NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-26-2016, 06:50 AM
E®© Eńlø

Location: Home of the 11-Time World Champion St. Louis Cardinals

It's a simple fact: eBay LOVES Battlefield0516
Battlefield0516 makes eBay lots and lots of money
Battlefield0516 sells garbage and uses altered images
eBay doesn't care about what she does to everyone
eBay removes negative feedback so you can't see what a scammer she is
eBay lets her still sell even though she lies and cheats customers
eBay receives hundreds of complaints about Battlefield0516 every month
The biggest scammer on eBay is Battlefield0516 and DOES EBAY CARE?

MAYBE YOU CAN FIGURE OUT A RECURRING THEME HERE

Bottom line: eBay cares about $$$$$$$ and that's it - period.
Old 12-29-2016, 10:20 AM

Okay, we all know she photoshops her cards. If this is the best she can do with this cards - what do you think it looks like in real life?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/132047875225...MakeTrack=true

I'm almost tempted to buy it just to see how bad it truly is. Almost.

Cheers,
Patrick

Ps - the description is priceless "This card is in nice condition for its age! It is 100% authentic & unaltered! This card has light to moderate corner wear, near perfect centering, beautiful color, good eye appeal, several creases, and some staining, paper loss, and pen marks on the front & back of the card. There are no pinholes or any damage of that kind."

Umm ... pen marks make it altered, right? And good eye appeal with "several creases and some staining, paper loss and pen marks on front & back"? At least there are "no pinholes or any damage of that kind."

Last edited by SMPEP; 12-29-2016 at 10:31 AM.
Old 12-29-2016, 10:28 AM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Lol the description should say pack fresh hahahaha😂😂😂😂
Old 12-31-2016, 10:22 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Lots of high end, raw cards up for grabs soon. Get your bids in so you can hope for a return. Ruth, Cobb, Aaron, Gibson.....they are all there (again)....

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?item=...ld0516&_sop=16

Old 12-31-2016, 10:50 AM
Sam Sw@rtz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Lots of high end, raw cards up for grabs soon. Get your bids in so you can hope for a return. Ruth, Cobb, Aaron, Gibson.....they are all there (again)....

Ebay should have a per listing fee for the use of adjectives and exclamation marks.
Old 12-31-2016, 12:33 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:

Just read a few of her neutral and negative feedback, which has increased, btw, and noticed in a couple where E-Bay had to get involved.

I don't read her reviews diligently by any stretch, but I don't recall reading these before where E-Bay got involved? Hopefully, which is likely wishful thinking, this is the start of the end for her!
Old 12-31-2016, 02:30 PM
Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
I don't read her reviews diligently by any stretch, but I don't recall reading these before where E-Bay got involved? Hopefully, which is likely wishful thinking, this is the start of the end for her!

Their feedback rating is 97.7%. I think if a seller falls below 98% the ebay seller fee discounts go away. So, the negatives probably are hurting them to some degree.
Old 01-03-2017, 09:08 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Yeap, I think the fees go up, or discounts go down, with bad feedback. These people will get their just dues. Karma is a MO- FO ....

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?item=...=16&rmvSB=true

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarBear View Post
Their feedback rating is 97.7%. I think if a seller falls below 98% the ebay seller fee discounts go away. So, the negatives probably are hurting them to some degree.
Old 01-03-2017, 11:39 AM
Jeff Lowe

Default Karma for sure !

Time wounds all heels .
Old 01-04-2017, 11:24 AM
Phillip Abbott
Banned

It may be worth noting that this is the user account that the Young card was bought under from PWCC:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d..._None_ViewLink

It is not the same account that they sell under and I wanted to post it before the listing is removed.

I wonder if this user has inflated any of their auction prices.

Last edited by PhillipAbbott79; 01-04-2017 at 11:24 AM.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:25 PM
John Hanssen

You mean this one! Nice crack out and sold as unaltered
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (17.1 KB, 892 views)
Old 01-04-2017, 01:27 PM
John Hanssen

oh the write up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (18.8 KB, 884 views)
Old 01-04-2017, 01:39 PM
Phillip Abbott
Banned

I just checked the comments and it appears as though someone is recommending calling the police in their location. Do you think local law enforcement has any ability to do something about the problem?
Old 01-06-2017, 06:42 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipAbbott79 View Post
I just checked the comments and it appears as though someone is recommending calling the police in their location. Do you think local law enforcement has any ability to do something about the problem?
I believe someone that this seller defrauds has a chance of getting their own law enforcement involved as, generally speaking, it is local law enforcement that is supposed to protect you. We can only hope so. I have spoken with authorities about them but I am not a victim and the authorities I spoke with aren't the perfect ones to help.....
Old 01-07-2017, 06:46 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
I was just going to post that. I also noticed her % went down again. Hopefully those that phone the police have good luck.

