NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 11-30-2012, 03:25 PM
Tracy

Default Autograph Legends llc Florida

Does anybody know anything about the company Autograph legends llc out of Margate Florida? Any information on legitimacy of the company and/or of their COA's would be very helpful. Thanks in advance!
Old 11-30-2012, 03:54 PM
Christopher Williams

Here is one of their "masterpieces." Thousands of this garbage comes from them.

berry-2.jpg

berry-3.jpg
Old 11-30-2012, 04:04 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Thanks Chris....I spoke with Tracy on the phone a little while ago. She has a really, really strange story too . She runs a small auction company and got a box without any advance notice, with many things like this in it. She can't get a hold of who sent it, email, phone or otherwise and has never spoken to them. That being said they were nice enough to mark a slip with the shipment "20% commission" . They even made up their own terms. Wasn't that nice of them?
Old 11-30-2012, 04:39 PM
Christopher Williams

You're welcome, Leon.

As a matter of fact, all of the below COAs are "related."

apl-3.JPG

barb-3.jpg

berry-3.jpg

bulger-3.jpg
Old 11-30-2012, 04:41 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Thanks Chris....I spoke with Tracy on the phone a little while ago. She has a really, really strange story too . She runs a small auction company and got a box without any advance notice, with many things like this in it. She can't get a hold of who sent it, email, phone or otherwise and has never spoken to them. That being said they were nice enough to mark a slip with the shipment "20% commission" . They even made up their own terms. Wasn't that nice of them?
"We" know who "They" are.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:39 PM
Tracy

Default Thanks for the heads up!

Hey guys,
Thanks so much for all the info! I have the same items in the pictures sitting on my desk, no joke. Thank Goodness I found this forum because I obviously do not want to contribute to releasing more forgery and fake sport's memorbilia into the market, knowingly or otherwise, and there is very little info on the company any where on the net ( that I could find). Next question... What do I do with the stuff now? I really don't feel like I should have to pay to ship the crap back sense it was completely unsolicitated, as a matter of fact I have still have never been able to talk to any one from "autograph Legends" or from the website they list www.carlsstore.com. The package literally just showed up with a very basic packing list, I didn't even have to sign for it. Red flags all the way through this for sure so again Thank You so much for confirming my suspecions!
Old 11-30-2012, 06:48 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by firet208 View Post
Hey guys,
Thanks so much for all the info! I have the same items in the pictures sitting on my desk, no joke. Thank Goodness I found this forum because I obviously do not want to contribute to releasing more forgery and fake sport's memorbilia into the market, knowingly or otherwise, and there is very little info on the company any where on the net ( that I could find). Next question... What do I do with the stuff now? I really don't feel like I should have to pay to ship the crap back sense it was completely unsolicitated, as a matter of fact I have still have never been able to talk to any one from "autograph Legends" or from the website they list www.carlsstore.com. The package literally just showed up with a very basic packing list, I didn't even have to sign for it. Red flags all the way through this for sure so again Thank You so much for confirming my suspecions!

I sent you an email about something.....
Old 11-30-2012, 07:04 PM
qu@n nguy3n

makes good burning material for the winter.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:09 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Hey guys,
This is where that package came from:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=151493
Old 11-30-2012, 07:21 PM
Tracy

Quote:
I sent you an email about something.....
Did you send it to my work email? If so I will check it in the morning.
Thanks for all the advice I have gotten thus far, very educational.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:25 PM
qu@n nguy3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post

people talk about "cold calling" to drum up business. these guys are taking it to the next step by just cold-dropping off these packages at small, local auctions. kinda interesting to see their distribution model.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:30 PM
Tracy

Quote:

Thanks for all your help! I wish this link came up when you search for info on that company, I'm sure it would help a lot of other people too. When you do search "Autograph legends llc" only a ton of listings from other auction houses come up. That is what I find really disturbing, most auction houses appear to be blindly listing this crap! Thats crazy!
Old 11-30-2012, 07:34 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Thanks for all your help! I wish this link came up when you search for info on that company, I'm sure it would help a lot of other people too. When you do search "Autograph legends llc" only a ton of listings from other auction houses come up. That is what I find really disturbing, most auction houses appear to be blindly listing this crap! Thats crazy!
It's unfortunate, but that garbage has been listed and sold at hundreds of local auction houses, charity events, etc.

