NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-14-2009, 06:35 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Museum - WHO IS THE AUTHOR????

Posted By: dan mckee

Does anyone have any clue who the author of the T206 Museum is?? There are several statements that are in error and I have written and he corrects some but others he ignores. He writes me back but I can't get a name out of him or an address.

WHY THE SECRECY??

The site is great but wouldn't you want it as accurate as possible?

Here is one statement that is completely wrong:

"These brown Old Mill Southern Leagues backs are just a recent found in the early 2000's, they are still not fully recognised by most collectors. "

The Brown Old Mill back has been known for 30 years in the Baltimore/Washington area amongst T206 collectors.

Dan.

Old 04-14-2009, 06:46 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

Dan, I don't think you're going to get an answer for this.

No matter how many times you post it. wink.gif

Old 04-14-2009, 07:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tim Cathey

I'm still leaning towards the x-wife. happy.gif

Old 04-15-2009, 08:44 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Alan

It's a guy(s) with a name or abreviation of "Karr". Here is what he once wrote:

BEGINNING OF QUOTE:

All!!!!

People used to say silence is golden and most of my team members agree to that but I feel that I have to step up and speak for my team.

Actually, it is interesting to see sellers and people on this board have two
faces. I don't want to mention names here, but members in this forum ask us questions multiple times and we helped them out and they were all happy afterwards. But when they requested some tasks that we refused to do then they would get mad and become nasty and frighten us to ruin our reputations and hack into our site. (That's the main reason why our message board is no longer available) The following are just some of the examples what we refused to do, you can be the judge. (e.g. display their not-so unusual cards on our site, display articles of their "huge" $500 private purchase, modify our checklist to include t206 variations that they have, replace scans that we already
have with their scans...etc)

In addition, we have never asked collectors straight up to sell us their
cards when they email us. We asked when they are looking for buyers, have intention to sell or ask us how much we are willing to pay for their cards (Yes, we always reply "How much are you looking for?" Isn't that the same response you would get when you try to sell your cards at the show?? May be that's where the confusion and misunderstanding come from). We have a list of collectors (not our team members) who are actively seeking for unusual t206s and we figure we might able to help both sides if some people are willing to buy and some are willing to sell. All we have been trying is to help collectors? But seems like people here have bias on t206museum.com and don't consider us among you guys. In fact, a few people in my team are frequent visitors and active posters here but they prefer to remain silent and avoid all unnecessary offensive attacks.

Regarding to the main concern, we have decided to remain anonymous because we are also collectors and we don't want people to track what we are buying on eBay and major auctions. We know some people constantly checking what others' bidding on then they
won't miss any good deals and at the same time they don't need to waste time checking every vintage auction listings. Everyone hopes to buy stuffs at the lowest price, if we have done our homeworks why would I let you get them for free and give you a chance to snipe us???

Another reason we prefer to remain anonymous is because we don't want to receive questions in our personal email account since we have a central repository storing all the emails and we take turn answering emails everyday. We receive ~10 to 15 questions everyday, it is a lot of work for us who don't get pay for doing these. We update and have articles on our site based on what collectors' concerns and interested in therefore a central repository is needed for providing suitable information
to my visitors.

That's it for now. If you have further comments, please email us at
faq@t206museum.com

END OF QUOTE

Old 04-15-2009, 09:05 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Shawn Chambers

Lol...that's an awful lot of "we's" for it to NOT be the Bruces!!

Shawn

Old 04-15-2009, 09:33 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bottom of the Ninth

Several years ago one of them contacted me to buy a card that I had sold on ebay well after the auction had ended. The ebay id is t206museum, still has only 8 feedback, and the email address was sleeves@t206museum.com. "Sleeves" was an utter a hole.

Greg

Old 04-15-2009, 11:05 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott B.

>>> Lol...that's an awful lot of "we's" for it to NOT be the Bruces!!

Have to ask how many x-wives does Dan has. happy.gif

Old 04-16-2009, 04:37 AM
Administrator

Posted By: dan mckee

Very fair question indded: 1 X and 1 current. But I am always open for a 3rd if Hally Berry is asking.

Their entire team remains anonymous????

Their is a team and know one knows these experts?

Pay very close attention to this unfolding story.