NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-05-2006, 02:34 PM
Administrator

Default Inspired by Trae, Ted, and Dave.... I think I will try....

Posted By: Joe D.

My mission:
to put together a set of t206 backs
so as not to destroy the wallet - I will make it an all beater set (and not care about the player on front).

Of course if anyone wants to help me along the way... any info you send me would be cool.

I will keep the board posted as to my progress.

Without the ty cobb back... it should be somewhat attainable. no?

Old 11-05-2006, 02:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

The Drum is tough in any condition, but the others are relatively attainable...but if you want a real challenge, try to get 15 guys to agree on a dinner venue on a Saturday night!!

Old 11-05-2006, 02:48 PM
Administrator

I don't care where it the dinner is... I would love to break bread with you guys.

If December 9 is the day... I will try my best to make it. I can't say yes or no yet though (gotta check with the wife to see what plans we might have).

btw... ESPN Zone would not be good on that night. That is the night of the Heisman announcement - and I believe some of it spills over to the ESPN Zone (not sure though).

Old 11-05-2006, 06:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave

Joe,
Good luck....great to hear it. I'm on my way with my beater set. Picked up 13 cards so far. All PSA 1's, 2's, and a couple 3's.

Old 11-10-2006, 12:40 PM
Administrator

Thanks to board members I feel I am on my way with the T206 backs set.

I wanted to get a checklist of backs together so I could track my progress.

First I decided to limit the 'variations' as follows....
--No factory number variations, Overprints, or Color variations. I will consider those on the fly decisions or afterthoughts.... not part of the original planning of the T206 Back (wow I think I am setting up for arguments on that one).
--No TyCobb back... because I want to be able to finish this set in my lifetime.
--Variations that I do feel were pre-planned are: Series Numbers, frames, copy difference (old mill southern).... so those will be collected.

I started with the list of backs from T206museum, and took out those I mentioned I would above -
if anyone thinks I am missing a back.... please advise.

Thanks,
Joe

I count 26 backs... any feedback appreciate:

1. American Beauty (no Frame) - Series 350
2. American Beauty (with Frame) - Series 350
3. American Beauty - Series 460
4. Broad Leaf - Series 350
5. Broad Leaf - Series 460
6. Carolina Brights
7. Cycle - Series 350
8. Cycle - Series 460
9. Drum - Series 350
10. El Principe De Gales
11. Hindu
12. Lenox
13. Old Mill
14. Old Mill (Southern League)
15. Piedmont - Series 150
16. Piedmont - Series 350
17. Piedmont - Series 350-460
18. Polar Bear
19. Sovereign - Series 150
20. Sovereign - Series 350
21. Sovereign - Series 460
22. Sweet Caporal - Series 150
23. Sweet Caporal - Series 350
24. Sweet Caporal - Series 350-460
25. Tolstoi
26. Uzit

Old 11-10-2006, 01:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob

It's been so long ago that I completed the T206 set (minus the Big 4) that I have forgotten: Is it possible to complete the entire T206 set with only Piedmont backs?

Old 11-10-2006, 01:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: MVSNYC

well, i can speak to this...i have ALWAYS been a T206 back collector, at one point i had 33 of the 40 that T206museum lists (i was going nuts trying to chase all the different series & factories, etc)...i have since sold off a huge amount of cards, and i refocused even tighter than your suggested task...my focus is the 15 different brands for now (although i have 2 P-42's and a red & brown hindu)...BUT, the best quality i can get...i have slowly been working to upgrade these, here's how it looks now:

1. American Beauty PSA 2
2. Broad Leaf 350 PSA 3
3. Carolina Brights PSA 3
4. Cycle PSA 5
5. Drum PSA 1
6. El Principe De Gales PSA 5
7. Hindu PSA 1
8. Lenox PSA 3
9. Old Mill PSA 3 (just sold a SLer 9oc)
10. Piedmont PSA 9
11. Polar Bear PSA 4
12. Sovereign PSA 5
13. Sweet Caporal PSA 8
14. Tolstoi PSA 1
15. Uzit PSA 1

MY ADVICE:

1. Try to get the tuff ones out of the way first, whenever you see them come up, attack! and get them...drum, uzit, lenox...IF you see these come up on eBay or at shows, even if they are lower grade (which they will be), do what you can to get them, because they don't come thru all that often, and you will kick yourself in the pants later, if you had past them up and the time has come that you need them...the rest are plentiful (save hindu)...

2. For now, in the beginning, focus on the 15 brands, then once you have done that, then branch-out and start doing series, factories, etc...

GOOD LUCK!!!