The "CSC Collectibles" COA is on Ebay's Banned COA list. When that crap is listed on Ebay and "reported," it gets removed.

The distribution of that garbage (forgeries) is far reaching and almost beyond comprehension.

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 11-30-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:47 PM
Tracy

Quote:
It's unfortunate, but that garbage has been listed and sold at hundreds of local auction houses, charity events, etc.

The "CSC Collectibles" COA is on Ebay's Banned COA list. When that crap is listed on Ebay and "reported," it gets removed.

The distribution of that garbage (forgeries) is far reaching and almost beyond comprehension.
That's even worse then I thought! It appears the game has been played for a while, they just keep changing the players names. I usually only deal with autographs on trading cards, but luckily I know enough that I saw about ten red flags before I even got through the box. It just got more strange from there, the strangest and probably the most comical is there was also two random items in the box; a 1980's Dukes of Hazard watch, and my favorite item is what they called a " Vintage, Circa 1950's, lucky penny keychain", only problem is the penny was dated 1964. Comedy
Old 11-30-2012, 08:44 PM
Steve Zarelli

Quote:
next question... What do I do with the stuff now? I really don't feel like I should have to pay to ship the crap back sense it was completely unsolicitated,
Destroy it. It's counterfeit material.

Last edited by Mr. Zipper; 11-30-2012 at 08:45 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:46 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
That's even worse then I thought! It appears the game has been played for a while, they just keep changing the players names. I usually only deal with autographs on trading cards, but luckily I know enough that I saw about ten red flags before I even got through the box. It just got more strange from there, the strangest and probably the most comical is there was also two random items in the box; a 1980's Dukes of Hazard watch, and my favorite item is what they called a " Vintage, Circa 1950's, lucky penny keychain", only problem is the penny was dated 1964. Comedy

That reminds me of a person that used to post on our board. He touted a "great" authenticator and showed a US Currency bill that had a Babe Ruth signature on it which his guy authenticated. The bill was put out/dated in 1954, Ruth passed away in 1948.

Last edited by Leon; 11-30-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:04 PM
Tracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper View Post
Destroy it. It's counterfeit material.
That is my first instinct too! I just want to make sure that in no way that can negatively effect me. I don't want to end up with the company wanting it back and I no longer have it type of scenario. I just am not familiar with and need to look into the laws of conterfeit when it pertains to someone in my situation. Do you, or anyone else for that matter, have any specific knowledge on how to legally handle disposal of counterfeit sport's memorbilia?
Old 11-30-2012, 09:05 PM
Tracy

Quote:
That reminds me of a person that used to post on our board. He touted a "great" authenticator and showed a US Currency bill that had a Babe Ruth signature on it which his guy authenticated. The bill was put out/dated in 1954, Ruth passed away in 1948.
That's pretty comical too!
Old 11-30-2012, 09:32 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
That is my first instinct too! I just want to make sure that in no way that can negatively effect me. I don't want to end up with the company wanting it back and I no longer have it type of scenario. I just am not familiar with and need to look into the laws of conterfeit when it pertains to someone in my situation. Do you, or anyone else for that matter, have any specific knowledge on how to legally handle disposal of counterfeit sport's memorbilia?

I'd reach out to the FBI agents who brought down the Marinos in Operation Bullpen, or the guys who tore through the National a couple years ago. I'm sure their names are in the forum somewhere.

Ken
Old 11-30-2012, 10:18 PM
John Smithwick

Stick the package in your closet and forget about it until the consignor contacts you. Don't destroy them because you don't own them.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:34 PM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
Does anybody know anything about the company Autograph legends llc out of Margate Florida? Any information on legitimacy of the company and/or of their COA's would be very helpful. Thanks in advance!
Here is Mark's (Calsstore) phone #770-355-9400. I have his home phone if you'd like it. I doubt they are from him, but they definately originated from him. Were they shipped from GA? Here's a pic of him ostensibly pre-crook:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2443_1100020784542_2686616_n.jpg (44.5 KB, 494 views)

Last edited by Deertick; 11-30-2012 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Name added: Jim M.arinari
Old 11-30-2012, 11:27 PM
James Wymer

