NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-03-2017, 09:56 PM
Mark Macrae

Default Sacramento Sports Collectors show Saturday January 7th

This Saturday (January 7) there will be a sports collectors show at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, 5321 Date Avenue (Just off I-80 / Madison) in Sacramento. Show runs from 9 am - 4 pm. The show is one of the better shows in the Central Valley, attracting a growing number of vintage collectors and exhibitors. I will be set up with Alan O'Connor and Andy Bowers. We'll have a mixture of old and new, PCL and Major League, cards pins and programs. Sacratomato-ites please stop by and say hello.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:07 PM
Mike Mattsey

Can't wait to go!
Old 01-05-2017, 09:12 PM
Jim H

Mark,

Thanks for the heads up, I would have forgotten about it if you didn't send out this reminder.

Jim
Old 01-06-2017, 08:32 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

This is the reason we see these kinds of notices for shows appear on the front page. If it helps 1 of our members it is a good thing. If it helps more, it's better ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimtigers65 View Post
Mark,

Thanks for the heads up, I would have forgotten about it if you didn't send out this reminder.

Jim
Old 01-06-2017, 09:15 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Very helpful. I wish I had time to go.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 01-06-2017, 09:29 AM
Keith
ke.ith tem.ple

Default Sorry to say I am on the other side of the sierras

And with these storms rolling in...maybe next time!
...whatever I want
Old 01-06-2017, 12:27 PM
Jay Cee

Last West Coast show I've been to was the Aniheim National. Would love to make it out to this show next year where you can see and buy PCL items!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2284.jpg (53.2 KB, 139 views)
Old 01-06-2017, 12:38 PM
Rich Klein

JC:

From what I hear, and Mark can correct me if I'm incorrect, the Washington Club show each summer is perfect for your needs

Rich
Old 01-06-2017, 08:46 PM
Marvellous Mark

MM

Looking forward to driving over in the predicted apocalyptic driving rainstorm. See you in the morning!

MM
Old 01-06-2017, 09:51 PM
Mark Macrae

Mike,Jim and Mark...Look forward to seeing you tomorrow.I'm leaving at 5 so I should make it before the monsoon starts......JC- the WSSCA show in Washington and St Leanders (Bay Area) shows would be better for PCL material. Both are held in June and November....Rich- Good luck with your show next week, and Mark...not to worry; Sacramento can handle 10 inches of rain from this storm, though I wouldn't want to be in Yuba City come Monday morning....
Old 01-06-2017, 09:58 PM

Default Enjoy the show!

Mark and other West Coast PCL collectors have a great show!

Maybe someday I'll make it to the West Coast on my way to fish in Alaska.

Still looking for a nice 1912 Claude Berry Zeenut and a 1912 Ralph Kreitz HRK.

Enjoy,

Patrick
Old 01-07-2017, 02:17 AM
Doug Goodman

I'm driving from Chico to LA tomorrow, so planning to stop at the show, unless Noah picks the the lovely wife and myself to join him on his ark...
Old 01-07-2017, 03:39 AM
Rich Klein

I just wanted to say -- when I (We) began the Adat Chaverim non profit show run 2x a year -- Mark spent hours on the phone with me, explaining many of the aspects of doing a non-profit show. And yes, there are significant differences between a show for profit and a show to benefit a non-profit.

I have tried to remember whatever Mark taught me and we are entering our fourth year in March!

Rich

Last edited by Rich Klein; 01-07-2017 at 03:40 AM.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:27 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

If there is another show in Sac'to please post the details as far in advance as possible so I can plan a flight.

Or does the promoter have a web site?

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 01-08-2017 at 10:27 AM.
Old 01-08-2017, 11:08 AM
L@rry T1p+0n

I'll post a review of this show as I was in attendance and of course always great to catch up with Mark M. It's been raining for the past couple of days but attendance seemed pretty strong to me.
No real big pick-ups for me but it's always good to thumb through some cardboard
I bought quite a few '65 Topps leaders cards for my dupes box including four #1 AL Batting leaders, one #2 NL Batting Leaders w Clemente and Aaron, one #3 AL HR Leaders w Mantle, two #4 NL HR Leaders w Mays, and some others too. Also '61 NL HR Leaders w Banks, Aaron, Mathews and then '64 Topps #7 NL Batting Leaders w Clemente and Aaron.
In a "bargain box" I actually found four hits to my '63 Post set and one hit to my '63 Jello set. $1 cards included three '59 Topps high numbers, and '61 Fleer #1 card w Baker Cobb and Wheat and the checklist on the back. Also a couple of low grade '52 '53 Mothers cookies for $2 each which I don't really collect.
One dealer had stacks of PSA graded cards $5 each I bought a 1958 Topps NY/SF Giants team card PSA 2 for my son a Giants fan, dealer had to be losing money on these?
Finally dealer had a stack of '69-'70 Topps basketball tall boys at $1 each I offered $20 for the stack (all commons) and we agreed $25 for 43 different or .58c each.
Again a good time and fun to get my hands on some cardboard.
Larry
Old 01-08-2017, 11:58 AM
Mark Macrae

It was nice to see a strong turnout yesterday, especially due to the forecast storms, and several collectors traveling more than 100 miles to get there. Each one seems to get a bit stronger. Most of the regulars showed up. The promoters (Steve and Chris) do a good job 'balancing' the selection, considering there are only 40 tables available. Next show is scheduled for March 18th. I'll post a blurb that week. Andy Bowers will not be able to make that show due to a prior commitment, but Alan O'Connor and myself should be there..... Adam , this show is not public transit friendly. Its probably 15 miles from the Sacto airport, but if you're renting a car its all freeways, and they move slightly faster than the 8 MPH So Cal freeways that you're used to...