NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Hockey / Basketball / Tennis Cards Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #371  
Old 08-08-2017, 08:01 AM
jb217676's Avatar
jb217676 jb217676 is offline
JB
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The 6
Posts: 2,315
Default

Here's a bunch of other Orr Items I picked up along with my Fan Club Pass. All were acquired in person at my buddy's house outside of Toronto, can't beat that!

1968 Bauer Hockey Skates Bobby Orr Promotional Photo
1970-71 Bobby Orr Team Issued Card
1973 Bobby Orr Official Fan Club Patch
1973 Charles Linnett Studios, Inc. Bobby Orr Promotional Photo (Postcard Size)
1975 Charles Linnett Studios, Inc. Bobby Orr Photo (Postcard Size)
Bill Heindl Benefit Hockey Game Program (Winnipeg Arena Friday, April 25, 1980) Bobby Orr Cover Photo
"An Evening With Bobby Orr" Charity Banquet Ticket (Thursday, April 17, 1997)
1971-72 Pepsi Promotional Mail Away Premium Bobby Orr Booklet
__________________
My collection can be viewed at http://imageevent.com/jeffintoronto

Always looking for interesting Baseball & Hockey postcards!

Last edited by jb217676; 08-08-2017 at 08:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #372  
Old 08-08-2017, 10:00 AM
Exhibitman's Avatar
Exhibitman Exhibitman is offline
Ad@m W@r$h@w
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Beautiful Downtown Burbank
Posts: 5,975
Default

From the National:







__________________
Please visit my web site: www.americasgreatboxingcards.com
I believe that the immaturity, social deficits and emotional deficiencies that unite us are so much greater than the political gulf that divides us.
So... move out of your studio apartment! And try speaking to a real live woman, and GROW THE HELL UP! I mean, it's just baseball cards dammit, IT'S JUST BASEBALL CARDS!
Reply With Quote
  #373  
Old 08-08-2017, 05:06 PM
irv's Avatar
irv irv is offline
D@le Irv*n
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Ontario, Canada.
Posts: 3,235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb217676 View Post
Here's a bunch of other Orr Items I picked up along with my Fan Club Pass. All were acquired in person at my buddy's house outside of Toronto, can't beat that!

1968 Bauer Hockey Skates Bobby Orr Promotional Photo
1970-71 Bobby Orr Team Issued Card
1973 Bobby Orr Official Fan Club Patch
1973 Charles Linnett Studios, Inc. Bobby Orr Promotional Photo (Postcard Size)
1975 Charles Linnett Studios, Inc. Bobby Orr Photo (Postcard Size)
Bill Heindl Benefit Hockey Game Program (Winnipeg Arena Friday, April 25, 1980) Bobby Orr Cover Photo
"An Evening With Bobby Orr" Charity Banquet Ticket (Thursday, April 17, 1997)
1971-72 Pepsi Promotional Mail Away Premium Bobby Orr Booklet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
From the National:
Great P/U's again, Jeff and Adam!! I'm envious!
Reply With Quote
  #374  
Old 08-10-2017, 06:45 AM
jb217676's Avatar
jb217676 jb217676 is offline
JB
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The 6
Posts: 2,315
Default

Thanks Dale! Here's something else you might enjoy. It's a beautiful 1955 Type I Photo of Bobby Hull with the St. Catharines Teepees. The following note was hand written on the back, maybe by the photographer:

Lil Bobby Hull - Oct 6/55
Pilous (at the time coached the Teepees - future coach of the Blackhawks) knew he'd make a big splash his first day in TP's camp
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1955 Bobby Hull Type I Photograph.jpg (76.8 KB, 202 views)
File Type: jpg 1955 Bobby Hull Type I Photograph Back.jpg (71.7 KB, 206 views)
__________________
My collection can be viewed at http://imageevent.com/jeffintoronto

Always looking for interesting Baseball & Hockey postcards!
Reply With Quote
  #375  
Old 08-10-2017, 08:07 PM
irv's Avatar
irv irv is offline
D@le Irv*n
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Ontario, Canada.
Posts: 3,235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb217676 View Post
Thanks Dale! Here's something else you might enjoy. It's a beautiful 1955 Type I Photo of Bobby Hull with the St. Catharines Teepees. The following note was hand written on the back, maybe by the photographer:

Lil Bobby Hull - Oct 6/55
Pilous (at the time coached the Teepees - future coach of the Blackhawks) knew he'd make a big splash his first day in TP's camp
Great pic and another great P/U, Jeff!

