NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-31-2023, 07:34 PM
Ben North

Default O/T eBay standard envelope

I just sold my first item with this shipping method and have never bought anything using it. When I went to the print postage I did not see an option to just print it directly on an envelope. Am I missing something or do you have to print the label and tape it to the envelope? Thanks for any help.
Old 12-31-2023, 07:42 PM
Dennis

I'm assuming you're talking about printing it onto a sticker label? I typically just print it out on a standard piece of paper cut it out and tape it to the envelope

Sent from my LM-X220 using Tapatalk
Old 12-31-2023, 07:45 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSinneDD View Post
I'm assuming you're talking about printing it onto a sticker label? I typically just print it out on a standard piece of paper cut it out and tape it to the envelope

Thanks, I will also just print and tape. I was hoping I missed the option of just printing directly to the envelope.
Old 12-31-2023, 07:47 PM
Dennis

Just after a quick Google search, I'm sure there is a way to print it directly onto the envelope, but it seems way more difficult than just printing it out cutting it and taping it directly.

Old 12-31-2023, 08:02 PM
Rich v@n He$$

Cut and tape for me as well. Printing might be an option. but I would imagine it would be tough to get many envelopes (bubble mailers in particular) through the printer. I bet you could do it with the proper sized flat envelope and a little bit of experimentation.
Old 12-31-2023, 08:02 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Just after a quick Google search, I'm sure there is a way to print it directly onto the envelope, but it seems way more difficult than just printing it out cutting it and taping it directly.

I was looking for the PWE option.

OK after clicking on purchase. The last popup before you hit print to actually print has the option of changing the setting on the left side so you can print directly on the envelope.

For me I just couldn't get/find that option before I purchased the shipping.

Last edited by bnorth; 12-31-2023 at 08:03 PM.
Old 12-31-2023, 08:05 PM
Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I was looking for the PWE option.

OK after clicking on purchase. The last popup before you hit print to actually print has the option of changing the setting on the left side so you can print directly on the envelope.

For me I just couldn't get/find that option before I purchased the shipping.
Curious to know if it comes out good printing it directly on to an envelope, a lot of the Google searches says it comes out kind of wonky when printed directly onto an envelope. A lot of people download it to a PDF and then adjust the sizing somehow and then print it.

Old 12-31-2023, 08:08 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Curious to know if it comes out good printing it directly on to an envelope, a lot of the Google searches says it comes out kind of wonky when printed directly onto an envelope. A lot of people download it to a PDF and then adjust the sizing somehow and then print it.

I used a #10 envelope and it printed perfectly. I took out all my regular paper. Put in the envelope the way it is shown in my printer tray and slid in the guide bars to the envelope and hit print.
Old 12-31-2023, 08:09 PM
Dennis

Awesome I'm glad it worked out.

Old 12-31-2023, 08:11 PM
Dennis

Assuming I have size 10 envelopes I'm going to have to give this a try on my next eBay standard envelope sale.

Old 12-31-2023, 08:13 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Assuming I have size 10 envelopes I'm going to have to give this a try on my next eBay standard envelope sale.

It showed several different size options for envelopes. A #10 is just what I have.
Old 01-01-2024, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
It showed several different size options for envelopes. A #10 is just what I have.
Ben,

You can just print out the page on normal printer paper and then fold the paper into an envelope. This works great. Just seal the sides after folding.

I also use carboard stiffeners to keep the card from flexing during delivery and have never had an issue. This is a great way to ship cards relatively inexpensively.
Old 01-01-2024, 08:04 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach Wheat View Post
Ben,

You can just print out the page on normal printer paper and then fold the paper into an envelope. This works great. Just seal the sides after folding.

I also use carboard stiffeners to keep the card from flexing during delivery and have never had an issue. This is a great way to ship cards relatively inexpensively.
Almost every time I have received a PWE with "stiffeners" in it. It also had postage due.
Old 01-01-2024, 08:51 AM
N.ate A.dams

Generally if the shipper selects 1 oz, but has a stiffener - there will be postage due (even if under 1oz). In my experience just putting 2oz on it for 21 cents more or something like that (on ebay) eliminates possibility of postage due. 3 oz for 1.11 also is cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2024, 10:38 AM
Robert J. Miller

I also Print on paper and cut it and tape with packaging tape to the envelope. Works great for me. But I will need to try printing directly on the envelope.
Old 01-02-2024, 07:10 AM
Bob M

FFIW

As a seller, I've used the Ebay Standard Envelope shipping method numerous times during the past 12 months. Successful results for USPS delivery tracking have been considerably less than 100% reliable using this shipping method, leaving the seller at risk for potential refunds and/or less-than-positive feedback due to the occasional lack of documented tracking results.

Last edited by Bobmc; 01-02-2024 at 07:15 AM.
Old 01-02-2024, 07:35 AM
Will.i.@m $t@dy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobmc View Post
FFIW

As a seller, I've used the Ebay Standard Envelope shipping method numerous times during the past 12 months. Successful results for USPS delivery tracking have been considerably less than 100% reliable using this shipping method, leaving the seller at risk for potential refunds and/or less-than-positive feedback due to the occasional lack of documented tracking results.
Well eBay has the whole process insured, so should never get any bad feedback left for delivery or tracking issues. If the buyer claims it didn't arrive, you just refund them and file a claim with eBay's insurer. They will reimburse you pretty much right away. It's very low-risk for sellers.

