NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Basketball / Cricket / Tennis Cards Forum

Old 03-02-2016, 07:25 AM
octavio ranzola

Default stephen curry topps chrome rookie prices

im I seeing things or is this card out of control I have one I paid $12 for lol ...look at ebay prices are sick ,,,ill stick to vintage .
Old 03-02-2016, 07:39 AM

Default Curry RC's

All Curry Rc's are out of control. The regular Topps version is selling for over $200 raw and graded.

If you have an extra Curry Topps Chrome I would be interested. I have some Topps cards but need the Topps Chrome.
Old 03-02-2016, 07:45 AM
octavio ranzola

hi aro I found mine in my commons got it back in the day ,,ill keep it paid $12 still has sticker on back ,,,yes his regular card is crazy omg ...ill sell mine when they win the finals ,,,good return on my money ...be good aro
Old 03-02-2016, 08:22 PM
Peter Spaeth

Last night a PSA 10 sold for over 1000 in PWCC. A WEEK before one sold for less than 525 on a BIN OBO. On January 10 one sold for 266.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:43 AM
octavio ranzola

crazy prices peter omg
Old 03-04-2016, 08:13 AM
D@le Irv*n

Are most of these crazy prices just not hype?

I have noticed, looking back at older hockey cards/stars, once the sheen, so to speak, wears off these players, their cards also quit rising and actually lower in value as time goes on.

Also, with the likelihood that hundreds, if not thousands of them are out there, I don't see how these cards can maintain these high values.

I look at Conner McDavid RC's (hockey) and see the prices some of his cards are fetching and think to myself, there is no way this trend can continue especially when you know all this limelight he is in will one day dim when someone else new comes along.

I could be wrong as it's the new age, but that's what I see happening anyways?
Old 03-04-2016, 06:59 PM

Default Rookies

Irv - If you go back to 1989 for Hockey cards very few if any have held their value. You had Sakic, Lindros (super hyped), Thornton, Nash, Crosby, Ovechkin, Kane, Toews, Price etc. I do not follow the super high end market in Hockey (above $1000 for auto RC's from the Cup) but check out the other sets. I bought a ton of Crosby RC's when he came out, thinking that he would buck the trend. I was wrong.

In regards to Curry he has 27 RC's and the Topps Chrome "only" has a print run of 999 cards. Throw in the fact it was chosen as the card to get in some PSA registry sets recently and it will always be in demand. Whether, it can maintain its value is another question. Michael Jordan Star XRC cards have almost gone up 5 X in the last couple of years and the Fleer card has risen as well.
Old 03-06-2016, 06:56 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by aro13 View Post
Irv - If you go back to 1989 for Hockey cards very few if any have held their value. You had Sakic, Lindros (super hyped), Thornton, Nash, Crosby, Ovechkin, Kane, Toews, Price etc. I do not follow the super high end market in Hockey (above $1000 for auto RC's from the Cup) but check out the other sets. I bought a ton of Crosby RC's when he came out, thinking that he would buck the trend. I was wrong.

In regards to Curry he has 27 RC's and the Topps Chrome "only" has a print run of 999 cards. Throw in the fact it was chosen as the card to get in some PSA registry sets recently and it will always be in demand. Whether, it can maintain its value is another question. Michael Jordan Star XRC cards have almost gone up 5 X in the last couple of years and the Fleer card has risen as well.
I guess some get caught up in the hopes that current phenoms will always be phenoms and their cards will always rise in value.

Don't get me wrong, I wish I had some RC's of current stars but I'm certainly not going to pay a premium for them only to watch their value plummet.

If they were reasonably priced, that is another story as I wouldn't necessarily be too concerned with their value now or in the future. I would just like to have some to say I have so and so's RC.

I guess all these current high prices help to fuel the fire within the hobby but I also see it as a negative, or a bad thing, as I think, (for those who are only investing), once they see their cards value plummet or level off, are likely to leave the hobby all together?
Old 03-06-2016, 08:31 AM
octavio ranzola

i agee with irv scary ...mine will be gone after they win the finals ,,bye bye curry hello babe ruth lol...
Old 03-06-2016, 04:53 PM
Br1@n L1ndh0lm3

Default Curry

Octavio , it's crazy but I was thinking how much I would rather have another Babe Ruth card than getting a modern day rookie card...I "shopped" for one for my son who is a big Warriors fan but not a gigantic sports card fan.

He would like a Curry RC.

In fact, if I gave him a 1k Ruth card, he'd say that he would rather have the Curry. (He's 21, so not a little kid who hasn't heard about old baseball players)

Anyway, if the Warriors win again, and you can fetch 4 figures from your $12 Curry, please post the "new " old card that you acquire

Brian L
Familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Hall of Fame collector.
Prewar Set collector.
Topps Era collector.
1971 Topps Football collector.
Old 03-07-2016, 08:47 AM
octavio ranzola

hi brian they didn't look good against a bad laker team SMILES
Old 05-12-2016, 09:27 PM
Ralph Pr3y€r

Default Prices

These cards still keep going up like crazy. Now that he won his 2nd MVP (unanimously) and may very well be onto winning another title, it looks like the end is nowhere in sight... I am sure a lot of people were panicking when he was hurt during the playoff's as any career ending injury would bring these cards to a crashing to a halt.