NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-27-2009, 05:13 PM
Matt Wieder

Default REA release regarding Auction Proceeds

"Adjustments to consignor proceeds for the $10.1 million dollar REA spring 2009 auction were ZERO cents on 1559 of the 1560 lots. (The one exception involves a single lot for which no payment was received, eventually requiring legal action on our part. The lot was sold to the underbidder. We are extremely confident that the incremental amount lost due to this one non-paying winning bidder will be collected, along with our legal fees, allowing us to ensure that the seller receives the full amount that he should have, even if he is very happy with the payment he has already received from the sale to the second high bidder). So, for the past $47 million dollars in auction sales at Robert Edward Auctions, we have an unresolved collection problem affecting only one consignor with one single lot. And we are working diligently to resolve even that. This is unheard of in the auction world. Year after year Robert Edward Auctions has set a standard of perfection for the collection of auction proceeds. Many auctions report sales that for one reason or another are not executed, or have to be adjusted down due to nonpaying winning bidders, costing consignors money. We take the integrity of the auction process very seriously. Bidders appreciate knowing that when they top a bid at Robert Edward Auctions, they are topping a REAL bid. Consignors appreciate getting paid 100 cents on the dollar. This is a very big deal to bidders and, naturally, to consignors as well. Consignors also appreciate being paid in a timely manner. All REA consignors were paid within thirty days. Consignment checks started going out literally the day following the auction. REA does not rely on a line of credit. (We don’t even have one. We don’t need it). Consignors are never at risk of nonpayment at REA. There is no leverage at REA, no borrowing, no paying one consignor with another consignor’s auction proceeds. Nothing fancy. Just simple common sense good business practices. This peace of mind offered by REA is rarely emphasized by us and often not even factored in by consignors. We take it for granted too. But in these difficult economic times, it can be a big deal, so we think we should point it out every once in a while."
Old 07-27-2009, 08:45 PM
Scott

Default good read

do you work for them?
Old 07-28-2009, 06:30 AM
Matt Wieder

no sir - just thought it was of interest, knowing we had the discussion earlier on whether shipping items without having received payment is, in and of iteself, a bad policy. It seems to work for REA in the select cases where they do it.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:56 AM
Chris / prewarprints.com

I'd say it's certainly interesting knowing the troubles which have resulted for other auction houses.

Smart 'press release' on the part of REA.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:55 PM

I received that email a couple of days ago also from REA and took it as a direct shot at Legendary/Mastro. Good PR for REA and also welcome news that someone is doing it right as far as consignors go.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:01 PM
Joe S
J.oe Squi.res

It aint bragging if you can do it.

In light of all thats going on, I like it
Old 07-28-2009, 06:02 PM

Default Sounds very much like a recent email............

That we sent out from Brockelman & Luckey Auctions explaining our policies and debt free position.

Scott
Old 07-28-2009, 06:06 PM
Matt Wieder

Scott - when did you send that email? I haven't received anything from you guys in almost 3 months.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:07 PM
D.B. Cooper

Got mine about 3 weeks ago, Matt.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:19 PM

Default Matt.......

PM sent with info.

Scott
Old 07-28-2009, 06:30 PM
Matt Wieder

Maybe I've been blacklisted.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:39 PM

Default NO...

I can assure you that you have not been blacklisted, perhaps your computer perceives us as spam

Scott

Last edited by sb1; 07-28-2009 at 07:20 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:40 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default yikes

poor attempt at a joke didn't work....edited out

Last edited by Leon; 07-28-2009 at 07:07 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:08 PM
M@rk Lu7z

At this point, I don't think REA needs to toot its horn anymore. They look so squeaky clean that it's not really fair to their shady competitors.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:27 PM
I. "Iggy" G0nz@lez
"rich"

Can we get back to the original thread..... So Matt, why have you been blacklisted
from Brockelman & Luckey? And why is eBay now changing its power seller policy to
coincidentally affect you? Does any of this have anything to do with your affiliation with REA?

Lovely Day...
Old 07-28-2009, 07:28 PM
Matt Wieder

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggyman View Post
Can we get back to the original thread..... So Matt, why have you been blacklisted
from Brockelman & Luckey? And why is eBay now changing its power seller policy to
coincidentally affect you? Does any of this have anything to do with your affiliation with REA?
Glad someone is finally asking the important questions effecting our hobby

Last edited by Matt; 07-28-2009 at 07:29 PM.