NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-03-2013, 09:36 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

I wouldn't put it past him to pocket the cash and never ship. If he admittedly only pays for "most" of the cards he buys, what makes you think he doesn't only ship "most" of the cards he sells?
Old 09-03-2013, 09:46 PM
Richard L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
damn... ouch. what did he pay for that mantle anyone know? he had that up too.

http://tinyurl.com/lyzug8q

13,653 with currency exchange, was asking 15,350 but yanked after in 19 minutes???

Last edited by nsaddict; 09-03-2013 at 09:47 PM.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:38 PM

IMHO, seeing as how he has mental problems and the attention span of a fly, this is why someone close to him needs to SERIOUSLY step in and get a guardian or conservator so as to stop him from frittering his money away.

David
Old 09-04-2013, 09:35 AM
Rob Ruddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
That's not what he has. It's kind of different....like a lot.
I thought he said he had OCD.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:44 AM
pete ullman

Rob...maybe you and some of our other brothers up north can help Adrian with his issues?! Let us know how that turns out!
Old 09-04-2013, 10:39 AM
J@$0n.Chri$$i$

Have any of you ever taken a $2,000+ loss, or if I've done my math right, around a 60% loss on a pre-war card before?

My biggest issue with Adrian (besides the obvious) was that he was an "Acquirer" and not a "Collector". He had no connection to baseball cards. Did any of you ever jump right into the hobby by purchasing rare and expensive cards without doing any research or having some sort of emotional connection to the player? Who drops that kind of cash on common card where there is no consensus within the hobby that it is even a "variation", especially with that kind of back damage, when they have no idea what they are doing? Unless you are a professional sports team owner, you can't take that risk. And if you do, I guess that's when 60% losses happen.

I only saw my dad get teary-eyed three times in my life - when he put my family dog down, when he dropped me off at the dorm for my first day of college, and when he talked about Roberto Clemente. I'm sure that is the reason for my Clemente collection. Like many of you, I started collecting in the early 80's. I would buy those "All Time Greats" cards and read baseball almanacs and record books. That's where I learned about Matty, Cobb, Hans, Three-Finger Brown, etc. I'm sure that is the reason for my pre-war card "obsession". Many of the board members here tried to convince Adrian to slow down, do some research, find a favorite player or team, but he did not listen. He just acquired a few rare, high priced cards with no rhyme or reason. I mean, I have a Bake McBride collection that I'm sure I cherish more than any cards he acquired.

That being said, he must have really needed the money and I wish him well. Hindsight being 20/20, he should have consigned the Murr'y to an established auction house right? Oh well, just thought I'd share my two cents on Adrian. I won't be posting anymore about him....promise.

- Ja$on Chri$$i$
Old 09-04-2013, 10:45 AM
pete ullman

i've taken a large loss on a vintage card...like 8K!
Old 09-04-2013, 11:23 AM
Daryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
Ouch! What card?!

Last edited by 4815162342; 09-04-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:24 AM
pete ullman

I prefer not to say! But his name starts with Louis!

You can't win em' all!!!!
Old 09-04-2013, 11:34 AM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Quote:
Yeah, but didn't you make up for the loss by scrap metaling all those extracted gold and silver fillings?
Old 09-04-2013, 11:41 AM
pete ullman

ha ha...the last time I traded in all of my scrap metal...I WAS very pleasantly surprised. Perhaps by the end of my dental career I'll recoup the loss on lowdy!!!!
Old 09-04-2013, 11:49 AM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Quote:
ha ha...the last time I traded in all of my scrap metal...I WAS very pleasantly surprised. Perhaps by the end of my dental career I'll recoup the loss on lowdy!!!!
lol, you might consign with Adrian. You'll have a 99.6% chance of getting paid!
Old 09-04-2013, 11:51 AM
pete ullman

more like I'd have a 99.6% likelihood of having to hire a canadian lawyer to go after his idiotic A$$!
Old 09-04-2013, 11:52 AM
David Pierson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul S View Post
lol, you might consign with Adrian. You'll have a 99.6% chance of getting paid!
You might be on to something there.....Zone91 Auction House (where you get paid most of the time!)
Old 09-04-2013, 11:54 AM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Quote:
more like I'd have a 99.6% likelihood of having to hire a canadian lawyer to go after his idiotic A$$!
More like you should get the lawyer to accept 00.40% as a fee?
Old 09-04-2013, 11:55 AM
pete ullman

David...I think some existing auction houses have already coined that phrase!!!
Old 09-04-2013, 12:13 PM

I took a $10K loss on a vintage card 5 years ago. it was something i consigned to a live auction, had $24K into a card, it sold for barely $14K...that hurt, but i've made it up in other deals.

Last edited by MVSNYC; 09-04-2013 at 12:17 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:58 PM
Archive

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooChild View Post
Hindsight being 20/20, he should have consigned the Murr'y to an established auction house right?

