NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-13-2008, 11:53 AM
Administrator

Default New T-206.com Site

Posted By: David Simon

Hey All,

It has been a while since I have posted, but I wanted to share the new site I've put together:

http://www.t-206.com

This is an outgrowth of the first pricing site I did called t206.net a couple of years ago.

As technology has improved, I'm able to provide a better user experience.

You can search by player, player and grading co., or for a market price of a card with a graph of historical prices, search by player, grading co. and grade.

All of the legit grading co.'s are recognized by the system.

On the results page, the completed items can be sorted up or down by clicking on the labels.

And as always, it's free for unlimited use!

Would love to get user feedback, so let me know what you think.

Many thanks,ds

Old 02-13-2008, 11:58 AM
Administrator

Posted By: PC

David -- this is great. Thanks!

Old 02-13-2008, 02:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Trae R.

David, I am very impressed at the usage of Flex! I am working on a few Flex projects right now as well, this is a great example of Flex data-services implementation with some of the charting features.

A few things I noticed, I can't get the site to display results in Firefox though for some reason. In IE7 you also have to "Click Here to Activate This Control". Using this Javascript to embed the swf should solve it:
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/activecontent/articles/devletter.html

Also, regarding the opening of the external links to visit eBay could be handled by a standard link to avoid the IE7 pop-up blocking features. It appear a Javascript is in use to launch the windows currently.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:09 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the suggestions -- I'll try them out and will be adding a bunch of features in the coming days.

Much obliged,ds

Old 02-13-2008, 08:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bobby Binder

Looks great but does not seem to work for me. When I do a search by Cobb it has me choose which card which I do. Then it shows the last 3 sales but have no idea what grade or grader. Is there a way to see a list of all sales for PSA 5 for example. And it shows no current auctions which I know there are some.

BTW I have tried it using Firefox and Safari on a Mac...

So is the way you make money on this site is to incorporate CJ and put rover links on the current auctions so when people click it you can get something for it?

Old 02-14-2008, 07:43 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve Murray

Bobby, I think if you scroll all the way down you will get the detailed info your asking about.

Old 02-14-2008, 09:28 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bobby Binder

David,

Yesterday the auction results did not show up for me but today they are just fine. Just to let you know you need to have a eBay Market data license to be able to show price results. When I first started with VCP we thought by being a developer for them it was fine to show past sales. But a certain someone turned us in and we where shut off from eBay for a day until we got the license. The cost is about $6500 a year and if you want the contact information email me and I can assist you.

Nice job on the site...

Bobby

Old 02-15-2008, 08:38 AM
Administrator

Thanks for all of the feedback so far.

Let me clarify a few things...

1) The site is a work-in-progress -- or BETA so there are bunch of bugs and things that are being fixed and created daily.

2) The search box on the front page is set-up to parse Player Name, Grading co., and Grade. It is important to use the auto-suggest for the player and card variation when you are typing in the search box.

e.g.

Ty Cobb (Portrait Green Background) -- this will return all green background Cobbs regardless of grading co. or grade.
Ty Cobb (Portrait Green Background) psa -- this will return all the green background Cobbs that are graded by PSA.

Ty Cobb (Portrait Green Background) psa 4 -- this is the ideal search PLAYER, GRADING CO. GRADE this will return a market price for that specific card and the historical transactions associated with it.

The transaction data grid is made up of links back to the original auctions, so you can see the card image or auction detail if it is still available. I'm not linking this through CJ -- it is just for reference.

The open auctions data grid which was just added does link back to live auctions through CJ and that's where the data comes from -- when a live auction completes we save the data, classify it and reference it the transaction data section.

3) Need more feedback. So keep it coming.

Many thanks,ds

Old 02-15-2008, 08:41 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

David - it's coming along very nicely - keep it up!

Old 02-18-2008, 05:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

David,

Why did you change from T206.net it was easier to read and much easier to navigate.

I have been using the site for a long time and really liked T206.net. I personally see this as step backwards.

lee

Old 02-21-2008, 07:52 AM
Administrator

Is there anyone else out there who liked t206.net's interface better? I would be interested to know what you thought was better about the other interface.

thanks,ds

Old 02-22-2008, 02:50 PM
Administrator

I've got quite a few notes from folks that liked the pull-down interface on t206.net better than the new and improved 'search-box' on t-206.com, so I've added another link with a pull-down based search interface instead of the text based search-box.

http://www.t-206.com/pdsearch

As always, feedback is appreciated.

thanks,ds

Old 03-01-2008, 12:07 PM
Administrator

Hey All,

Have gotten a lot of feedback and suggestions for the site -- they are all much appreciated.

