NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 08-09-2012, 12:26 PM

Default Lakers and D. Howard deal

I am very disturbed as a Lakers Fan. Give up Bynum for D. Howard, yes, ok.

But now I hear the Lakers could let go BOTH Bynum and Gasol - no, no, oh please no, not both, wayyyyy too much to give up. I would never give up both, no,no, no, please say it isn't so.

Big, big, big, mistake if Lakers give up both. Somebody please give Kupchak a slap in the face - wake him up.

Especially no with D. Howard's suspect back problems.

Kobe - go bang down Kupchak's door and stop this nonsense trade talks giving up both Bynum & Gasol !!!
Old 08-09-2012, 02:17 PM
Larry Young

I saw that on BR, I wouldn't put too much faith in it despite the "sources".
Old 08-10-2012, 05:02 AM
Barry Sloate

Looks like the Lakers will get to keep Gasol. Bynum for Howard is bigtime in LA's favor. And although Howard's contract will soon expire, I'm sure they can offer enough to keep him around until he retires. Lakers are a powerhouse.

Last edited by barrysloate; 08-10-2012 at 10:32 AM.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:43 AM

Default Woo Hoo - go Lakers

Whew, was really worried there for a minute - maybe giving up Gasol as well as Bynum - guess Kobe put his foot down to keep Gasol.

Take that, Miami. Let me get out the Kleenex for you.

Lakers shirt getting put on today!
Old 08-10-2012, 02:14 PM

any chance phil jackson comes back if mike brown cant get it done next season?
Old 08-14-2012, 10:42 AM

Default new possible deal?

Now I hear the Lakers are contemplating swapping Pau Gasol for Josh Smith. Statistically, at first glance, appears to be a good deal for the Lakers. But stats don't tell the whole story.

First, Kobe and Gasol have great chemistry. That is an intangible that is very important, maybe more important than pure stats.

Second, Gasol's stats were down last year - not because he didn't play as well, but because he had fewer touches - duh, no wonder his stats were slightly off. With Bynum growing up and not injured, more touches went to Bynum and fewer to Gasol. Given more touches, Gasol would have put up very nice numbers.

Kupchak, we are now set, please let well enough alone and let these players gel without the added anxiety of being on the trade block.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:31 PM
edward broeth

it saddens me that 90% of the great NBA talent is one 4 teams, i may not really watch much NBA basketball this year.

looking for 1952 topps high series commons