- Ja$on Chri$$i$
Ja$on

The card was consigned with an established auction house. The winning bidder (not Adrian) won the card for around $1600 (with juice).

Shortly after that Adrian shows up here posting up his purchase of the SGC 10 Murr'y that he bought for $3150.

Interesting how he either doesn't know or doesn't want to put in his Ebay auction description that the exact card he is selling sold for only $1600 earlier this year.

Jantz
Old 09-04-2013, 10:28 PM
Kevin Qui.nn

so here is the whole story now that it is basically over with and the card is in the mail:

i was the one who bought the card. he lowered the shipping to 25.00 so i was able to get it for 1425. this completes my collection of name variations...nodgrass, shappe, murr'y, dopner, cpiger

there was a reason why the price was so high on the shipping but i honestly don't remember what it was, but part of that was he wanted it to arrive at the buyer in a timely fashion as it can get held up in customs for a significant period of time sometimes. this is admiral but utlimately not needed to make the sale more attractive to purchases. we were able to work through it.

payment was made last night. the card was shipped today with tracking information as promised.

i spoke to adrian on the phone during the process. he did mention he had ocd but also said he is sound in mind when it comes to everything else. the reason he mentioned for wanting to sell the card is that he realized that he wasn't sure what he wanted to collect before, when he bought the card. he now has an interest in babe ruth cards. he wanted to take what he could for the card and roll it into some babe ruth cards.

i presume he was interested in taking a loss on the card because he was very interested in another purchase that he didn't want to wait for. at the end of the day i think his anxiousness hurt his wallet a little bit but ultimately it his money and his hobby. we all have jumped at a few cards and wiggled some cash to get what we want. in the end, i ended up getting an affordable and reasonable deal and he can buy his ruth card.

the guy does read the board and he basically said you were all "dicks" in not so many words because you are distorting and blowing up everything he said and did. he knows you guys are posting about him. he can read it but he has no way of responding to what you are posting.

he seemed like a nice guy under it all, even though he may have some issues.....but who doesn't. im certian everyone on this board has an issue with something in their life....in some capacity. there is no need to talk about a guy that has no way of responding back or may have some issues that are due to a medical condition.

for instance, if someone made fun of down syndrome people and you had a kid with that affliction....you probably wouldn't enjoy it to much. replace that concept with whatever you take personally.

for the sake of him, i would honestly just ask that you let the thread go....and move on to the next hot topic.

kevin

Last edited by thehoodedcoder; 09-04-2013 at 10:33 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:43 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehoodedcoder View Post
the guy does read the board and he basically said you were all "dicks" in not so many words because you are distorting and blowing up everything he said and did. he knows you guys are posting about him. he can read it but he has no way of responding to what you are posting.
Nothing is being distorted, or blown out of proportion. Nothing. The reason he has no way to respond to what is being posted is because he was banned after being given several chances by Leon to fly straight. He was given great advice by some very smart people, and he choose to ignore it. The fact that he is lurking on a forum where he is banned speaks volumes as to his psyche. He can't let it go.

Quote:
He seemed like a nice guy under it all
Ted Bundy seemed like a great guy, too. Sometimes the worst people are the ones that seem most affable when they want something. But when things don't go their way, or somebody disagrees with them, they show their true colors. This is Adrian to a tee.

Quote:
For instance, if someone made fun of down syndrome people and you had a kid with that affliction....you probably wouldn't enjoy it to much. replace that concept with whatever you take personally.
I do have a pretty serious medical condition. And how did Adrian speak to me once he found out about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone91 View Post
the 'stache (you are the main reason I started this thread)

No need to say anything to you anymore now that I know God is taking care of you and that is enough to put a smile on my face!!! He is sure having fun with you....your body is his toy!!! Or maybe it is all the evil spirits inside you that are crippling your body either way I am sure the future for you will be one HELL of a ride!!!

Post # 12
Quote:
the 'stache

Better my brain than your soul!!!!

The evil spirits are inside you crippling you!!! And guess what God could care less about you. I wonder how long before your are fully crippled....ah the justice of nature!!! You can be a as##ole with us humans but not with God....and you are paying the FULL price!!! You will soon be a crippled freak of nature....women will be all over you then....NOW that is absolutely FUNNY!!! You are like the freak in the exorcism of Emily Rose...with her back all messed up!!!

Wonder why God did this to you hmmmmmmm......oh yes because you are a asshole and a bad human!!! Can you say CRIPPLED FREAK 3 time in front of a mirror!!!

You want to play nasty I can play that game!!!

Post # 13
Quote:
the 'stache

No this is the kind of guy that has had enough of your sh## and super bad attitude.....you pushed me to my limit and now you are getting a dose of what you serve to others. You laugh at me with my life now I am laughing at you and you want to cry wolf....bullsh## Leon is not stupid.

EVERYONE knows you are a FUC##R/AS##OLE!!!