To improve navigation and access to market price data, which seems to be what most people are interested in, I've added a market price grid on the search results page for all the grades by grading company that we have records for.

If you don't enter a grading company, it will default to PSA.

If it looks like there are missing grades in the price grid, it's because we don't have any sale data for that card in that grade. If we don't have the price you are looking for, check back, we are adding new cards to the database every day. We are also planning to add completed auctions from other sources to be more representative of the broader market outside of ebay.

The interface will continue to evolve, and hopefully improve. Feedback is very helpful, so please post likes/dislikes as this tool is really for all of you.

Many thanks,ds

Old 03-04-2008, 05:57 PM
Administrator

Images have been added to the front page - will be added to the search results page shortly.

As requested, text based search (default) and pull-down search can be selected from the front page under the logo.

Will have a few more updates over the next week, so check back!

thanks,ds

www.t-206.com

Old 03-17-2008, 08:28 PM
Administrator

The front page now has featured auctions and closing soon.

I'm testing market indicators and have added an arrow for under market(red) and over market(green).
This will eventually find it's way into the results page and let you sort by under and over market auctions.

Feedback on the market indicators would be great.

thanks,ds

Old 04-22-2008, 07:01 PM
Administrator

The Population report of the site is now fully accessable.

There's a link in the middle of the site that's a number -- clicking that will take you to a matrix of the all players in all grades with the number of transactions in the system for that player/grade. Grading co. defaults to PSA, but can be selected at the top for the other recognized grading companies.

There is quite a bit of data in the population page and may take a minute to load... ~1MB.

Clicking the a number of the player/grade will take you to that market price and trend page.

Stay tuned -- more to come!

ds

Old 04-23-2008, 09:58 AM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

I really love the population feature. It must be something similar to what Scot Reader was doing manually when he performed his research for his Inside T206 publication. You really get a good sense of scarcity and ability to acquire a card in any condition if you just select a player, without selecting a grading company or condition. Trying Super Print (Cobb Red or Matty Dark) versus a short-printed Southern Leaguer or presumed scarce common provides really interesting results.

And the best part? It's all free!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Visit http://www.t206collector.com this month as we count down 4 Magies, 2 Wagners and a Plank!

Old 04-23-2008, 01:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Craig W

Awesome work, David! Thank you very much for your efforts

Best Regards,
Craig

Old 04-23-2008, 01:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rawn Hill

Great site and thank you for all of your efforts. The one guy I collect and no information yet.

Rawn

Old 04-23-2008, 01:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

Everyone else I seem to click works beautifully.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Visit http://www.t206collector.com this month as we count down 4 Magies, 2 Wagners and a Plank!

Old 04-24-2008, 06:48 PM
Administrator

A great site and will be looked at by me at least 3X a day, but what about Carrigan?

Rawn

Old 04-24-2008, 07:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jay Adair

Great looking site!

Old 04-25-2008, 11:47 AM
Administrator

You guys are too kind!

Carrigan has been fixed, it was a problem with the database...

Working on a data synch with several other auction sites, should have an update in a few days to the population report.

Feedback is ALWAYS welcome -- good or bad.

many thanks,ds

Old 04-25-2008, 01:04 PM
Administrator

Fantastic!!!!! Now I can stop carrying around the T206 notebook with data from the last 2 years. More than I could have imagined.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:11 PM
Administrator

So the head of developement at my company, who has been working on t-206.com with me, was looking at the code for the site and declared that he could write a program that could make other sites with matching features of t-206.com of other sets. That raised a few eyebrows. In a few days, he had it working in 11 'easy' steps. I was in the middle of making a purchase on Amazon when he IM'd with this revelation. I jokingly replied, "let me know when you have down to to one-click."

This is two clicks, but still quite impressive (graphics aside):

At the top of http://www.1934goudey.com there are links to the following sets:

1909-11 T-206
1933 Goudey 1934 Goudey
1948 Bowman 1949 Bowman 1950 Bowman 1951 Bowman 1952 Bowman 1953 Bowman 1954 Bowman 1955 Bowman
1953 Topps 1954 Topps 1955 Topps 1956 Topps 1957 Topps 1958 Topps

***This is pre-beta code and these sites may have some bugs, so use them only as a reference guide and not definitive market price guides. Feedback on any bugs is always appreciated.

Happy hunting,

ds