewhat elusive for me without having to buy the full set. Had a great time, can't wait 'til next year. I think I'm definitely gonna have to get up there on Friday next time.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:28 PM
Doug

Default My son and I went to the show today

Impressive selection. Several auction houses displaying their items and signing folks up. SGC and Beckett were there. Vintage cards were well represented. In fact, I felt that vintage through mid 70s were the majority.
A couple of dealers had some very high end 50-60s baseball. The people were very nice. Good times.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:29 PM
Paul Fusco

Default Strongsville Thanks

Hi folks

Just wanted to say thanks to all of the Net 54 members that came out and supported the show this year. We will continue to strive to provide you with a well run nearly all vintage show once a year. Next year's dates are tentatively April 13-15th. Depends on when the Marco's Oaks show will be held. The show was very well attended with the highest three day attendance yet since we resurrected the show 4 years ago. There was an exceptional offering of great vintage material everywhere in the show. See you next year.

Paul Fusco