NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-10-2002, 05:59 AM
Administrator

Default E99 question , 2 poses, same guy/

Posted By: leon

Hey Folks,
I was going to bid on the E99 last night on ebay before it went to a stupid level in pricing (my opinion only). The question is are there different poses of the same people in the series? I have never heard of this before. I am getting one (the card is in the mail) of HITT/E99 and it is completely different from the one last night? Also, what are ya''lls opinions on the toughest color backs and/or toughest poses?

C:\Documents and Settings\lluckey\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK3C\e99e100.jpeg

Old 12-10-2002, 08:08 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark Macrae

Leon...Your beloved SGC made a mistake. The card on Ebay was an E-100,Type 1, clearly distinguishable on the front by a different font. Additionally, three other factors should be able to help you, SGC, or others determine the differences.........1).... On E-99 backs there is no mention of the company name..On E-100-1 the company name will be just under the checklist....2).. The checklists are different between E-99 & E-100....A cursory glance in the Beckett Almanac & Krause Standard Catalog should verify this... 3) Despite popular belief E-99's are noticeably shorter than E-100. I've owned several hundred from each series & while there are a significant number of size variances (LIKE EVERY OTHER E CARD SET OUT THERE), the only time I've ever seen or owned a similarly sized E-99 & E-100 is when the E-100 was clearly trimmed.... The Ebay seller also mis-stated other facts on Bishops... E-99 can be found with the following background colors (Red, Green, Gold, Blue, Purple, Pink *,& one card has been seen with a black background). The pink background is likely supposed to be a red card which had pigment problems during production. It should also be noted that there are subtle hue variances within each color for all of the Bishop issues. For E-100 Type 1 the background colors known are (Red, Yellow, Green,Blue, Purple). E-100 Type 2 are known with orange or green backgrounds. Additionally the E-100-2 have blank backs (Although most seen have been found with notations written on the backs)... Hope this helps....

Old 12-10-2002, 08:32 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Darn SGC....I hate it when my pick of grading companies makes mistakes....If I would have seen the back I would have known as I do know the Bishop & Co. name is on the E100's and not the E99's. That is the first, and easiest way, for me telling them apart without having a checklist in front of me...although, on this one it would not have mattered as Hitt is in both sets.....I also know that the E99's are shorter as the display I made for mine have the E99's and then the E100's right next to them...and yes the E99's are definitely shorter...thanks again for sharing your wealth of info....take care and best regards.....

Old 12-10-2002, 09:28 AM
Administrator

Posted By: runscott

He would have replied "what d'ya mean, his back is showing!?!"