If you want a card, you might not get a deal. If you want a deal, you might not get a card.
Old 01-02-2024, 09:02 AM
Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardPadre View Post
Well eBay has the whole process insured, so should never get any bad feedback left for delivery or tracking issues. If the buyer claims it didn't arrive, you just refund them and file a claim with eBay's insurer. They will reimburse you pretty much right away. It's very low-risk for sellers.
Does a PIP claim for an ESE not being delivered, get filed thru ebay (if so, how?) Or through usps?
Recently got a request for a refund on an ese sale. Buyer was refunded (i was actually left neutral feedback) but i have no idea how to file to get my money back.
Thanks in advance

Last edited by SSinneDD; 01-02-2024 at 09:03 AM.
Old 01-02-2024, 09:07 AM
Will.i.@m $t@dy

Quote:
Does a PIP claim for an ESE not being delivered, get filed thru ebay (if so, how?) Or through usps?
Recently got a request for a refund on an ese sale. Buyer was refunded (i was actually left neutral feedback) but i have no idea how to file to get my money back.
Thanks in advance
It's this link, through eBay. You can almost certainly get that neutral removed if you chat with someone on eBay, I would think. But here's the link and you just have to include some screenshots of the order details and the buyer saying he didn't get it and the tracking number.

https://www.pip-claim.com/PIPClaim/e...reateeBayClaim

If you want a card, you might not get a deal. If you want a deal, you might not get a card.
Old 01-02-2024, 10:16 AM
Dennis

Quote:
It's this link, through eBay. You can almost certainly get that neutral removed if you chat with someone on eBay, I would think. But here's the link and you just have to include some screenshots of the order details and the buyer saying he didn't get it and the tracking number.

https://www.pip-claim.com/PIPClaim/e...reateeBayClaim
Thank you. Will give that a try.
As far as the neutral being removed, i already tried calling ebay to have them remove it, they will not. Its a sellers responsibility all the way until a card is delivered, even if it's lost by the shipper etc.
**you can request a feedback revision by the buyer - i just let it be - neutral doesn't hurt your feedback % score, only negs do**

Old 01-02-2024, 10:30 AM
Will.i.@m $t@dy

Quote:
Thank you. Will give that a try.
As far as the neutral being removed, i already tried calling ebay to have them remove it, they will not. Its a sellers responsibility all the way until a card is delivered, even if it's lost by the shipper etc.
**you can request a feedback revision by the buyer - i just let it be - neutral doesn't hurt your feedback % score, only negs do**

Yeah, I guess a neutral is just whatever. What is the furthest that item ever showed in the tracking status, was it scanned at some point in the journey or just never appeared in the system?

Old 01-02-2024, 12:26 PM
Dennis

Quote:
Yeah, I guess a neutral is just whatever. What is the furthest that item ever showed in the tracking status, was it scanned at some point in the journey or just never appeared in the system?
Side note- Sorry for hijacking OP thread.

The buyer did wait 2 weeks past delivery date, so I appreciated that.

OCT 11 was last info I got from tracking-

Oct 11, 2023
11:29pm
Origin Processing
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94188

Oct 11, 2023
10:23pm
In Transit
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94188

Oct 10, 2023
7:16pm
Tracking number provided
Old 01-02-2024, 12:39 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Side note- Sorry for hijacking OP thread.

The buyer did wait 2 weeks past delivery date, so I appreciated that.

OCT 11 was last info I got from tracking-

Oct 11, 2023
11:29pm
Origin Processing
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94188

Oct 11, 2023
10:23pm
In Transit
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94188

Oct 10, 2023
7:16pm
Tracking number provided
All added info is way more than welcome.

Don't worry about neutral or even negative feedback. At most maybe 1% of eBayers care about it. It has always been a joke for most. I guarantee if a seller with a feedback of 3 with only 15% being positive. People would line up to bid on a card they are selling if they "need" it.
Old 01-02-2024, 02:19 PM
Gary

A plea....please DONT USE ebay standard envelope. or at least give an option for proper tracking.

From a buyers perspective, I HATE the ebay standard envelope. I actively go out of my way to avoid buying from sellers who use it.

The tracking doesn't work, they seem to take twice as long to get to me and 50% of them never arrive.

I kind of see the point of using it for a $1 card. But if I order a $20 card in decent condition to fill out a hole in a set, I'm happy to pay an extra buck or two for proper tracking.
Old 01-02-2024, 02:35 PM
Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKCardGuy View Post
A plea....please DONT USE ebay standard envelope. or at least give an option for proper tracking.

From a buyers perspective, I HATE the ebay standard envelope. I actively go out of my way to avoid buying from sellers who use it.

The tracking doesn't work, they seem to take twice as long to get to me and 50% of them never arrive.

I kind of see the point of using it for a $1 card. But if I order a $20 card in decent condition to fill out a hole in a set, I'm happy to pay an extra buck or two for proper tracking.
Oh I agree 100%, I'm not a big fan of the eBay standard envelope. These were for $5 cards, anything closer to $20 I usually just charge them a buck or two and then cover the rest

Old 01-02-2024, 02:44 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKCardGuy View Post

Now I will have to go look to see if you can offer multiple ways to ship. EDITED to add I looked and you can offer multiple shipping options. Been on eBay for 25 years and never noticed that. Now to go edit listings.

I agree and just recently decided to sell some $10 or less cards on eBay and figured I would try it for them.

If 50% never arrive it is because they never got sent IMHO. Like many others I have sent 100s of cards in a PWE(not eBay) and never had one not arrive.

Last edited by bnorth; 01-02-2024 at 02:51 PM.