Negative feedback rating DISGRACEFUL! SOLD CREASED AARON RC MULTIPLE TIMES, DENIED KNOWING - LOOK IT UP! Buyer: c***r ( 1001Red star icon for feedback score in between 1,000 to 4,999) During past month Feedback conversation
HANK AARON 1954 TOPPS #128 - RC - MILWAUKEE BRAVES - BREATHTAKING!!! SHARP!!! (#132026823580) US $2,034.00 View Item
Negative feedback rating Card came back as trimmed from PSA. Seller is pawning off altered cards NM + Buyer: t***c ( 1144Red star icon for feedback score in between 1,000 to 4,999) During past month Feedback conversation
HARRY HINCHMAN 1909-11 T206 #214 - TOLEDO - NRMINT+ STUNNING!!! (#132015013085) US $113.50 View Item
Negative feedback rating Photoshop Stain Removed. Pure Fraud. Calling Police in Dothan AL. DO THE SAME. Buyer: g***e ( 304Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499) During past month Feedback conversation
Reply by battlefield0516 (Jan-04-17 08:45):
Card is professionally graded a 1 by PSA and was delivered exactly as pictured.
TY COBB (PORTRAIT RED) 1909-11 T206 #98 - DETROIT TIGERS - PSA 1 - MUST SEE!!! (#132018141441) US $744.00 View Item
Negative feedback rating Trimmed Card. Pure Fraud. Calling Police in Dothan AL to report. DO THE SAME. Buyer: g***e ( 304Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499) During past month Feedback conversation
Reply by battlefield0516 (Jan-04-17 08:47):
Card has NEVER been professionally graded by myself or the buyer. This is false.
CY YOUNG (GLOVE SHOWS) 1909-11 T206 #525 - INDIANS - BREATHTAKING!!! SHARP!!! (#391638255190) US $922.09 View Item
Negative feedback rating Doctored Image. Giant Crease. Pure Fraud. Calling Police in Dothan AL to report. Buyer: g***e ( 304Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499) During past month Feedback conversation
Reply by battlefield0516 (Jan-04-17 08:46):
Card is professionally graded a 3 by BVG & crease was described in auction text.
TY COBB (PORTRAIT GREEN) 1909-11 T206 #97 - TIGERS - BVG 3 - VERY GOOD!!! (#391638258548) US $1,902.77 View Item
Old 01-07-2017, 07:29 PM
And.rew Fin.kel.man

Quote:
I believe someone that this seller defrauds has a chance of getting their own law enforcement involved as, generally speaking, it is local law enforcement that is supposed to protect you. We can only hope so. I have spoken with authorities about them but I am not a victim and the authorities I spoke with aren't the perfect ones to help.....
If I'm not mistaken, investigating a criminal act such as fraudulently representing an item for sale in eBay, would involve federal criminal code (interstate commerce), and would therefore be the jurisdiction of the FBI or another federal LE agency. Local LE might be the right place to start, though, as they would be able to make the necessary notifications.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:55 PM
Ed Woelfle

Default Fraud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew1975 View Post
If I'm not mistaken, investigating a criminal act such as fraudulently representing an item for sale in eBay, would involve federal criminal code (interstate commerce), and would therefore be the jurisdiction of the FBI or another federal LE agency. Local LE might be the right place to start, though, as they would be able to make the necessary notifications.
Isn't it a shame that we talk about local law enforcement getting involved, the FBI, other federal protection agencies, etc. - and the one entity it should start with - eBay - doesn't do a damn thing about it.
Old 01-09-2017, 03:25 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Eventually they might but this seller also sells a lot so ebay probably doesn't want to lose the revenue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwolf1963 View Post
Isn't it a shame that we talk about local law enforcement getting involved, the FBI, other federal protection agencies, etc. - and the one entity it should start with - eBay - doesn't do a damn thing about it.
Old 01-09-2017, 03:35 PM
Phillip Abbott
Banned

I believe that they chalk it up to margin of error. "The seller has a 98.5 percent satisfaction rate, and the 1.5 percent that are not satisfied ave issues which are generally solved quickly and without a hassle from the seller, so there isn't any point in looking to see if some of these negative claims are actually happening. With high volume there are always going to be some people that are not satisfied."

It just happens to be all of the high dollar cards.

In speaking with some other people, it appears that the seller claims that the description is accurate. For instance, a card may have a crease. The image does not show the crease, but the description says "light creasing" so there is no harm done. The description was accurate.