Coming from a fellow auctioneer it is refreshing that you are not interested in selling this stuff. Thanks for being part of the solution and not a continuation of the problem. I would just store the box and make them pay to get it back if they contact you. You have no right to destroy the items. Chris would know better than I, but I am not sure if I have seen anything authentic come from Margate.
Always accepting quality consignments
Old 12-01-2012, 12:53 AM

You don't have to do anything with it if it was sent unsolicited. At the least, you can wait for them to pay the return postage. Their issue not yours.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:40 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

I would think that finding out who sent it and their reasons/m.o., in conjunction with the appropriate authorities, would be more valuable (in terms of helping the hobby) than just destroying them and washing your hands.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:17 PM
Tracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wymers Auction View Post
Coming from a fellow auctioneer it is refreshing that you are not interested in selling this stuff. Thanks for being part of the solution and not a continuation of the problem. I would just store the box and make them pay to get it back if they contact you. You have no right to destroy the items. Chris would know better than I, but I am not sure if I have seen anything authentic come from Margate.
Thank you for the compliment and the advice, it seems you're one of the good guy's as well! I think that is exactly what I'm going to do, store it until they grow a pair and contact me.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:42 PM
Tracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deertick View Post
Here is Mark's (Calsstore) phone #770-355-9400. I have his home phone if you'd like it. I doubt they are from him, but they definately originated from him. Were they shipped from GA? Here's a pic of him ostensibly pre-crook:
They came from florida, I looked up who filed the LLC. and it's a guy named Sanzare. He does use calsstore.com as the website though.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:44 PM
Tracy

Thanks again everyone for the amazing education I have gotten from this thus far!
Old 05-16-2013, 10:18 PM

Default mystery box

I work for an auction company and we also received the mystery box with a formal letter stating exactly what Auto Legends terms were for consignment and rate. They sent 18 total signed items, of the 18, 16 signatures are hall of fame players and possibly the top 16 signatures you would want to see. Every signature was in blue Sharpie, three left handed players had right handed lettering and the COAs were all printed on blue cardstock and closest thing to an actual certification person were small numbered stickers all in perfect ascending order as if the 90s world series game ball was certified right after Dale Jr. Pictures 20 years later. Very sketchy, we refused to sell and plan to send package to FBI. Hope they get slammed for scamming honest people!!!!!
Old 05-17-2013, 05:13 AM
Jim M.arinari

Awesome! They may call you, tell them they can pick up the items at your local PD. You will never here from them again. Can you PM me who sent the package? A scan of the letter would be great.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:16 AM
Steve Zarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohohornet View Post
I work for an auction company and we also received the mystery box with a formal letter stating exactly what Auto Legends terms were for consignment and rate. They sent 18 total signed items, of the 18, 16 signatures are hall of fame players and possibly the top 16 signatures you would want to see. Every signature was in blue Sharpie, three left handed players had right handed lettering and the COAs were all printed on blue cardstock and closest thing to an actual certification person were small numbered stickers all in perfect ascending order as if the 90s world series game ball was certified right after Dale Jr. Pictures 20 years later. Very sketchy, we refused to sell and plan to send package to FBI. Hope they get slammed for scamming honest people!!!!!
Love it!
Old 05-17-2013, 07:40 AM
Richard Simon

Hold the material until someone contacts you.
Tell them that they have to come and personally pick it up, that you don't trust the mail to ship it back to them.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 05-17-2013, 07:43 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
That is some tactic to spread forgeries.
At least some of this crap has been sent to honest auctioneers who have been contacted by the activists on this board and in this instance the auctioneer actually contacted the board.
Good to see that there are honest people out there who want to take an active hand in stopping forgeries.
Sitting on your duff and posting on this board just won't cut it, you have to be pro active to help clean this mess up.
If you see something say something or do something.
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 05-17-2013, 07:51 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Awesome! They may call you, tell them they can pick up the items at your local PD. You will never here from them again. Can you PM me who sent the package? A scan of the letter would be great.
Even better than the local PD,, tell them it is at the Postal Inspector's office in your hometown.
Actually reporting it to the Postal Inspector might really be the thing to do. If you do that feel free to have the PI contact me, Shelly or Chris Williams. We can help steer them in the right direction.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 05-17-2013 at 08:46 AM.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:40 AM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
I'd reach out to the FBI agents who brought down the Marinos in Operation Bullpen, or the guys who tore through the National a couple years ago. I'm sure their names are in the forum somewhere.

