NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-18-2013, 11:37 AM

Default Any good stuff in French Quarter?

I'm visiting New Orleans and was wondering if any of these antique shops might have interesting sports stuff. Anyone know?

Thanks,
Tim
Old 01-18-2013, 01:23 PM
Glenn
Glen.n Sch.ey-d

You might find a couple of things on Royal Street, but you're not going to find a bargain there.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:53 PM
$cotty @.utin

New Orleans is picked over pretty well. Just spend your time enjoying the food, music, and drink....it's alot less frustrating.

Piano bars are always my favorite.

Vintage Army Football Collection
http://www.wix.com/armyautin/vintage-army-football
Old 01-18-2013, 02:12 PM
Rob

Default Maspero's

Go to Maspero's and order the fried calamari...

www.pierremasperosrestaurant.com/history.html
Old 01-18-2013, 02:45 PM
Glenn
Glen.n Sch.ey-d

I love Maspero's, but it'll be a long time before I order calamari again, anywhere.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...tml?ref=topbar
Old 01-18-2013, 04:28 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default Cajun Cabin

Go to the Cajun Cabin and ask for a table on the balcony. You can look down on Bourbon street while enjoying a top notch meal with great service. Blackened redfish, etoufee, oysters and a hurricane or two.

I have been to the quarter many times and I haven't found any cards. There are a couple of shops in town but I haven't taken the time to find them. There is a nice card show just outside of New Orleans around the first of the month with a couple of friendly, reasonably priced pre-war dealers. (Edited to say - the dealers aren't reasonably priced but their cards are.)

Good luck!

Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.

Last edited by buymycards; 01-19-2013 at 08:00 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:12 PM

I had a GREAT time the last time I visited New Orleans. It was post-Katrina. Wish I could have seen it in its original state. Didn't see any baseball stuff but there were pretty cool stores with lots of weird stuff.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:14 PM
Dave.Horn.ish

The French Quarter is great-haven't been in about three yers, maybe a little longer. Glad to see they are coming back in NOLA and having the Super Bowl there will be good for the town as always. Watch a little "Treme" to get in the mood.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:14 PM

I go to New Orleans every spring for the Jazz Fest and always stay in the French Quarter. The French Quarter post-Katrina is as great as it was before the hurricane hit. Unfortunately you aren't going to find any pre-war cards in any shop. In fact, Louisiana in general is a barren waste land for finding pre-war cards. You would think that with all the Coupon, Victory, etc. cards that there would be finds all the time but in the past 30 years there have been only two major finds which I am aware of, one the 80's Coupon (T213) find and the other the recent T207 Red Cross and other cards find.
If you have some time and want to see and listen to great music, go during the last weekend of April and first weekend of May to the Jazz Fest. This year besides the great local bands, Billy Joel, Fleetwood Mac, John Mayer, B.B. King, Maroon 5, Dave Matthews Band and other great groups will be there.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:52 PM
Andy Garden

Beware of the Hurricanes and the Hand Grenades (drinks). They go down really well, but they can really hit like a hammer! I went to NO when I was in my early twenties and enjoyed the place too much. Have fun!

Best,

Andy