NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 08-23-2017, 12:14 PM

Default 1954 Aaron Value Help

Hello everyone,
I am looking to acquire my first Aaron (PSA 2.5) and have been offered this one (Pic in attachment). I have some items to trade the other party, so the cash value is much more affordable to me. I am not well versed in vintage, but have wanted an Aaron for quite some time. I have a few questions I am hoping the experts can help me with.

1) - In general, what do you feel the value of this card is?
2) - How desirable is this copy, even though it looks like it has small indent on the side (Possibly from a Rubber band?)
3) The centering and coloring looks very nice, with the imperfections, would this be something that is an easy resale down the line if I need to get my money out (This would be my most expensive card)
4) - Finally, would you wait for a better copy to come around, that is approx the same value, or is this one nice enough to pull the trigger on?

I apologize for the questions, but would appreciate a bit of insight as this is a big deal to me. With cash/trade, I would have around $1200 into it.

Thank you all very much!

EDIT - Thank you all for the information and advice. I was able to acquire the card for what I feel was a very good price, especially since I did half trade and had very little into what I traded. Again, thank you all for your insight. I am very excited to land this in my collection. In the near future, once I sell some more of my modern collection, I will be hoping to upgrade this one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg InkedAaron_LI.jpg (65.0 KB, 208 views)

Last edited by Shortstopguy12; 08-24-2017 at 09:07 PM.
Old 08-23-2017, 12:40 PM
G.ary L.eavitt

Default Aaron

I always say if you like a card, then buy it...
As for valuation and "getting a deal"; look on EBay and see how much a 3 or 4 would cost you and make your decision from that.
Old 08-23-2017, 01:09 PM
Robert D!ll!ngham

Agreed with if you like a card buy it. The only people that have to be ok with the deal is the buyer and seller.

If you were paying $1200 for it, I'd say that's probably a little too much just knowing today's market. However, it is pretty sharp for a 2.5 and I don't know what all you're trading and what it means to you so it could be that a partial trade/cash makes sense.

Here's my answer to your questions:

1) - In general, what do you feel the value of this card is?
$1k cash
2) - How desirable is this copy, even though it looks like it has small indent on the side (Possibly from a Rubber band?)
A '54 Aaron will always be desirable no matter the condition. A 2.5 will always have issues...but yours overall is a nice 2.5.
3) The centering and coloring looks very nice, with the imperfections, would this be something that is an easy resale down the line if I need to get my money out (This would be my most expensive card)
Again, there's always going to be buyer's for a '54 Aaron so I would say yes, it should always be an easy resale. I'm not necessarily saying the value will definitely go up, but there will always be a market for a '54 Aaron and this one should always sell quickly at the top end of what the going rate of a 2.5 is.
4) - Finally, would you wait for a better copy to come around, that is approx the same value, or is this one nice enough to pull the trigger on?
Totally up to you. For $1200 you should be able to get a 3.5 or 4 today but it's not going to be perfect either - it might not have the eye appeal this one has. Tomorrow, who knows what the market will be.

Last edited by rsdill2; 08-23-2017 at 01:12 PM.
Old 08-23-2017, 01:46 PM
Ben North

I am no help with value. I will say if you are doing a cash plus trade deal expect to pay a premium. I have been on both sides of the several items for one deals and the person with one item always gets a little extra.

That is a beautiful card for the grade.
Old 08-23-2017, 01:58 PM
Robert Williams

$1200 seems high....card should be around $850-$900. I like the centering, but what the hell is going on with the borders?? As long as you like it though, that is all that matters.
Old 08-23-2017, 07:07 PM

I appreciate the insight in this thread.. Extremely valuable information. Thank you
Old 08-23-2017, 07:09 PM

If even that. A PSA 4 Aaron sold for 1128 in the last SCP auction. I would pass on the 2.5 and look to pick up a 4 for that price or less.
Old 08-24-2017, 09:08 PM

Thank you all for the information and advice. I was able to acquire the card for what I feel was a very good price, especially since I did half trade and had very little into what I traded. Again, thank you all for your insight. I am very excited to land this in my collection. In the near future, once I sell some more of my modern collection, I will be hoping to upgrade this one.