Post # 14
Quote:
You will learn to keep your stupid comments to yourself.

FU## YOU...AND I hope life keeps on giving more and more piles of shi#!!!

Oh poor you and your disease
I truly hope it does not come back bohoho so sad.
Clearly, we have all been blowing distorting and blowing things out of proportion.

As one of the forum members that messaged me privately called it, Adrian's behavior was "despicable, disgraceful and disgusting."

He can't wish death on other members anymore. He can't make any more "I'm leaving" threads, followed in close proximity by the "all of you that are nasty to me, your end is coming" threads.

This place is so much better now that he's gone.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:48 PM
Scott Ti3k

While I wish nothing bad to anyone, those vile & hate filled comments that Adrian made are the reason he is no longer here and can't reply. They are also the reason I feel little sympathy for him.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:30 AM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

My vote would be to drop this topic. It's a combination of beating a dead horse and repeating old gossip, and if he does have problems I'm not comfortable with it being chatted about on as a water cooler topic on a chat board.

I hope things work out for him. I don't know why anyone wouldn't.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:04 AM
Kevin Qui.nn

admittadly, i didn't read all of his posts.

i don't need to though, like i said....he clearly has some issues. you have never gotten mad and said things that you regret and didn't mean? of course you have. maybe he took it to the next level. ok. well then yea. he doesn't need to be on the board any more but continuing to harp on them in public forum is not going to help anything, especially him and his future endeavours and communication with others.

kevin
Old 09-05-2013, 06:19 AM
pete ullman

Kevin...hopefully you'll get you card...end of story.

That's really all that matters isn't it...that we "get" our cards?

It doesn't matter how corrupt the seller...how unstable...how many previous ethical/moral infractions...congrats on completing your...whatever it was subset of T206.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:11 AM
Sean Costello

Kevin, I'm really glad for you that you got this card. I know you've really wanted it.

As for Adrian, I realize he can't respond to our comments, but I wonder why he still reads them. It just seems like an act of masochism on his part. And if saying that makes me a "dick" in his eyes, well I can live with that.

However, I will stop discussing him now.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:47 AM
Eric Shaeffer

Quote:
That's really all that matters isn't it...that we "get" our cards?
, so true in most instances, stuff trumps all I guess...
Old 09-06-2013, 01:32 PM
Rob Ruddy

Quote:
Rob...maybe you and some of our other brothers up north can help Adrian with his issues?! Let us know how that turns out!
Ya, I'll get on that one right away.
Old 09-06-2013, 03:14 PM
Kevin Qui.nn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ease View Post
, so true in most instances, stuff trumps all I guess...
i fail to see how me bringing to light the fact that he has shipped the card turned into me being greedy and only caring about the fact that i get my card ..... and how i probably shouldn't have bought the card from him because of his actions on this board, as if i need to join the ultra rightous johnny justice cause that seems to keep popping out all over the place.

i bought the card. it worked out. i reported the transaction and that it worked out.

low ground? why would you ever want to go that route? i simply stated it would probably be best to take the higher ground and let the Adrian bashing go, unless continuing to ridicule someone who has no recourse of response serves your higher needs of self amusement.

there are much more important things to discuss. or am i missing something?

Last edited by thehoodedcoder; 09-06-2013 at 03:40 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:04 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Could we please just let this Adrian sh*t go away? I mean, enough is enough....

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 09-06-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:59 PM
Eric Shaeffer

I'm glad you got your card Kevin and I hope you enjoy it. FWIW I'm actually very easily amused.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:59 PM
Ja,mie B.

Quote:
i fail to see how me bringing to light the fact that he has shipped the card turned into me being greedy and only caring about the fact that i get my card ..... and how i probably shouldn't have bought the card from him because of his actions on this board, as if i need to join the ultra rightous johnny justice cause that seems to keep popping out all over the place.
If it makes you feel any better, the "ultra-righteous johnny justice cause" thinks I'm a moron with character flaws who hangs with a bad crowd. So if you want, you can roll with me and the rest of the lying liars that make up my crew. We gonna be hangin and buying cards from people on imaginary blacklists.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:04 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyseymour View Post
If it makes you feel any better, the "ultra-righteous johnny justice cause" thinks I'm a moron with character flaws who hangs with a bad crowd. So if you want, you can roll with me and the rest of the lying liars that make up my crew. We gonna be hangin and buying cards from people on imaginary blacklists.
???
Old 09-06-2013, 07:06 PM
David Pierson
Banned

Well, this baseball card stuff is no fun until somebody starts crying.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:54 PM
Ja,mie B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 View Post
???
Ahh.. it's from the other thread where they went berserk on me for questioning their blacklist idea.

