NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Old 09-22-2014, 12:19 AM
Dustin Bellinger

Default Husker Autographs

I have started a project attempting to acquire cards with a focus on autos of players with Nebraska connections. I decided to start with the approximately 30 major leaguers that wore a Nebraska-Lincoln baseball uniform. Off to a steady start.

I have collected Erstad since he was the #1 pick for the Angels while I was in High School but this was the first auto card I had acquired of his. The Shane Komine is a special one to me as he was one of my favorite pitchers for the Huskers. Had the opportunity to watch him pitch from the outfield stands in the CWS against Clemson. Adding autos of Joba Chamberlain and Alex Gordon will likely be the most expensive acquisitions with some players from the past with very brief MLB careers potentially being tough finds.

Collecting Hall of Famers and players with Nebraska connections.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:06 AM
Curt

I have 500+ certified and non-certified "junk" autos that are just sitting around collecting dust. Obviously no-names won't cost you much anywhere, but post up a list if you have one handy and maybe some of us can help you knock off a few needs.

I collect Dodger players this way and have added a ton of cheap certified (and non-certified) autos by buying the Signature Rookies, Royal Rookies, Just, etc. If they have a Dodger uniformed or club certified card, I try for it, otherwise I am taking anything I can get.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:13 PM
Mark

Are you doing just baseball or football as well?
Old 09-24-2014, 10:44 PM
Dustin Bellinger

I am traveling out of state for work so will post a list of the tougher needs after I get home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse9 View Post
Are you doing just baseball or football as well?
Currently this is a baseball only project. Football would have a lot more subjects and requiremore financial investment than I am willing to give right now. However if anyone has a Kent McCloughan auto card let me know. He is the only graduate of my High School (Broken Bow, NE)to reach the NFL.

Old 09-29-2014, 06:25 PM
Dustin Bellinger

So two new autos to post. Bob Cerv was actually a two sport athlete for the Huskers as he also played for the basketball team. Had he played in another organization he likely would have been a multiple time all star.

Some tough adds that I could use help locating.

Ad Liska - 29-33 career. Index card and cut autos are available, but have not seen any cards for him let alone any signed.

Dave McDonald - Appeared briefly for Yankees in 69 and the Expos in 71. Only card of his I am aware of was in the 70 Topps set where he appears on what is more well known as the Thurman Munson RC. Have not seen an example of this card autographed by McDonald.

Buddy Hunter - Was a journeyman minor leaguer that managed only about 20 career at bats for the Red Fox from 71-75. Not aware of any cards for him as a major leagurer. He served as a manager for Pawtucket and Winston Salem minor league affiliates 78 -81 so perhaps cards exist of him in this capacity?

Ryan Kurosaki - Only pitched 13 innings for the Cards in 75. Not aware of any MLB cards of him but have seen minor league cards. Have not found a signed example though.