Ken
That would be great but it doesn't work that way. Secondly he is no longer working as an agent.
The best way is to do nothing. Let them contact you. Then have an undercover cop there when they pick up the package.

Now that everyone has given their ideas. They have read them. You dont think that they are not part of 54. The way this should have been handled is on the phone or through PM"s

Last edited by shelly; 05-17-2013 at 09:14 AM.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:42 PM
James Wymer

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2678 View Post
Stick the package in your closet and forget about it until the consignor contacts you. Don't destroy them because you don't own them.
I am also an auctioneer and they are not the only "consignment company" that uses this method. Do not destroy the items just store them. I did not pay attention to the age of this post. I repeated the same advice I had given in the past.
Always accepting quality consignments

Last edited by Wymers Auction; 05-17-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:27 PM
M@tt Schw@de

Quote:
Is that a younger, slimmer Michael Kay?

Last edited by mschwade; 05-17-2013 at 03:28 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 12:47 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
At least they warned me first before they sent the box. I just got an email and it claims they can send me JSA and PSA cert-ed material...

Amazing that 5 years later and they're still getting away with this.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions

Last edited by Aquarian Sports Cards; 12-07-2017 at 01:09 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 04:34 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
At least they warned me first before they sent the box. I just got an email and it claims they can send me JSA and PSA cert-ed material...

Amazing that 5 years later and they're still getting away with this.
Tell them to ship the items to you.
Then when they arrive without the COA's you write them back.
"Hey, where are the COA's?"
Then contact the postal inspector when you do not get any COA's.
--
Old 12-07-2017, 04:43 PM
Scott Russell

At the risk of being seen as part of the problem I don't have time to execute amateur sting operations. Clearly if anyone with authority gave a damn something would've changed in the last FIVE YEARS!
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 12-07-2017, 04:49 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
At the risk of being seen as part of the problem I don't have time to execute amateur sting operations. Clearly if anyone with authority gave a damn something would've changed in the last FIVE YEARS!
Collectors like myself, Richard and Shelly care.

There was someone in authority who did care and the case was transferred to another state.

They didn't care and dropped the ball.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:22 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Some criminals have gone to prison because some people did clearly care.
Some people had time.
--
Old 01-30-2020, 01:32 PM
Sonny Smith

Autograph Legends (Eric Sanzare) is still seeding many auctions around the country with their 100% fake material.

They sent us a package recently that included a similar assortment as others have described above (after we clearly explained to them that we would only sell PSA/DNA, JSA, BAS, UDA, Steiner, or other reputable company authenticated items).

When we told them that their items would not pass any legitimate authentication, they replied with "Have you heard of forensics? We use forensics to authenticate our items." - trying to imply that their authentication was superior to PSA, JSA, or BAS. I assume this is the line they use on the lesser educated auction companies.

Just wanted to refresh that this scam operation is still going. It is frustrating to see a bunch of their material being auctioned when you search AuctionZip. What does it take for law enforcement to get involved?

Sonny Smith
Old 01-31-2020, 07:57 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyu2 View Post
Autograph Legends (Eric Sanzare) is still seeding many auctions around the country with their 100% fake material.

They sent us a package recently that included a similar assortment as others have described above (after we clearly explained to them that we would only sell PSA/DNA, JSA, BAS, UDA, Steiner, or other reputable company authenticated items).

When we told them that their items would not pass any legitimate authentication, they replied with "Have you heard of forensics? We use forensics to authenticate our items." - trying to imply that their authentication was superior to PSA, JSA, or BAS. I assume this is the line they use on the lesser educated auction companies.

Just wanted to refresh that this scam operation is still going. It is frustrating to see a bunch of their material being auctioned when you search AuctionZip. What does it take for law enforcement to get involved?

Sonny Smith
Sonny, I continue to follow them.

The most recent "new" Florida sellers are Atlanticcoastcards, Iconsofthegame and Edwzo_73.

And, of course, there is Ebay seller Heroesofthegame305_8 has sold a few thousand forgeries.

Can anyone guess who this is?

TonyP-1.jpg

Some of his present listings.

tonyp-2.jpg

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 01-31-2020 at 08:00 PM.

Tags
autograph legends, autographs, fake coa's, forgery