Anyways, congrats to KQ on buying a nice card for a bargain price. I like that Murr'y card.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:23 PM
Rob

Quote:
...hangs with a bad crowd.
I thought they were talking about the FC board. Anyway good luck to Adrian. I would suggest that he consign cards to small auction houses to get the best return. As it was, I think he lost money on the buy price of the Murr'y. The final sale price was not bad considering the back damage.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:34 PM
Joe M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Kevin, I'm really glad for you that you got this card. I know you've really wanted it.

As for Adrian, I realize he can't respond to our comments, but I wonder why he still reads them. It just seems like an act of masochism on his part. And if saying that makes me a "dick" in his eyes, well I can live with that.

However, I will stop discussing him now.
He loves this board and misses the contact. I bought several cards on-line when I was on vacation in Florida one time. After I got home I ended up selling all of them. Don't really know if I lost or made money, but it was not a lot either way. Hope all is well with him.

Joe

Collecting Detroit 19th Century N172, N173, N175.
N172 Detroit. Getzein, McGlone, Rooks, Wheelock, Gillligan, Kid Baldwin Error, Lady Baldwin, Conway, Deacon White

Positive transactions with Joe G, Jay Miller, CTANK80, BIGFISH, MGHPRO, k. DIXON, LEON, INSIDETHEWRAPPER, GOCUBSGO32, Steve Suckow, RAINIER2004, Ben Yourg, GNAZ01, yanksrnice09, cmiz5290, Kris Sweckard (Kris19),Angyal, Chuck Tapia,Belfast1933,bcbgcbrcb,fusorcruiser, tsp06, cobbcobb13
Old 09-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmtiger View Post
He loves this board and misses the contact.
He has nobody to blame but himself for not being here. He was given several chances and blew every single one of them. Between the things he said to me publicly and privately, the things he said to other members (including wishing a heart attack on Peter Spaeth), refusing to pay for deals he made (and not grasping why that was a bad thing), and the pathological lying and excuse making, he doesn't deserve to be here. Membership on Net54 is a privilege, and members are supposed to be able to trust one another, and treat each other respectfully. Adrian, unfortunately, is incapable demonstrating the responsibility necessary to be trusted, and he's disrespectful of others at the drop of a hat. The fact that he spends any part of his life lurking here after he's been banned speaks volumes about the kind of person he is. He's a drama queen, and an attention whore. He'd go off on a forum member in some random discussion, and say he was leaving forever. Then he's start a whole new discussion announcing his imminent departure:

Thanks to those who helped me here and also those who respected me here
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=169148

He "quit", sat there reading all the comments from people saying he should take a break, or get some help, or just chill out. Then he came back. Then another month later, he made a thread threatening that all the people that were mean to him were going to "get it":

For all those that act nasty towards me...your end is coming!!!
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=170958

Followed the next day by yet another "I'm leaving" thread:

How does one delete his profile I have enough of this place?
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=170959

I have no sympathy for him. None. People were tolerant of his issues, and were supportive of him, including myself. We all tried to befriend him. We put up with his spamming completely inappropriate posts and threads on the main board, until Leon had to put a post limit to him. Then he started to show his true colors. It takes a hell of a lot for me to not like somebody, but he managed to make me not like him. And I hate talking about him. But every time it seems this thread is going to sink to the bottom, somebody bumps it back up. "He really misses this place, and he's a good guy that made a few mistakes". I'm sure he misses it, because here he could be the center of attention. The forum fed his narcissism.

People need to understand that he is not a good person. He is a spiteful human being. He can turn on the charm, and appear to be the nicest person you've ever talked to. It's an act. When somebody questions what he's done, he goes into full-on attack mode. It's predictable, and frightening the amount of joy he seems to get from the assault he wages on other members here.

When he buys a bunch of cards, and ends up not paying for them, it's always the government's fault for not giving him the money he's owed for medical, or somebody owes him money for a coin he sold. Or his 19 year old dog needed emergency surgery (who puts a 19 year old dog through emergency surgery? That's not fair to the animal). Or his job owes him money. Or his grandma is sick. He never accepts responsibility for anything. He says he has learned, but then he does the exact same thing again. Forum members (Leon included) tell him it is not ok to buy cards, and not pay for them. He then says he realizes what he did was wrong, using his OCD as an excuse why he didn't before, and he will try to change. Then, he backs out of a card that he bought, costing the seller $500. The next day, he buys $100 worth of cards instead of giving that $100 to the guy he just stiffed, and working out a plan for the rest. He then justifies it by saying the seller might be losing $500 now, but they'll get $1,000 from me in the future when I buy another card. That twisted rationalization is a clear indication that he's never going to get it.

And he uses the same excuses over and over. You could come up with a list of Adrianisms, and just sit back and wait for them to be played in order. Kevin just posted this recently:

Quote:
i spoke to adrian on the phone during the process. he did mention he had ocd but also said he is sound in mind when it comes to everything else. the reason he mentioned for wanting to sell the card is that he realized that he wasn't sure what he wanted to collect before, when he bought the card. he now has an interest in babe ruth cards.
Same excuse he used back in May:

Quote:
When I 1st started to collect baseball cards a few months ago I was very confused at what I was going to collect....now I know what my focuses are I will have a much better time knowing what I am doing and not doing.

