NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-06-2011, 04:17 PM
Joe M.

Default EBAY/Post Office problem

Hello, have been selling items for my daughter for the last 2 years. Most are not sports, anyway sold some comics to a buyer and he told me comics were not in package, but a coffee grinder was in package. They were insured and had delivery confirmation. Sounds like post office theft or he is not telling the truth. Can he claim insurance loss? I told him to notify the PO and I would do the same at this end. Will ebay cover this?

He also left me positve feedback on the comics. He said he did that in error. These were delivered 11/12/11 and he just notifed me about 5-6 days ago. Media mail.

Thanks joe

Collecting Detroit 19th Century N172, N173, N175.
N172 Detroit. Getzein, McGlone, Rooks, Wheelock, Gillligan, Kid Baldwin Error, Lady Baldwin, Conway, Deacon White

Positive transactions with Joe G, Jay Miller, CTANK80, BIGFISH, MGHPRO, k. DIXON, LEON, INSIDETHEWRAPPER, GOCUBSGO32, Steve Suckow, RAINIER2004, Ben Yourg, GNAZ01, yanksrnice09, cmiz5290, Kris Sweckard (Kris19),Angyal, Chuck Tapia,Belfast1933,bcbgcbrcb,fusorcruiser, tsp06, cobbcobb13

Last edited by jcmtiger; 12-06-2011 at 04:21 PM. Reason: add information
Old 12-06-2011, 04:27 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

I would tell him to pound sand, but that's just me.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:29 PM
$teve O.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
I would tell him to pound sand, but that's just me.
I agree!!
Old 12-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Dan Bretta

In the last month I have had two buyers tell me that their package was left on their doorstep when I paid for signature confirmation...one of them I was very thankful that the buyer notified me - it was a $600 1928 World Series program and the delivery confirmation never even showed it as delivered. I have also had two buyers tell me they never got the item even though the DC on the USPS website shows it as delivered..both of these buyers have very high ebay ratings and I have no reason to doubt them.

I also had a package that I sent out in early October lost along the route somewhere as it was scanned as leaving Lincoln, but never scanned again..I refunded the buyer and asked that if it did show up that he let me know and repay for the item...he told me he would..I periodically checked the DC to see if it ever got to him and after watching it for about a month I just forgot about it...just happened to check on it last week and saw that it was delivered a couple days before Thanksgiving...had to contact the buyer and ask him to repay which he did a a few days later.

Strange things are afoot at the post office, but I'm really mad about two high dollar items that I paid for Signature Confirmation on that got left outside without a sig.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Zach

But they recieved it almost 1 month ago, and now they want their money back? O hell no, that is like going to a restaurant, eating all the food then complaining after you have eaten, and demanding your money back. Ebay will be on your side. Do not give that buyer any money.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:24 PM

Send everything registered. Never a problem.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:29 PM
Kyle

Relatively new to vintage card collecting and I'm having my first mailing issue, hoping for some advice. Recently bought a T206 WaJo (PSA 4) on ebay and it was processed through the sorting facility the day before Thanksgiving. Hasn't been updated since.

The seller has been fairly good about updating me on his interactions with the post office but for the last week it's been the same "they're working on it". So after 2 and a half weeks should I continue to be patient or ask for a refund?

Last edited by Wahoowa; 12-08-2011 at 01:40 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:53 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoowa View Post
Relatively new to vintage card collecting and I'm having my first mailing issue, hoping for some advice. Recently bought a T206 WaJo (PSA 4) on ebay and it was processed through the sorting facility the day before Thanksgiving. Hasn't been updated since.

The seller has been fairly good about updating me on his interactions with the post office but for the last week it's been the same "they're working on it". So after 2 and a half weeks should I continue to be patient or ask for a refund?
Post Office is usually very erratic this time of year. If you feel comfortable with the seller and he has good feedback I'd give it a bit more time.

If it's been processed through a sort facility already, you know it should be out there somewhere in USPS land. Sometimes all it takes is letting them know at USPS that you're looking for the package, and more times then not it mysteriously appears out of thin air. Hidden in some back room, or sitting and waiting for a signature at the local office without a note being left for the receiver.

I've had a couple checks lately take two weeks to get to me from buyers, based on the original postmark. Had a Media Mail package take a month to get to me recently.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:01 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default my story

About a year ago we sold a couple cards in a B-L auction. They got lost in the USPS delivery and had the required signature confirmation. We filed the +/- $1100 claim and got reimbursed. We use CIA Insurance and they were pretty good about it. About a week ago we saw the cards being sold on ebay. I called the Insurance Agency and told them. Several days later I got another call from someone at the insurance agency following up on it. I got a call today from a USPS Special Agent. He told me that a USPS employee sold them to the ebay consignment company. I am not sure you can have more smoke coming from the gun. Who said criminals are smart?

