NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-19-2006, 12:24 PM
Administrator

Default typical PSA lag time?

Posted By: Brueso

Sent them a package and the post office said it was delivered on Monday. I checked their on-line status today and it still doesn't show the submission status. Do they only fill that in after they've graded the cards? (SGC was pretty quick in at least listing what I'd sent them). I realize with their $13 grading deal going on, PSA is pretty busier than usual.

Old 10-19-2006, 12:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Griffin's

No, they should log it in right away. You might want to call customer service, if it's not logged in 24 hours it usually means it's sitting on the problem shelf, and they won't call you. I've had stuff there for over a month until I tracked it down- and the first guy I talked to say they had no record of it.

Old 10-19-2006, 12:29 PM
Administrator

Posted By: kyle

Did you follow PSA's rules and guidelines for submissions? Did you mark the outside of the package? If not, its sitting in a pile of others not marked properly.

-Kyle-

Old 10-19-2006, 12:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave

Last submission I sent in a couple weeks ago, it took them two days from the time delivery confirmation said it arrived before they said order was recieved, then took nine business days on the "five day" special.

Old 10-19-2006, 12:53 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Cobby33

I've noticed that they've been lagging a lot lately and that their customer service has been sub-par as well.

Old 10-19-2006, 12:54 PM
Administrator

I called- The guy asked for my submission number and said they didn't have it. Then he asked for my insurance/registered number- and that WAS in the system. He said it would probably be logged in within a day.

I have a hunch that '5 days' is probably going to equal '9 days' until the special is over! But at least I know they have a record of having the order. It makes me uneasy having to insure a package for $1,000 and sending it somewhere- always wondering if someone along the way might decide to 'disappear' it.

Old 10-19-2006, 01:06 PM
Administrator

Posted By: bill

when you submit you have to know the value
so you know how much your costs will be
but if you don't have any idea of a value
or condition. what do you do? I have sent a couple cards to psa
a few years ago and every card came back graded lower
than what I thought and that makes a difference in my costs.

bill

Old 10-19-2006, 01:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jason L

PSA really is absurd with how strict they are regarding packaging and marking...I sent in a package all taped up just how they like it, and I marked it on only one side...and the cust service rep gave me attitude saying it was set aside because it wasn't marked correctly.
Who the hell is the customer? rules are rules, but unprovoked attitude is uncalled for,...and that was my first (free) submission!!! I still haven't sent anything else in because the first experience as such a pain in the tuckus.
One week to get there, another week to get it logged in after they received it, another week to get it graded, another week to get it shipped, a week in the mail...lots of fun...forget those 7 day or even 30day return policies that sellers offer...then it's just another week of communicating a return request another week to ship and another to get credited your cash in a failed transaction

but that's just the way it is...there's no wonder there's a premium for PSA and other graded cards...for me, it's worth the extra bucks to just NOT have to send things in yourself!

Jason L

Old 10-19-2006, 01:35 PM
Administrator

It's not that tough once you figure out their rules. My last order was mailed on a Thursday, logged the next day, and back in my hands the following Friday. But forget to dot an i or cross a t and you're talking a month.
Customer service also depends on who you talk to- some are so bad I hang up if I get them, others are really exceptional.

Old 10-19-2006, 01:42 PM
Administrator

yeah the customer service from the guy's name that starts with a j....geez, talk about being completely unpeppy and not happy to be there.

Old 10-19-2006, 01:54 PM
Administrator

Posted By: kyle

I had a sub sent overnight, received, logged the next day, 5 business days and the cards were graded, in my hands two days later. I put stickers on the front and back of the package about the service level and haven't had any problems!

-Kyle-

Old 10-19-2006, 02:35 PM
Administrator

yes- but were these quick turn arounds recently? Seems like the '5 day special' is gumming up the works now.

Old 10-19-2006, 02:40 PM
Administrator

mine basically took two and a half weeks from sending off to getting back, although i live in atlanta. someone in sacramento of course will get it back quicker, even though took a while, was for the first time happy with grades.

Old 10-25-2006, 01:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Kyle

Not to bring up a dead topic, but a sub that was received by PSA yesterday (confirmed via tracking at USPS.com) was entered in this afternoon. Not sure what else would cause delays, but making sure the package is correctly labeled I'm sure plays a huge role. I put large stickers on each side of the box/envelope.

Have a great day,
Kyle

Old 10-25-2006, 02:37 PM
Administrator

My quick turnarounds were all in the last 3 months. Part of it is due to living about 30 miles north of PSA, so the mail only takes a day each way. But for the most part they've been pretty good on turnaround.
I'd gladly give up a day here and there, though, if they would have someone double check the labeling that actually knows what they are looking at.

Old 10-25-2006, 03:21 PM
Administrator

Posted By: RayB

A few days to receive and log my orders.
Turn around time for the last couple of years has been astounding. Regardless of the type of service, it is graded in anywhere from 3 to 8 days from entry into the system.
I have no issues.
RayB