I want to build the 52 Topps set (since I have the Mantle this makes it that much easier) so far I have 13 cards and 4 of those are nice looking high numbers and the other 9 are also nice looking for the grade (s);

I want to collect T206 cards (HOF players mostly and error cards)

and

I want to put together the most Mantle cards I can in PSA 8.
Guys, he cannot be trusted. I have seen people like this before. As a stock broker, I have had extensive training on spotting people like this as a means of protecting our clientele. He is a ticking time bomb waiting to go off. You guys might be getting the cards he's selling now. But invariably, at some point in the future, we're going to see a thread from somebody that "I bought a card from Zone91, and it never came". It will happen. To use an analogy, you are all tickling the dragon's tail (look up Louis Slotin and Los Alamos if you don't understand the reference), and sooner or later, there will be fallout.

Can we please just let this thread drop to the bottom? This guy is no longer a member of the forum. If you all choose to do business with him (at your own risk), fine. But as Leon said before, he can not defend himself, and quite honestly, it's exhausting having to bring this stuff up. I get nervous when I see how "he misses the forum" because the next thing we know, somebody will be trying to bring him back. And that would be tragic.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 09-07-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:36 AM
Steve Woe.lfel

Hey Bill, a big +1.

I originally felt sorry for Adrian and his OCD condition (I have a family member with a similar problem, so I've seen how it can impact a person and his family). When I saw what he wrote about you and your medical issues, I lost all respect and any sympathy for him.

I come to this site because I love the hobby and enjoy reading the insights of all of our expert members. I also enjoy the interactions that I've had with all of the great folks that I've done deals with over the past year plus. There's no room here for a person who would wish harm or additional pain on another human being.

I'd also like to add that I believe there are at least one or two great members who have stopped posting (or greatly reduced their posts) because of all the drama when Zone91 was melting down.
T206 SLers: 11/48
T206 Back Run: 28/39

Desiderata

You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Strive to be happy.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:11 PM
Ja,mie B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 'stache View Post
Guys, he cannot be trusted. I have seen people like this before. As a stock broker, I have had extensive training on spotting people like this as a means of protecting our clientele. He is a ticking time bomb waiting to go off. You guys might be getting the cards he's selling now. But invariably, at some point in the future, we're going to see a thread from somebody that "I bought a card from Zone91, and it never came". It will happen. To use an analogy, you are all tickling the dragon's tail (look up Louis Slotin and Los Alamos if you don't understand the reference), and sooner or later, there will be fallout.
Now you're accusing him of committing crimes that he's never committed. You can't just indict a guy for committing crimes that happen in the future. If the police knock on my door and say that they are arresting me for a murder I'm going to commit three years from now, even though they have no real evidence that I plan to commit murder, that's conjecture.

No one asked you to be the sheriff of this town. So why don't you take the tough guy act elsewhere?

Quote:
Can we please just let this thread drop to the bottom? This guy is no longer a member of the forum. If you all choose to do business with him (at your own risk), fine. But as Leon said before, he can not defend himself, and quite honestly, it's exhausting having to bring this stuff up.
Then why do you keep starting threads and constantly mentioning him in links and so forth?

Let me ask you another question: do you even collect pre-war baseball cards? Because I don't think you do.

You, sir, are a troll. I think you're a 70's Topps collector who maybe bought a small handful of prewar just so that you can say that you belong here. You don't even write about pre-war cards. They don't even enter the discussion with you. All you want to do is hash up old threads that nobody wants to give a crap about anymore that relate to someone who's been banned from the board.

I think you are probably a nice guy. But you would do better to leave this section and participate in the post-war section because I don't think you're really a pre-war collector. You probably mean well, but you are doing something but stirring up old B.S. based on some vendetta you cannot let go of.

So this will be my last post to you. I'll I'm asking is one small favor. Just leave. Please just go away. That's it. Goodbye.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:20 PM
Daryl

Quote:
No one asked you to be the sheriff of this town. So why don't you take the tough guy act elsewhere?
Finally! +1
Old 09-07-2013, 12:25 PM

+1

Quote:
Now you're accusing him of committing crimes that he's never committed. You can't just indict a guy for committing crimes that happen in the future. If the police knock on my door and say that they are arresting me for a murder I'm going to commit three years from now, even though they have no real evidence that I plan to commit murder, that's conjecture.

Then why do you keep starting threads and constantly mentioning him in links and so forth?

Let me ask you another question: do you even collect pre-war baseball cards? Because I don't think you do.

You, sir, are a troll. I think you're a 70's Topps collector who maybe bought a small handful of prewar just so that you can say that you belong here. You don't even write about pre-war cards. They don't even enter the discussion with you. All you want to do is hash up old threads that nobody wants to give a crap about anymore that relate to someone who's been banned from the board.

