NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Old 12-15-2017, 04:42 AM
Jim Boushley
Jim Bou.shley

Default Need some help id'ing set

I didn't know where else to post this question.

A friend sent me a set of mini cards - "Baseball Caramels mfg by American Caramel " 2016 World Series Champions Chicago Cubs. Was this done by Topps or someone else. I don't know a lot about the new cards and any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Jim
Old 12-16-2017, 03:39 PM
Ed Hutchinson

Doing some research, will let you know if I Can figure them out

Ed
Old 12-16-2017, 07:52 PM
Jim Boushley
Jim Bou.shley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_Hutchinson View Post
Doing some research, will let you know if I Can figure them out

Ed
Ed,

Thanks. I am not familiar with the new stuff very much but I came up blank when I tried to research it - but have to admit I didn't try real hard
Old 12-17-2017, 10:13 AM
Ed Hutchinson

SO it isnt issued by any of the major companies, its not an insert set, and its not a stadium giveaway. I have it narrowed down to: Maybe something given away in Chicago during the National this year- or it was a product produced to be placed in retail packages. Target and Walmart sometimes have boxes of stuff with a guaranteed auto/gu, some packs, and "unique retail items" so this might be one of those. Im still looking but they dont seem to be particularly common or particularly valuable...

Ed
Old 12-17-2017, 11:12 AM
Jim Boushley
Jim Bou.shley

Ed,

Thanks. The fellow who sent this set to me was determined to get a Cub set of everything produced in 2016 so maybe this was from a Walmart or Target product. I will check to see if I can find anything like that on line. Appreciate your continuing efforts.

Jim
Old 12-18-2017, 05:10 AM
Archive

I'm not so sure about the Walmart or Target theory. I hit those stores pretty hard for modern cards and never seen them before. I would have bought a set if I had. Now I could be wrong, but I don't recall ever seeing them at any retailer in Ohio. Possibly a regional thing.

With that said, I found these in about a minute's time on Ebay. No mention of the manufacturer in any of the live or sold auctions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cubs WS set.jpg (81.3 KB, 165 views)
Old 12-18-2017, 05:54 AM
Jim Boushley
Jim Bou.shley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantz View Post
I'm not so sure about the Walmart or Target theory. I hit those stores pretty hard for modern cards and never seen them before. I would have bought a set if I had. Now I could be wrong, but I don't recall ever seeing them at any retailer in Ohio. Possibly a regional thing.

With that said, I found these in about a minute's time on Ebay. No mention of the manufacturer in any of the live or sold auctions.
Jantz, Thanks. I did see these on Ebay also yesterday and sent a note to the seller asking him where they came from. Maybe he will respond. Appreciate it.

Jim
Old 12-18-2017, 06:14 AM
Jim Boushley
Jim Bou.shley

Just heard back from the seller of these cards who said:
"Have no idea"

The mystery continues.
Old 12-19-2017, 05:55 PM
Curt

Might be custom card?

Seems similar to Helmar issues of the past.

Those customs are becoming more and more commonplace and the quality is improving greatly. Imagine if the broder cards of the 70s-90s were of today's quality!
Old 12-19-2017, 06:02 PM
Jim Boushley
Jim Bou.shley

Very possible, familiar with Helmar issues. I figure maybe some Chicago company issued it. The quality is excellent and I remember when Broder was considered an illegitimate card issue and books would refuse to list them.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmopar View Post
Might be custom card?

Seems similar to Helmar issues of the past.

Those customs are becoming more and more commonplace and the quality is improving greatly. Imagine if the broder cards of the 70s-90s were of today's quality!
Old 12-24-2017, 09:30 AM
Jim Boushley
Jim Bou.shley

Have heard back from Trey Treutel from Cardboard Connection who didn't know but gave me two links to EBay sellers who had sets to sell. One has not responded yet (from the 21st) and the second responded today that he didn't know and wanted to know why I asked. I told him I just like to know who produced cards I have and have had no success in finding out who made these.
Old 12-27-2017, 06:28 PM
Jim Boushley
Jim Bou.shley

Anyone else have any ideas?
Old 12-28-2017, 08:33 AM
Arthur R!ch

Can't help but that's a really nice looking set. You would think the creator would want to get their name out there, you know, with that type of quality and all. Unless it's not licensed by MLB.

Arthur

Successful transactions with Burger King, Amazon, Great Cuts, Tacos Villa Corona, TJ Maxx
Old 12-28-2017, 09:41 AM
Jim Boushley
Jim Bou.shley

I agree and I don't understand why the, at least three that I asked, sellers didn't know where they came from. Maybe they were afraid of Ebay doing something if they weren't licensed?