NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-16-2012, 10:30 AM
PeterB

Default Add these variations to T205 Master List?

There a 2 variations that Andrew (Pup6913) has found and documented and has been widely discussed on this site:

Doc’ white

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...highlight=t205

Graham Boston blue & black signatures

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...highlight=t205

Since a Master T205 list is in the process of being created, should we include these?

I personally agree with Andrew and these print differences should be accounted for. To my eyes, the Blue/Black Graham signature is more easy to determine then the Black/Green Broadleaf backs.

Since this is not a PSA or SCG master list but a T205resources master list, should these be included?

Also, I thought there was also a minor Phelps difference like a missing " but I can not find that thread and could be wrong.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:54 PM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

It is T205 related so they should be added somewhere. What does everyone else think?
Old 11-16-2012, 11:23 PM
Marc

As I've mentioned in several of the other threads that discuss this topic, I believe that any variation in the artwork or text of the card must be considered as a separate entry on the master list. FYI, here is a link to the thread I started on the John Miller card as I didn't see this link referenced on either of the current threads on this topic:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=127161

I have still never seen an explanation as to why this one isn't widely recognized a variation as it seems to meet all the criteria that anybody has set forth. A master list is just that...a COMPLETE list of all "different" cards in the set.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:30 AM
Steve Birmingham

Since it's a resource for collectors at any level from beginner to expert maybe a different approach would be good.

Some of the Stamp catalogs have a tiered approach.
Basic listing
Listing of major widely collected varieties
Listing of specialized varieties.

So for T205,
Basic checklist
Master list including widely recognized varieties (Listed by TPG or the big book)
A third list of variations/varieties that are known but not widely recognized.

The added benefits are
Avoiding the whole "what's a variation" argument
If a variation/variety becomes widely recognized it can simply be moved into the proper list.
If it's listed on the site as known but not recognized with scans maybe that recognition will happen sooner.

The downside is that once TPG recognizes it the price may change. And anyone who hasn't found one yet may not like that.

Steve B