I think you are probably a nice guy. But you would do better to leave this section and participate in the post-war section because I don't think you're really a pre-war collector. You probably mean well, but you are doing something but stirring up old B.S. based on some vendetta you cannot let go of.

So this will be my last post to you. I'll I'm asking is one small favor. Just leave. Please just go away. That's it. Goodbye.
Brian Horne

Ouch... I have to say that I have found stache to be a positive member who is truly trying to learn about the pre-war hobby. This thread aside I have looked forward to his posts.
David Pierson
Banned

I have made deals with Bill, and he is a great guy. 100% true to his word, and only concerned for the welfare of the hobby of collecting baseball cards. Yes, he may have a small start on prewar cards, but I know he is serious about them and his love for the hobby is greater than many who have collections valued in the hundreds of thousands or more. Bill IS a prewar card collector and he is not a Troll, and I don't think he is trying to be a tough guy. Dave. ps No place here for bullies!
Old 09-07-2013, 12:55 PM
Bruce C@rter

It's sad that Adrain is still here hammering wedges between current board members.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:07 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Quote:

Pretty harsh dude - I personally like the 'stache a lot and love reading his posts. Not sure why the huge defense of some idiot banded member by you, and attacking a quality member telling him hes a troll. Really???

And now your counting his pre war cards???? come on man. Weather you have 1 or 10,000 or even none but looking to learn and begin collecting them, this is the place to be isn't it?
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:23 PM
Er1c Sh@rp.

Wow man! You need to let it go and talk cards. Edited to add my name because this was apparently liable advice. Eric Sharp

Quote:
He has nobody to blame but himself for not being here. He was given several chances and blew every single one of them. Between the things he said to me publicly and privately, the things he said to other members (including wishing a heart attack on Peter Spaeth), refusing to pay for deals he made (and not grasping why that was a bad thing), and the pathological lying and excuse making, he doesn't deserve to be here. Membership on Net54 is a privilege, and members are supposed to be able to trust one another, and treat each other respectfully. Adrian, unfortunately, is incapable demonstrating the responsibility necessary to be trusted, and he's disrespectful of others at the drop of a hat. The fact that he spends any part of his life lurking here after he's been banned speaks volumes about the kind of person he is. He's a drama queen, and an attention whore. He'd go off on a forum member in some random discussion, and say he was leaving forever. Then he's start a whole new discussion announcing his imminent departure:

Thanks to those who helped me here and also those who respected me here
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=169148

He "quit", sat there reading all the comments from people saying he should take a break, or get some help, or just chill out. Then he came back. Then another month later, he made a thread threatening that all the people that were mean to him were going to "get it":

For all those that act nasty towards me...your end is coming!!!
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=170958

Followed the next day by yet another "I'm leaving" thread:

How does one delete his profile I have enough of this place?
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=170959

I have no sympathy for him. None. People were tolerant of his issues, and were supportive of him, including myself. We all tried to befriend him. We put up with his spamming completely inappropriate posts and threads on the main board, until Leon had to put a post limit to him. Then he started to show his true colors. It takes a hell of a lot for me to not like somebody, but he managed to make me not like him. And I hate talking about him. But every time it seems this thread is going to sink to the bottom, somebody bumps it back up. "He really misses this place, and he's a good guy that made a few mistakes". I'm sure he misses it, because here he could be the center of attention. The forum fed his narcissism.

People need to understand that he is not a good person. He is a spiteful human being. He can turn on the charm, and appear to be the nicest person you've ever talked to. It's an act. When somebody questions what he's done, he goes into full-on attack mode. It's predictable, and frightening the amount of joy he seems to get from the assault he wages on other members here.

When he buys a bunch of cards, and ends up not paying for them, it's always the government's fault for not giving him the money he's owed for medical, or somebody owes him money for a coin he sold. Or his 19 year old dog needed emergency surgery (who puts a 19 year old dog through emergency surgery? That's not fair to the animal). Or his job owes him money. Or his grandma is sick. He never accepts responsibility for anything. He says he has learned, but then he does the exact same thing again. Forum members (Leon included) tell him it is not ok to buy cards, and not pay for them. He then says he realizes what he did was wrong, using his OCD as an excuse why he didn't before, and he will try to change. Then, he backs out of a card that he bought, costing the seller $500. The next day, he buys $100 worth of cards instead of giving that $100 to the guy he just stiffed, and working out a plan for the rest. He then justifies it by saying the seller might be losing $500 now, but they'll get $1,000 from me in the future when I buy another card. That twisted rationalization is a clear indication that he's never going to get it.

