NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-17-2009, 12:16 PM
Peter Spaeth

Default gai is now global authority

In Bettendorf, Iowa.

http://www.globalauth.com/
Old 05-17-2009, 02:40 PM
Scott Ingold

I'm sure Kevins name is a few steps below mud for the majority of us.

Never had a personal problem with Scott. But the cock fights really says alot regarding what type of person somene is. "NOT THAT THERES ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT "

Really sad to find this out about someone in the community. Although many did have questions from the begining.

I would hope that buisnesses who might in someway employ Kevin take a second look at who there dealing with.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:57 PM
Todd Schultz

Default John

Of course we can agree to disagree--that was my position all along.

I still don't know to whom you were referring when you said "If this was any other person on here they would be outraged by these comments." If it was Kevin, then surely you jest, as he had his detractors long before this thread. If it was me then that's fine, but I would point you to the first page or so of this thread, where several people including a moderator declined to declare outrage, and took a far less hardline position.

No, I'm not "cool" with Kevin's comments--I know of no one here who has said they agreed with them and who did not view them negatively. I do believe that a man be can be defended when certain conduct of his cannot, and a man can be defended even when that conduct should be condemned. Here, I do not see myself as even Kevin's defender-- I only stated my view that time will tell if he actually did anything to anyone, and that his ridiculous comments alone were not worthy of collective, utter and irretractable scorn. You apparently disagree. Fine.

My only reason in making the last post was in reaction to how you had seemingly gone from a "I'm just reporting what I have seen" and "thanks for the opinions" poster to a "here's how everyone should feel" (outraged) advocate. The nolemmings in me took immediate notice of being told how I and everyone else should feel. I do not see it as an all or nothing issue, a you're with us or you're agin us proposition. Sorry if you do. Nothing personal intended.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:17 PM
Joe P.

Todd,
Hear here!
Old 05-17-2009, 10:04 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Todd I absolutely changed my position from the start of this thread although I was always outraged by the comments.

I no doubt have become very disappointed that it seems a select few were spending more time discussing the merits of private emails on the board to the logistics of how could Kevin pull off said fraud.

I just felt that was very silly to me and a complete sideline from the obvious. Which to me all along was why would any honest person make such outlandish claims lie or no lie.

Especially to a community which has for the most part has opened their arms to Kevin.

It just made me scratch my head I’m very opinionated on this so if I was rough in my position I apologize Todd.

Hope you can understand where I’m coming from.

John

P.S. As a guy Kevin has so openly had a beef with, this also felt very close to home so naturally I was disappointed and angry.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:41 PM
Todd Schultz

no problems here John. No apology needed at all, and I do see where you're coming from.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:23 AM
Rich Klein

Default Let's Lock this thread at this point

Nothing more is to be gained.

Rich
Old 05-18-2009, 06:16 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Yes, now that we're all in agreement with the very sentiment John laid out in the very first post it's probably a good time to lock this -- 3000 posts later.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:06 AM
Bob.T*th

Default Please don't

I'm a glutton for punishment. Please continue. Both barrels.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:15 AM
Frank Wakefield

I was discussing the email system with the new board, I don't know it it is that to which you refer... For me, that is more important than graded cards. So whether someone slid something by a slabbing company falls quite short of raising outrage in me. Steer clear of graded cards if the grading shortcomings are a problem.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:21 AM
Joe P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
Yes, now that we're all in agreement with the very sentiment John laid out in the very first post it's probably a good time to lock this -- 3000 posts later.
Surely you Jest

Regardless of what we might think of him, in an amateurish way, back in the 1980's. Alan Rosen put the hobby on the map.
The above statement, was somewhat, but not quite of a flash back to his style, sometimes copied by attorney's ... not all.
Thanks for the memories.

You may proceed with the memories ....