NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 10-07-2017, 05:50 PM
mikemb mikemb is offline
Mike Lenart
member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Garwood, NJ
Posts: 123
Default

Not sure how my Rangers will do. Seems like a lot of new faces. Goal is to make playoffs and then anything is possible. Mike
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-07-2017, 09:50 PM
irv's Avatar
irv irv is offline
D@le Irv*n
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Ontario, Canada.
Posts: 3,235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemb View Post
Not sure how my Rangers will do. Seems like a lot of new faces. Goal is to make playoffs and then anything is possible. Mike
Not to rub salt in the wound but the Leafs are looking like a pretty decent team!

I am not planning out the parade route just yet but with last year and now the way this season is starting off, they are fun to watch again.

Pretty happy for my wife's cousin, James Neal getting the first ever goal for the Golden Knights. Getting the second one, or both goals in their win put a big smile on my face as well.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-08-2017, 08:25 AM
Prof_Plum Prof_Plum is offline
bi11h00d
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 186
Default

Blackhawks play Toronto on Monday. Both teams have scored 15 goals in their first two games.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-08-2017, 09:21 AM
mikemb mikemb is offline
Mike Lenart
member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Garwood, NJ
Posts: 123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Not to rub salt in the wound but the Leafs are looking like a pretty decent team!

I am not planning out the parade route just yet but with last year and now the way this season is starting off, they are fun to watch again.

Pretty happy for my wife's cousin, James Neal getting the first ever goal for the Golden Knights. Getting the second one, or both goals in their win put a big smile on my face as well.

Well the Rangers - Toronto game last night was very entertaining! I hope Toronto has a good year and goes far in the playoffs. I do like watching them and always root for James van Riemsdyk from my home state of NJ. Mike
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-08-2017, 11:31 AM
samosa4u's Avatar
samosa4u samosa4u is offline
member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Toronto
Posts: 138
Default

I try not to get too carried away during the regular season, because I know that the playoffs are a totally different thing. A lot of teams that kick butt during the regular season end up choking in the playoffs.

It's nice to see the Leafs winning some games now, but with their current D-men, they will probably get eliminated in the first round again. I like Morgan Rielly, but the other guys are just useless. They need a top 4 D-man.
__________________
Always looking to buy or trade for vintage hockey, soccer, boxing and non-sports.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-08-2017, 06:26 PM
irv's Avatar
irv irv is offline
D@le Irv*n
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Ontario, Canada.
Posts: 3,235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
I try not to get too carried away during the regular season, because I know that the playoffs are a totally different thing. A lot of teams that kick butt during the regular season end up choking in the playoffs.

It's nice to see the Leafs winning some games now, but with their current D-men, they will probably get eliminated in the first round again. I like Morgan Rielly, but the other guys are just useless. They need a top 4 D-man.
Especially those that win the Presidents Trophy.

I am the same, Rielly is good but that's about as far as it goes. Gardiner, although he can be good at times, has far too many brain cramps and does stupid sh*t all the time!
Personally, I am not sure how he has stuck with the club but Bab's must see something he likes or can work with? \

And yes, far to early, like I mentioned above, about planning the parade route just yet, with any team.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-09-2017, 06:39 PM
irv's Avatar
irv irv is offline
D@le Irv*n
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Ontario, Canada.
Posts: 3,235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof_Plum View Post
Blackhawks play Toronto on Monday. Both teams have scored 15 goals in their first two games.
17 for the Hawks and only 2 against. They're showing Toronto's weakness on defense tonight and if it wasn't for Andersen, it could easily be 4-5 nothing right now!

I am torn. Do I watch the Leafs get their butts kicked or watch the Indians kick the Yankees butts?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-10-2017, 08:35 PM
irv's Avatar
irv irv is offline
D@le Irv*n
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Ontario, Canada.
Posts: 3,235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
17 for the Hawks and only 2 against. They're showing Toronto's weakness on defense tonight and if it wasn't for Andersen, it could easily be 4-5 nothing right now!

I am torn. Do I watch the Leafs get their butts kicked or watch the Indians kick the Yankees butts?
Well, I was wrong on both games.

I was switching back and forth but mainly watching the ballgame. When the score got out of reach, I switched back to the hockey game just in time to watch Mathews get that beautiful goal!

What a great hockey player he is turning out to be!
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:11 AM.


ebay GSB