Now the buyer looks at the image which almost always does more justice than a description and thinks "OK. Light creasing. I can't see the crease. Man this is a nice card. I think I will buy it."

Last edited by PhillipAbbott79; 01-09-2017 at 03:36 PM.
Old 01-09-2017, 03:53 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

I've been noticing with a few sellers, their negs have been disappearing.

As well as this new "Revised Feedback: 122" battlefield has

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 01-09-2017, 06:39 PM
Phillip Abbott
Banned

Marrying two threads together, since PWCC seems to have some influence with Ebay, and claims to be a conduit, perhaps they can assist in ridding Ebay of this person or at least getting an official response to the problem that can be shared?

Last edited by PhillipAbbott79; 01-09-2017 at 06:40 PM.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:05 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 02-18-2017, 07:38 AM
Phillip Abbott
Banned

It appears that now they are at least putting in their auction description that their cards may be trimmed. Finally, they are waking up to the reality that a full court press about their illegal actions may have repercussions.
Old 02-18-2017, 02:52 PM

Default Con artist that Ebay is well aware of

I purchased two t206 cards as nm+-mt

I sent both into psa and both came back as trimmed.
She never responded to my messages and took almost 2 months for Ebay to refund me. I was never refunded the money to have them graded. A couple weeks later she re listed the same 2 cards I bought again as nm+-mt and sold them to the next guy
Old 02-18-2017, 02:57 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcitybaseball View Post
I purchased two t206 cards as nm+-mt

I sent both into psa and both came back as trimmed.
She never responded to my messages and took almost 2 months for Ebay to refund me. I was never refunded the money to have them graded. A couple weeks later she re listed the same 2 cards I bought again as nm+-mt and sold them to the next guy
Please read the bold letters at the top of each page that says if you give an opinion your full name needs to be in your post. After this one please make sure you adhere to it (as everyone should). Since it's just battlefield we can turn a blind eye on this one . They deserve to be piled on.
Old 02-18-2017, 03:08 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Please read the bold letters at the top of each page that says if you give an opinion your full name needs to be in your post. After this one please make sure you adhere to it (as everyone should). Since it's just battlefield we can turn a blind eye on this one . They deserve to be piled on.
One could argue he offered no opinions.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 02-18-2017, 03:45 PM
Phillip Abbott
Banned

Yes. It appears more of a historical account of what happened to him than an opinion.
Old 02-18-2017, 04:02 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Yes. It appears more of a historical account of what happened to him than an opinion.
He is making accusations. I won't get into semantecs and if I need to I just go to our rules page and pull this puppy off of there, which has been posted for years...

**Since there are an unlimited amount of unforeseeable issues that can arise on the board, the moderator may make any decision he feels is in the best interest of Net54baseball, regardless of any written or oral rules.

and I should mention that my litmus test for the name rule is if something being said was about me would I want to know who said it? I have a low threshold of wanting to know too. Same rules for everyone in this respect. All board members, and others, should get to know who is saying something about them when it is said on this chat board, imo.

Last edited by Leon; 02-18-2017 at 04:22 PM.
Old 02-18-2017, 04:04 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
So what does this all mean pertaining Probstein (AKA Mr. Big)? It seems like we have been singing this song for quite a while, but I would love to hear a fresh perspective...How has he wiped out 100's of negative feed backs and got away with it?

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 02-18-2017 at 04:06 PM.
Old 02-18-2017, 04:06 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 View Post
So what does this all mean pertaining Probstein (AKA Mr. Big)? It seems like we have been singing this song for quite a while, but I would love to hear a fresh perspective...How has he wiped out 100's of negative feed backs and get away with it?
Are you posting in the wrong thread?
Old 02-18-2017, 04:19 PM
Scott Russell

Just playing Devil's advocate Leon, not in any way giving you grief.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

Old 02-18-2017, 04:24 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Just playing Devil's advocate Leon, not in any way giving you grief.
No worries, in all of the years the rule has been there it has probably been invoked 1-2x. It just has to be there, trust me .
Old 02-26-2017, 10:36 AM
D@le Irv*n

Just scrolling through E-Bay looking at 52 Topps cards and I notice, none other, than battle-hatchet with a new pile of them.
Of course, everyone looks to be in gem-mint 10 condition so I decide to write her this.
Not sure if I'll get a reply, but I am hoping so, just so I can read it and share it here.

Dear battlefield0516,

Based on your feedback, can you please send me the real pics/scans of this card.
I don't want to purchase it only to find out, like so many others of yours, that your pic has been doctored.

Thanks for your understanding.

GIL COAN 1952 TOPPS #291 - SP - WASHINGTON SENATORS - PHENOMENAL!!! SHARP!!!