Way to go!
Reply With Quote
  #376  
Old 08-11-2017, 04:48 PM
Peter_Spaeth's Avatar
Peter_Spaeth Peter_Spaeth is offline
Peter Spaeth
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 11,194
Default

Messier pre-rookie postcard.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg messier.jpg (74.5 KB, 184 views)
__________________
Buy high, sell low.
Reply With Quote
  #377  
Old 08-18-2017, 08:59 PM
jb217676's Avatar
jb217676 jb217676 is offline
JB
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The 6
Posts: 2,315
Default

Here's my latest hockey pick-up. It's a Charlie Conacher Awards Dinner Program from June 5, 1980. Cover includes an early career signature of Wayne Gretzky, who was honoured that evening as the winner of the Conacher award. Gordie Howe and Bob Gainey signed the inside back cover (don't know who the third signature belongs to).
__________________
My collection can be viewed at http://imageevent.com/jeffintoronto

Always looking for interesting Baseball & Hockey postcards!

Last edited by jb217676; 08-18-2017 at 08:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #378  
Old 08-21-2017, 10:10 PM
jad22 jad22 is offline
Joe D
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb217676 View Post
Here's my latest hockey pick-up. It's a Charlie Conacher Awards Dinner Program from June 5, 1980. Cover includes an early career signature of Wayne Gretzky, who was honoured that evening as the winner of the Conacher award. Gordie Howe and Bob Gainey signed the inside back cover (don't know who the third signature belongs to).
Bill Davis. Former Premier of Ontario is your unknown signature.

Last edited by jad22; 08-26-2017 at 02:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #379  
Old 08-26-2017, 06:25 AM
jb217676's Avatar
jb217676 jb217676 is offline
JB
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The 6
Posts: 2,315
Default

Picked up a few more items from my buddies massive Orr collection I posted earlier:

1968-69 Shirriff Coins BOS. #5 Bobby Orr
1970-71 Colgate Toothpaste Partial Stamp Sheet. Includes Bobby Orr
1972 Canada Cup Media Photograph of Bobby Orr
1972-73 Sculptured Wall Plaque - Bobby Orr Fan Club Light, Pursed Lips Variation (Large Name On Bottom)
1977-78 Coca-Cola Mini Card of Bobby Orr
__________________
My collection can be viewed at http://imageevent.com/jeffintoronto

Always looking for interesting Baseball & Hockey postcards!
Reply With Quote
  #380  
Old 08-27-2017, 01:32 PM
jb217676's Avatar
jb217676 jb217676 is offline
JB
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The 6
Posts: 2,315
Default

It's getting real tough to find hockey postcards with hall of fame players so I'm real happy a buddy of mine made these available to me. Nothing beats picking up your stuff in person!

• 1907-08 Pembroke Debating Club Hockey Team RPPC. Includes Hall Of Famer Frank Nighbor (Misspelled "Neighbor")
• 1908 Pembroke Lumber Kings Team Postcard. Includes Hall Of Famer Hugh Lehman (Goalie)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1908 Pembroke Debating Club Hockey Team RPPC.jpg (76.6 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg Frank Nighbor.jpg (15.5 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg 1908 Pembroke Lumber Kings Postcard.jpg (78.9 KB, 97 views)
__________________
My collection can be viewed at http://imageevent.com/jeffintoronto

Always looking for interesting Baseball & Hockey postcards!

Last edited by jb217676; 08-27-2017 at 01:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Some Recent Autograph Acquisitions JimStinson Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports 3 09-26-2015 03:43 PM
Cooperstown report and BB card acquisitions tedzan Net54baseball Vintage (Pre-WWII) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 40 08-02-2010 10:40 PM
Looking back -Five most important acquisitions - 2008 Archive Net54baseball Vintage (Pre-WWII) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 82 02-26-2009 06:12 PM
Recent acquisitions Archive Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used 31 08-10-2007 05:10 PM
O/T new acquisitions Archive Net54baseball Vintage (Pre-WWII) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 5 05-15-2005 09:10 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:59 AM.


ebay GSB