And he uses the same excuses over and over. You could come up with a list of Adrianisms, and just sit back and wait for them to be played in order. Kevin just posted this recently:

Same excuse he used back in May:

Can we please just let this thread drop to the bottom? This guy is no longer a member of the forum. If you all choose to do business with him (at your own risk), fine. But as Leon said before, he can not defend himself, and quite honestly, it's exhausting having to bring this stuff up. I get nervous when I see how "he misses the forum" because the next thing we know, somebody will be trying to bring him back. And that would be tragic.

Last edited by Tao_Moko; 09-07-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:07 PM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tao_Moko View Post
Wow man! You need to let it go and talk cards.
Very much agree.

And Bill, when you write, "And I hate talking about him. But every time it seems this thread is going to sink to the bottom, somebody bumps it back up.", Well, you just did. (Me too, I guess).

Meanwhile, I'm returning back to my Yankees, who think they are going to mount a comeback at the Red Sox. The Bastids!

Here's a nice card to get the show on the road:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg T206_Young_port-2_f.jpg (19.1 KB, 216 views)
Old 09-07-2013, 02:11 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf441 View Post
Hey Bill, a big +1.

I originally felt sorry for Adrian and his OCD condition (I have a family member with a similar problem, so I've seen how it can impact a person and his family). When I saw what he wrote about you and your medical issues, I lost all respect and any sympathy for him.

I come to this site because I love the hobby and enjoy reading the insights of all of our expert members. I also enjoy the interactions that I've had with all of the great folks that I've done deals with over the past year plus. There's no room here for a person who would wish harm or additional pain on another human being.

I'd also like to add that I believe there are at least one or two great members who have stopped posting (or greatly reduced their posts) because of all the drama when Zone91 was melting down.
Good afternoon, Steve.

I'm with you. As somebody that has been dealing with ADD my entire life (before anybody named it, diagnosed it, or even knew what the heck it was), I could empathize with what he was going through. ADD and OCD share some similar behavioral traits. I used to make my parents, and my teachers, nuts. Parent teacher conferences were always an event. It was always the same-"your son is so smart, but he's so talkative. Too much so. And when he starts a project, he starts off so strong, but then seems to lose interest. Or, he starts a project, works on it a while, then completely starts over".

I was such a perfectionist, and eventually in college, it got to the point where I would have a major project due, or a portfolio review (I was an ad art major before switching to political science and pre-law), and I'd scrap it the night before it was to be handed in, and start from scratch. That's not easy to deal with. It messed up my relationships with the girls I would date, and it really hurt my grades in school. So I understood some of the demons he was dealing with. But he took it way too far. When he started with the personal attacks, I just couldn't look past it. If he'd never made them, I'd still be sticking up for the guy.

I love this place. The knowledge that emanates from the virtual walls of Net54 alone would make this a favorite site. But it's the people here that make our little home truly special. And I don't think it's asking too much that everybody here be respectful of one another, even when they don't agree on something.

Old 09-07-2013, 03:14 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Wow, this Adrian stuff is just incredible. Here's a guy who has been banned from the board, but numerous and endless threads continue about him. Unbelievable....
Old 09-07-2013, 03:17 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
What tough guy act? If anything, you seem to be the one that is getting confrontational here. You did it last night with Eric, who is one of the nicest people on this forum.

The only thing I have done regarding Adrian here is to bring up what he did to get booted off the forum, nothing more. I fail to see how doing so makes me a "tough guy" whatsoever. I would think that telling somebody else to get lost would constitute being a "tough guy", however.

Quote:
What threads have I started about him???

Here are the topics, I have started since March (I will bold the topics having to do with pre-war):

1.) Ok baseball fans, here's an interesting question. (started about an hour ago)
2.) Should we maintain a list of suspicious buyers and sellers? (this was an idea first brought up by Pete Ullman, and with all the talk recently about shill bidding, the deceptive practices of the t206museum.com owner, forgeries being sold, etc, I felt it at least warranted consideration.)
3.) Khris Davis: a hidden gem in Milwaukee, but not for long.
4. How many people on Ebay will be duped by these? (a discussion about a T206 reprint set).
5. Should I get this graded? 2009 Chrome Mike Trout au
6. A question for T206 experts. I'm confused by this Ebay auction
7. What is your most cherished piece, and why?
8. The all-time best of Net 54
9. The fantasy baseball Gods are not being kind this week. Check this out..
10. Graded card bags for larger slabs? (started as I needed suggestions for protecting the T202 card that had been given to me as a gift by Pete Sycks)
11. Looking for suggestions for my first pre-war card
12. Could I get some opinions on this T206 Ty Cobb bat on shoulder please?
13. Would a database for PSA flips be beneficial to the hobby?
14. Has anybody done this to guard against buying forgeries?
15. Is this 1953 Bowman Color Mantle legit?
16. Thanks a lot, guys. Now I'm in love with "the monster".
17. Something in the REA catalog has me puzzled
18. How do you maintain your purchase receipts?
19. Question from a vintage noob. What exactly is a monster?
20. Won't the graded card slabs melt below 350?
21. Do you save baseball shows/movies on your DVR?
22. Revisiting the SGC vs PSA vs Beckett discussion, where do the three stand in 2013?
23. PSA cards. Do you have a grading range that you typically look for?
24. Do these flips look right to you?
25. Recommendations for a magnifying glass

Seems to me that a person taking even a quick look at the list of topics I've started over the last six months would see somebody learning about pre-war cards, educating myself about looking out for fake pre-war cards, etc. The only topic I started that had anything to do with a card from the 70s was #24, where I was looking for a new graded 1975 Topps Robin Yount, whom I collect.

So no, I'm not a "troll". Talk about making an assumption, and being completely wrong.

Quote:
Yes, I do collect pre-war cards, and vintage, and modern cards, too. Unfortunately, I shattered my femur at the end of June, spent a month in the hospital fighting sepsis, and since coming home at the end of July, I've been doing physical therapy, and paying off my share of the $200,000 medical bill I ran up. So I haven't been buying any cards at all. I have new bills coming in daily, and before I spend money on my hobby, I am taking care of my responsibilities. So, I am sorry if my volume of pre-war card purchases do not meet your satisfaction, but I have bills to pay.

I've registered with REA so I could bid on some pre-war cards. I've been pretty open about the pre-war cards I want (T206 portrait Walter Johnson, Babe Ruth '33 Goudey, Lou Gehrig '34 Goudey, Nap Lajoie T206 with bat, Christy Matthewson T206 Dark Cap, Ty Cobb T206 bat on shoulder, T202 "Cobb Steals Third", T206 Willie Keeler portrait, I could go on...). I've been learning about pre-war cards, and if you've been paying attention to any of the posts I've made not related to Zone, you'd see that pretty much everything I've done since joining this forum has to do with my desire to build a really nice collection of players from the early days of the game. That doesn't mean I won't buy cards from the 40s, 50s, 60s and 70s, because I will. I love Clemente, Mickey Mantle, Hank Aaron, Sandy Koufax, Stan Musial, Joe DiMaggio, Willie Mays, Warren Spahn, etc, and I want to dabble in all sorts of different sets. I love the T206 set. I love the 1915 Cracker jack set. The 1953 Bowman Color set might be my favorite of all-time. I love the '58 Topps set, the '71 Topps set. I'm a big fan of the T202 set. I really like the T205 set. So, again, you are making a statement about me with zero knowledge of what I do. You've seen me making a few posts about Zone91, and made the quantum leap in logic to "well, you're a 70s card collecting internet-tough guy-troll that is trying to blacklist people". Jesus, if you knew anything about me (which clearly you do not), you'd laugh how completely ridiculous that is.

In fact, I think I ended my last post about Adrian asking forum members to let this topic go, as he was no longer a forum member, and couldn't defend himself.

And funny thing, in the last six months, I don't see a single thread I started about Zone91, though you are certain that I have. Another fabrication.

Quote:
You don't even write about pre-war cards. They don't even enter the discussion with you. All you want to do is hash up old threads that nobody wants to give a crap about anymore that relate to someone who's been banned from the board.
Actually, if you go back and read some of my posts (the ones I make lying in bed with my casted/iced leg sticking up in the air...you know, when I'm not being a "tough guy"), you'd see a lot of the posts I make are about pre-war cards. As soon as the first few of the T206 cards I bought came in, I couldn't scan them quickly enough to get them in the virtual T206 collection thread. You'll see the three of my additions late in the discussion.

I talk about storing my baseball cards, using a lock box at the bank, or a safe at home. I talk about '33 Goudey cards. I talk with Ian about t202 cards. I try to welcome new members when I see them, or answer questions to help people out. Talking about Adrian makes up 0.005% of what I do on this forum, yet it's all you can see. Maybe you should open your eyes?

Quote:
I think you are probably a nice guy. But you would do better to leave this section and participate in the post-war section because I don't think you're really a pre-war collector.
Again, you have no idea what I "am", so until you educate yourself, I'd appreciate it if you stopped making assumptions about who I am, what I like, or what I stand for. Because you are way off base.

Quote:
You probably mean well, but you are doing something but stirring up old B.S. based on some vendetta you cannot let go of.

Now I have a vendetta? LOL. You're something else. I didn't start this topic. Before this, I've made 5 of the 147 posts in the discussion. And all I've done is remind people of what he did. When the "aw, Adrian isn't such a bad guy" meme comes out, I remind everybody of why he was booted. And I've had multiple people message me expressing their shock over just how bad he was.

Jamie, if you want to talk baseball, or about baseball cards, I would love to do so. That's why I came here. I don't have any vendetta against this guy. I have nothing against you. And again, I would appreciate it if we could just leave him in the past. There's far too many good things to talk about, and I hate wasting my time on negativity.

Last edited by the 'stache; 09-07-2013 at 03:39 PM.