GIL COAN 1952 TOPPS #291 - SP - WA
Current Bid: US $1.25
Auction ends Feb 28, 2017 00:48 EST
Bids: 2

Place bid

Last edited by irv; 02-26-2017 at 10:37 AM.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:49 AM
Joh.n Spen.cer

I keep wondering where her "wonderful" raw cards come from, unsuspecting old-time collectors enticed by her high offers, or more likely possibly buying Authentic graded cards, breaking them out them and then putting them up for auction with mucho hyperbole and possibly 'photo shopped as well. She is clearly a volume dealer and Ebay obviously appreciates that.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:55 AM
Ryan Waggoner

Quote:
Just scrolling through E-Bay looking at 52 Topps cards and I notice, none other, than battle-hatchet with a new pile of them.
Of course, everyone looks to be in gem-mint 10 condition so I decide to write her this.
Not sure if I'll get a reply, but I am hoping so, just so I can read it and share it here.

Dear battlefield0516,

Based on your feedback, can you please send me the real pics/scans of this card.
I don't want to purchase it only to find out, like so many others of yours, that your pic has been doctored.

Thanks for your understanding.

GIL COAN 1952 TOPPS #291 - SP - WASHINGTON SENATORS - PHENOMENAL!!! SHARP!!!

GIL COAN 1952 TOPPS #291 - SP - WA
Current Bid: US $1.25
Auction ends Feb 28, 2017 00:48 EST
Bids: 2

Place bid
I would be shocked if you got a reply. Battlefield is famous for not responding to messages.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:59 AM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNightmanCometh View Post
I would be shocked if you got a reply. Battlefield is famous for not responding to messages.
Plus the fact that it might be naïve to think she doesn't read this thread.
Old 02-26-2017, 12:12 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Me too, but I thought with it being Sunday and all, and with her being the Angelic type we have all grown to love, I thought maybe she'd bestow a reply upon me?
Old 02-26-2017, 04:36 PM
Ryan Waggoner

Quote:
Me too, but I thought with it being Sunday and all, and with her being the Angelic type we have all grown to love, I thought maybe she'd bestow a reply upon me?
LOL, well, please let us know if she does.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:58 PM
Orlando Rodriguez

Look at this gorgeous card! Currently at $1,636 with 26 bids.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FFA677D6-BEE1-46C9-9054-ED8B8298E056.jpg (64.8 KB, 474 views)

Last edited by orly57; 02-27-2017 at 01:34 PM.
Old 02-27-2017, 01:33 PM
Scott Russell

one of the prettiest photoshops I've ever seen...

Old 02-27-2017, 01:44 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Colors are insane. . . . .
Old 02-27-2017, 01:50 PM
Orlando Rodriguez

Well, it is slightly off-centered, so it's probably like an 8.5.
Old 02-27-2017, 06:14 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
LOL, well, please let us know if she does.
No reply yet, but as was mentioned in a PM, there is a good chance I am now blocked?
It will be tough sleeping tonight, for sure!

Quote:
I don't know the first thing about photoshopping, or how hard it is to do, but I will give her that. She is definitely good at it.
Old 02-27-2017, 06:20 PM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
I don't know the first thing about photoshopping, or how hard it is to do, but I will give her that. She is definitely good at it.
Photoshop is a piece of cake! You just scan the cards, set the photoshop dial to "PSA-10", and you're good to go!

Of course, unless you're at a 10 and want to give it that little extra gloss. Then set it to 11.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:20 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I think you are correct, in that since these are internet type crimes, they can have a federal jurisdiction. But local law enforcement is the place to start (and usually finish) with this type of crime. My only hope is that Battlefield is so pervasive the Feds would take a look. For them to get really involved there needs to be something worth their time, quite honestly. Generally a smaller ebay seller won't meet the FBI threshold for taking a case, from my informal, layperson understanding. And only 203 current chances at fraud here
http://www.ebay.com/sch/Battlefield0..._sop=10&_rdc=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew1975 View Post
Old 02-28-2017, 09:21 AM
pete ullman

I wonder if battlefield were a banner advertiser they'd get this much attention?
Old 02-28-2017, 09:27 AM
Phillip Abbott
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
I wonder if battlefield were a banner advertiser they'd get this much attention?
"would they?"

Last edited by PhillipAbbott79; 02-28-2017 at 09:27 AM.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:35 AM
pete ullman

Quote:
"would they?"
or if their behavior would just be dismissed with a chuckle and a smiley face like others.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:42 AM
Ben North

Quote:
or if their behavior would just be dismissed with a chuckle and a smiley face like others.
Obviously this.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:48 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

ignorance is bliss....
Quote: