NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 02-01-2021, 02:46 PM
Mark

Default Are certs from score board in the 90s generally good?

I know that score board was a reputable company before psa and jsa were around. Are the coa from score board back in the 90s worth anything?
Old 02-01-2021, 02:56 PM
Tyler Smith
Tyler Sm.ith

Scoreboard autos are authentic, the problem lies with which autograph the coa matches up with. I remember being 10 when I bought a lenny dykstra autographed baseball with a scoreboard COA and thought why can't I just sign another baseball and sell it with the COA to one of my schoolmates... thankfully I opted not to become the next Greg Marino but it made me skeptical of COAs going forward.

Also, there are a lot of mid 90's autographed basketball cards with the SB stamp which are apparently fake too. Someone got a hold of the stamp and used them on fake autographed cards... scary thing is they are actually pretty good fakes and with the stamp it makes all to easy to get screwed.
Old 02-01-2021, 05:50 PM
Christopher Williams

The Scoreboard COA has been tainted by the sellers of forgeries who have copied and edited it to sell their crap.

Do a Google search on "Ebay Seller Mantle COA Not Scoreboard."

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 02-01-2021 at 06:29 PM.
Old 02-02-2021, 09:45 AM
_Er!ck*L.ew1n_

I got a bunch of scoreboard baseballs as a kid which are all good. Got Nolan Ryan, Bonds, Hank Aaron, Jeter, Griffey Jr, and probably a couple more I'm not thinking of.

Got them out of JC Penney catalogs I think and through the TV home shopping channels in early to mid 90's. At the time was the best place to get authentic stuff I'd say but COA's could be copied or items switched.
Old 02-03-2021, 08:10 AM
Joe D
Joe Do.oley

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksfan09 View Post
I got a bunch of scoreboard baseballs as a kid which are all good. Got Nolan Ryan, Bonds, Hank Aaron, Jeter, Griffey Jr, and probably a couple more I'm not thinking of.

Got them out of JC Penney catalogs I think and through the TV home shopping channels in early to mid 90's. At the time was the best place to get authentic stuff I'd say but COA's could be copied or items switched.
Thats what I remember. I remember asking for the Joe DiMaggio signed ball as a kid that was in the JC Penny catalog.
Old 02-05-2021, 01:23 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

If you have a black light. You can look to see if your baseball from score board has a blue spot. Score Board marked there autograph balls with a marker.