NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 10-06-2017, 10:16 PM
KEVIN MIZE

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
Alright, let's talk some basketball!

Lonzo Ball - what are your predictions? He did pretty well in the Summer League, but that was against other rookies. What's going to happen when he starts playing against the big boys? He obviously makes others around him perform better because he loves passing the ball, but how will he contribute points-wise? I think people are taking it too far when they call him "the face of the franchise for the next 10 years." Will he win RC of the Year? Can be beat Ben Simmons and Markelle Fultz?
I hope this punk falls flat on his face....His dad is complete garbage, and a complete thug....

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 10-06-2017 at 10:22 PM.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:22 PM
KEVIN MIZE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
He's only 19 and in today's world that's still a kid. Plus this is an exceptionally dominant Dad.
And a douche bag.....
Old 10-06-2017, 10:22 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 View Post
This guy makes me sick to my stomach....Why does ESPN constantly show him? I dont get it...
High profile kid with some genuine talent, why not?
Old 10-06-2017, 10:25 PM
KEVIN MIZE

Quote:
High profile kid with some genuine talent, why not?
Not talking about him Pete, his miserable and despicable father....
Old 10-06-2017, 10:25 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
And you don't think their asshole Dad still doesn't control them? Man....Please....He is a piece of garbage....
I don't see any reason to believe Richard controls them. Yes he was very overprotective and probably overbearing as a father-coach, but they both seem to be fine young women as well as phenomenal tennis players so I don't see the negativity here.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:28 PM
KEVIN MIZE

Quote:
I don't see any reason to believe Richard controls them. Yes he was very overprotective and probably overbearing as a father-coach, but they both seem to be fine young women as well as phenomenal tennis players so I don't see the negativity here.
My bad, Yes, I was talking about him....He treats the media and other people like garbage...

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 10-06-2017 at 10:33 PM.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:13 PM
Raymond Culpepper

Quote:
My bad, Yes, I was talking about him....He treats the media and other people like garbage...

...has he even announced that he's running?

MY BIG CONCERNS ABOUT AMERICA:

Internally- We spend too much time assuring our rights without learning the responsibilities that should accompany them.
Externally - No matter how much we claim to take the higher moral ground, we have neither respected nor attempted to understand other cultures.
Old 10-07-2017, 08:03 AM
Scott Russell

How does the whole world not realize they are being played by Lamar Ball? Have you listened to his kids? They were raised right. They are humble, soft-spoken and respectful to the utmost. The only way to make that jibe with the public persona of Lamar is to realize that the public persona is just that, an act, a highly successful act. An act that, if everyone stopped paying attention to it, would end quite quickly. If this was the real Lamar Ball his kids would be the same way. My hat's off to him for playing the game so well and raising good kids.
Great experience buying from edjs and mybuddyinc. Check out my ebay store, weird, eclectic, accurate, and reasonable! http://stores.ebay.com/Aquarian-Sports-Cards Also check out http://www.birminghamauctioneers.com
Old 10-08-2017, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
My hat's off to him for playing the game so well and raising good kids.
+1

Look at the other NBA players with all their tattoos and bad attitude. The Ball brothers are good boys.
Old 10-09-2017, 01:56 AM
Rob Anderson

I hope Lonzo does well.

On another note, why didn't the summer tournaments tell Lavar Ball to take a hike. If I was a tournament director, I would have told him that we weren't interested in his antics after the first walkout. What does that teach the kids? If you don't get your way, have a tantrum and then quit? Wonderful.