NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Old 11-17-2016, 12:13 PM
Robert D. Hysell

Angry Talk, about junk cards?

What about all of those {UV} coated cards, from the years of 1994 to around 2004 years? I have so many sets ,that are stuck together like bricks,now?Have you ever tried to pull them apart,they are junk?Just like other recalls, shoudn"t
these card companies be held accountable?For this reason, I do not collect new cards anymore! I'v been collecting for over 40 + years,now?Would like to have your thoughts on these {JUNK} years cards?Thanks for reading & your replies,ROBERT.

Last edited by hysell; 01-04-2020 at 07:36 PM.
Old 11-17-2016, 12:21 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysell View Post
What about all of those {UV} coated cards, from the years of 1994 to around 2004 years? I have some many sets ,that are stuck together like bricks,now?Have you ever tried to pull them apart,they are junk?Just like other recalls,shoundn"t these card companies be held accountable?For this reason, I do not collect new cards anymore! I'v been collecting for over 40 + years,now?Would like to have your thoughts on these {JUNK} years cards?Thanks for reading & your replies,ROBERT.
Throw them in the freezer and they will easily pop apart.
Old 12-16-2016, 09:23 AM
Adam

After 1992 or so, many of the cards that I have in old cardboard boxes are stuck together. Some sets are worse offenders than others. The shift from standard stock cardboard cards to those with a glossy veneer has proven to be a short-sighted decision. I don't have enough of the 80s Tiffany sets to see if the stickiness is an issue with them, although only the fronts of those are glosssy, not the backs, so I imagine there wouldn't be a problem with them.

I'll have to try the freezer trick with some of them to see if that will work. Has anyone else tried that or have a different method for unsticking the glossy 90s cards?
Old 12-16-2016, 02:57 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Freezer is the standard trick. I actually bought a complete set of 1992 Classic 4Sport Gold which was stuck together, just pulled it apart by hand, and the Jeter graded a PSA 9. So it's kind of luck of the draw.
And really? Claiming malpractice or needing a warranty after 15-20 years? That's pretty funny. Long past the time to return the items or claim damages due to negligence, and they're stuck together normally from being left in non-climate controlled garages and attics and storage sheds.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 12-18-2016, 10:57 AM
Robert D. Hysell

Exclamation Sorry,John!

Johnny,I have {never } left my UV junk cards in a garage,attic or anytype of a storage units of any kind! Try my home I live in! Here In Missouri, we have big temp"s swings! It can hit over 100 ,in the summer times ,with humid air that can hit 70 to 90%.It also goes to under 15 to 20 below {0} ,in the winter time,in fact the Chiefs game in K.C. will set a all-time record for a high temp for a game ,today!So it is the card companies fault, not mine!Robert D.Hysell!!!!!!!
Old 12-18-2016, 04:01 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysell View Post
Johnny,I have {never } left my UV junk cards in a garage,attic or anytype of a storage units of any kind! Try my home I live in! Here In Missouri, we have big temp"s swings! It can hit over 100 ,in the summer times ,with humid air that can hit 70 to 90%.It also goes to under 15 to 20 below {0} ,in the winter time,in fact the Chiefs game in K.C. will set a all-time record for a high temp for a game ,today!So it is the card companies fault, not mine!Robert D.Hysell!!!!!!!
Must be nice living in a multi-million dollar climate controlled house. What do you keep the humidity and temperature levels set at?

I worked at Whiteman AFB so I understand the extreme humidity and temperature changes you are describing. So us mere mortals with normal homes have huge differences in both humidity and temperature inside that also cause these cards to stick together. It is nobodys fault, it is part of life. Now if you decide to sue the card companies please let us know how it goes.
Old 12-18-2016, 07:32 PM
Robert D. Hysell

Exclamation Thanks!

Thank you Ben & 2004 is not 15 to 20 years old? IF it was a air-bag or other recalls,Guess those people have the right to have it fixed & I get the safety thing?So maybe we collectors have not paid enough money out for worthless products? I have heard the penny sleeves & single in pages thing,but they still stick! So we do not have the right to put cards in a set box? I like a bunch, of us {card collectors} work hard for my money too,by the way ,that"s when pack prices went from .50 to .60 cents a pack, up to the $1.00 a pack for the base sets cards,thank GOD I didn"t fall for the Stadium Club higher end cards!But the pitchers on those high end cards are nice!For the law suite thing, I think a bunch of us card collectors should be in on that part?Just my thoughts!Thanks for your reply good or bad.Robert D.Hysell.