NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Old 08-04-2017, 03:10 AM

For any fellow Judge Collectors, some recent pickups that've been exciting additions to mine and my son's Judge Collection. Frazier, Sanchez, Severino, and Bird (we are hoping for a healthy return to 1B) also have some great-looking cards. Still looking for the Judge 1/1s from Heritage and Archives; hard to find, but leads to lots of ripping wax, which is always fun.

Last edited by MattyC; 08-04-2017 at 03:45 AM.
Old 08-04-2017, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Even as a Red Sox fan I have nothing against Judge and wish him well (in his other games), my issue is only with the frenzy that some people seemed to be in after just a couple of good months, which means very little in baseball.
He is having a historic rookie season. Only 2 rookies have won MVP. Ichiro (OPS+126) and Fred Lynn (OPS+ 162). Judge (OPS+ 170) is at worst top 2 in the MVP race. If you have an issue with hype, it should be over Andrew Benintendi, the next Ted Williams, earlier in the season or Rafael Devers, already better than Judge after 8 games.
Old 08-08-2017, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
For any fellow Judge Collectors, some recent pickups that've been exciting additions to mine and my son's Judge Collection. Frazier, Sanchez, Severino, and Bird (we are hoping for a healthy return to 1B) also have some great-looking cards. Still looking for the Judge 1/1s from Heritage and Archives; hard to find, but leads to lots of ripping wax, which is always fun.

You are a great Dad, sharing your passion with your son, right on!!!
Old 08-08-2017, 09:41 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rats60 View Post
He is having a historic rookie season. Only 2 rookies have won MVP. Ichiro (OPS+126) and Fred Lynn (OPS+ 162). Judge (OPS+ 170) is at worst top 2 in the MVP race. If you have an issue with hype, it should be over Andrew Benintendi, the next Ted Williams, earlier in the season or Rafael Devers, already better than Judge after 8 games.
I agree it's way premature on them too. But that's Boston for you. It wasn't long ago we were anointing Will Middlebrooks, and then Travis Shaw.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 08-08-2017 at 09:45 AM.
Old 08-11-2017, 06:17 PM
D@le Irv*n

Had the opportunity to watch Judge and the Yankees take on the Blue Jays the last few nights and unfortunately for Judge, he is still struggling since the All Star break.

I believe, IIRC, he only had 1 double (his only hit) in the series? What surprised me the most, was the amount of strikes he took just watching them go by. Even I, a Blue Jays fan, was saying, swing when I could see a hittable ball coming his way, but he just watched them into the catcher's mitt.

It's his 27th consecutive game with a strikeout The record for positional players is 32.

I am not sure the story nor the reasons why, but for him, and baseball, I sure hope he is able to turn it around.
Old 08-13-2017, 04:10 PM
D@le Irv*n

Who's Aaron Judge anyways? What about Justin Smoak?

Hit his 32 HR today, is batting .300, is a switch hitter, like Mantle, is a solid first baseman, has a gorgeous wife and looks like Johnny Hopp.

He does have a few RC's, but nothing like Judge does, so, being since his RC's are more scarce, they should hold better value, no?

All kidding aside, I am happy to see a player turn things around like he has.
I don't know for sure, but I am pretty sure the Jays were looking to trade him before the season started this year based on his last couple mediocre seasons with the Jays.
He has had a great season, and the Jays would be in a worst position than they are (chasing a wild card spot) if it weren't for him.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2007-UD-USA-J...YAAOSw0j9ZOIwc
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Smoak's wife.jpg (55.6 KB, 232 views)
File Type: jpg Johnny Hopp.jpg (69.5 KB, 232 views)
File Type: jpg Justin Smoak.jpg (72.7 KB, 229 views)
Old 08-13-2017, 09:08 PM
Peter Spaeth

Two more Ks for Judge so far tonight. And he is down to .288. The only positive sign recently is that he is walking quite a bit which suggests he is not swinging at bad pitches, and is also keeping his OBP and OPS up.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:04 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Perhaps the comparisons to Babe Ruth were a little premature. Not like Yankee fans though to get a little carried away. Usually very calm and understated.
Old 08-14-2017, 11:41 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

He's been profoundly depressed since learning that his home runs in the Home Run Derby don't count.

PURVEYOR OF NUMEROLOGICAL INSIGHT ON NET54

519/1000 Monster Number --- WHAT'S YOUR MONSTER NUMBER?

Update your MN today. Don't risk the consequences.

Over*600* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-17.
Over 229 satisfied Board members served.
Thank you all.

Are you a T206 Insider?

Only 37.10% crazy based on recent polling data.
Old 08-14-2017, 01:18 PM
Scott Russell

Judge was barely a top 100 prospect for most of his minor league career. There are reasons for that. We are now seeing those reasons.
Great experience buying from edjs and mybuddyinc. Check out my ebay store, weird, eclectic, accurate, and reasonable! http://stores.ebay.com/Aquarian-Sports-Cards Also check out http://www.birminghamauctioneers.com