NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-13-2005, 08:52 AM
Administrator

Default Colgan premium

Posted By: jay behrens

On the back of Golgan red boarder and tin tops, there is an offer to get a picture of the pennant winning team. What do these look like? I would assume some have to be out there since what I know of Colgans, the tin tops came out after the reds and the tin tops ask for 2 cents postage. The assumption is that this was done becuase the intial offer made on the reds was so popular they needed te recoup the expense.

I can't say I've seen one but woulod love to.

Jay

Sometimes when I reflect on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. I think, "It is better to drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."-- Babe Ruth

Old 10-13-2005, 03:56 PM
Administrator

Default Colgan premium

Posted By: Scott Forrest

Good question. Since they aren't listed in the Std Catl'g, I assume they do not carry Colgan's advertising on them.

Old 10-14-2005, 04:53 PM
Administrator

Default Colgan premium

Posted By: John S

Jay,

There is a lot of mystery that surrounds the Colgan's issue including the proofs and the premiums. I have tried to squueze info out of Larry Fritsch, but have never inquired about the premiums. I would assume if anyone had seen or own(ed) one Larry would be the guy.

Old 01-25-2007, 09:17 AM
Administrator

Default Colgan premium

Posted By: eric p.

jay, i have been wondering the same thing in regards to the colgan premium, so does anyone have any info to this mystery?

Old 01-25-2007, 10:00 AM
Administrator

Default Colgan premium

Posted By: Adam J. Baxter

Jay,
I don't mean to hijack your thread and steer it off course, but I just read the comment at the bottom of your post and I have to know.....Did Ruth really say that?

Old 01-25-2007, 10:59 AM
Administrator

Default Colgan premium

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

seen tons of stuff on them. Never have seen any premium that could be attributed to Colgans themselves. I think what I remember from an OLD thread either here or elsewhere is that they apparently didn't have Colgans name on them so they aren't really distinguishable as such. Would love to have one.....especially if they did state colgans. Have seen TONS of different ads for the chips from papers, magazines but never really seen anything related to a team photo in any of the ads. You would have thought they'd have them in there. I have a full page ad in a 1909 Louisville Colonels program and it pictures 16 colgans but nothing about premiums.........

Old 01-25-2007, 11:59 AM
Administrator

Default Colgan premium

Posted By: steve

I have seen the colgan's tin tops listed as both 1912 and 1913 issues - PSA marks them 1912. If for pennant winner picture redemption, then in 1912 Boston Red Sox beat the NY Giants, and in 1913 the Philadelphia Athletics beat the NY Giants. Maybe search for specific Boston Red Sox (or Philadelphia) team picture to be ultimate redemption prize. Side note, I can't believe PSA has only graded 4 tin tops to date in beater condition - ANY nice ones out there?