Old 12-08-2011, 04:00 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
About a year ago we sold a couple cards in a B-L auction. They got lost in the USPS delivery and had the required signature confirmation. We filed the +/- $1100 claim and got reimbursed. We use CIA Insurance and they were pretty good about it. About a week ago we saw the cards being sold on ebay. I called the Insurance Agency and told them. Several days later I got another call from someone at the insurance agency following up on it. I got a call today from a USPS Special Agent. He told me that a USPS employee sold them to the ebay consignment company. I am not sure you can have more smoke coming from the gun. Who said criminals are smart?

WOW!
Old 12-08-2011, 05:44 PM

USPO shipping can sometimes be delayed (then arrive), so a small delay isn't a big worry. Though 2-1/2 weeks is a pretty long time.

I once had card arrive two months later, as the package evidentially got caught in a sorting machine (card was fine, package mangled). Though that's my extreme case from several years ago.

Last edited by drc; 12-08-2011 at 05:48 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoowa View Post

I would be patient. Just in the last three months I have had packages takes 18 days, 32 days and 38 days. I had refunded two of them and the buyers paid again after they received it.

Seems as though the service at the Post Office has been a little shaky lately.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:30 AM
Kyle

Thanks for the input. Crazy story Leon.

Had decided to wait another week and it showed up at my post office this morning. I guess patience is key.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:11 PM
Joe M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmtiger View Post
Hello, have been selling items for my daughter for the last 2 years. Most are not sports, anyway sold some comics to a buyer and he told me comics were not in package, but a coffee grinder was in package. They were insured and had delivery confirmation. Sounds like post office theft or he is not telling the truth. Can he claim insurance loss? I told him to notify the PO and I would do the same at this end. Will ebay cover this?

He also left me positve feedback on the comics. He said he did that in error. These were delivered 11/12/11 and he just notifed me about 5-6 days ago. Media mail.

Thanks joe

Well, this guy opened a case on me for non-delivery. Of course ebay recommends returning his money as a solution. I declined that bs and told my side for ebay to look into the problem. They will look into it and let me know within 48 hours.

Joe

N172 Detroit. Getzein, McGlone, Rooks, Wheelock, Gillligan, Kid Baldwin Error, Lady Baldwin, Conway, Deacon White

Positive transactions with Joe G, Jay Miller, CTANK80, BIGFISH, MGHPRO, k. DIXON, LEON, INSIDETHEWRAPPER, GOCUBSGO32, Steve Suckow, RAINIER2004, Ben Yourg, GNAZ01, yanksrnice09, cmiz5290, Kris Sweckard (Kris19),Angyal, Chuck Tapia,Belfast1933,bcbgcbrcb,fusorcruiser, tsp06, cobbcobb13
Old 12-13-2011, 06:20 PM
Joe M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmtiger View Post
Well, this guy opened a case on me for non-delivery. Of course ebay recommends returning his money as a solution. I declined that bs and told my side for ebay to look into the problem. They will look into it and let me know within 48 hours.

Joe
Ebay at 1st ruled in favor of buyer and I appealed and called. They reversed, said they made a mistake and ruled in my favor.

Joe

Old 12-13-2011, 06:31 PM
Bill Hedin

Default Nice one, Leon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post

I really enjoyed reading your post Leon!
Old 12-21-2011, 11:06 AM
Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh3443 View Post
I really enjoyed reading your post Leon!
I'll echo this, love when the bad guys get taken down.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:30 PM
Drew Ekb@ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by zljones View Post
But they recieved it almost 1 month ago, and now they want their money back? O hell no, that is like going to a restaurant, eating all the food then complaining after you have eaten, and demanding your money back. Ebay will be on your side. Do not give that buyer any money.
BTW as a manager in a restaurant this happens all this time. "We didn't know we didn't like it until afterwe ate it all". Sorry for the slight rant just irks me.
Drew

Last edited by almostdone; 12-21-2011 at 12:30 PM.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:51 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostdone View Post
BTW as a manager in a restaurant this happens all this time. "We didn't know we didn't like it until afterwe ate it all". Sorry for the slight rant just irks me.
Drew
Unfortunately I own 2 fast food restaurants. I could literally go on for the next month about idiocy. Absolutely unbelievable. The last complaining guy told me he thought the food wasn't very good so he wanted his money back even though he ate it. He also said the place was dirty and when I asked him what was dirty he told me the napkins weren't straight. I told him maybe we weren't the best restaurant for him. He told me he wants to still frequent it because he can ride his bike to it as his truck uses too much gas. He got nothing for complaining except me complaining back to him.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:39 AM
Ken McMillan

Don't you just love people? I remember one time while I was working for Banfield that we had a client we presented an estimate to for a diagnostic work up on her pet. The lady was explained what the procedures were and why they were necessary. She consented to the procedures, came back for the recheck, pet was doing well. About a week later, we get a thing from the BBB that she was complaining about the prices being too high and wanted a refund. For all of the services. We politely told the BBB she was crazy and they agreed. They said they were " just doing their job". I felt that they were wasting my time!