NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-25-2004, 10:35 PM
Administrator

Default Ty Cobb Bat Off T206

Posted By: Dave

There is a beautiful Cobb bat off T206 listed currently at

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2782192371&category=31718

Two problems:

It is graded by PRO.
It is a private auction.

Am I just too suspicious?

Old 01-25-2004, 10:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: kyle lentine

Maybe its just me but that card looks way short to me. It could float around easy and never touch and part of that holder.

Old 01-26-2004, 12:05 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Hankron

Don't bid ... Every time a PRO Graded Nrmt-Mt or Mint 1933 Goudey Ruth, T206 Ty Cobb, 1951 Bowman Mickey Mantle or such is offered on eBay, ask youself this simple question: If this seller honestly beleives that this card is in such high condition, why didn't he get it graded or re-graded by PSA or SGC and sell it for thousands of dollar more?

Old 01-26-2004, 05:30 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

Untrimmed one coming up!

Old 01-26-2004, 05:39 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

Old 01-26-2004, 06:57 AM
Administrator

Posted By: runscott

This particular seller has come up in board discussions before - don't know his real name, but I would run (syzygy3.14).

The Cobb bat off used to be a fairly costly card, but due to all the recent fake Polar Bear backs and one dealer who has repeatedly listed two of them recently at prices a bit too high, we're seeing interesting results: opening bid was originally too high so no one bids, then the seller re-lists at a slightly lower price and everyone is getting bored and doesn't bid. Now his cards are finally at a reasonable price, but no one bids because of the appearance that the market is flooded with them, when in fact it's mostly the same dealer listing the same two cards repeatedly.

I like to call this "the DWMorris effect".

Old 01-26-2004, 07:48 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie

14 (nameless!)people have bid on the trimmed Cobb in the PRO holder, and it's over $750...and you can't even warn them! (" compare the borders of this Cobb with any other T206 you have--preferably a non-HOFer, since so many HOFers are trimmed")

Old 01-26-2004, 08:12 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike Ward

It is:

Gary Moser
xxx Main Street
Suite xxx Att: Gary
Farmingdale, NY 11735
xxx-xxx-xxxx

AKA: Jodi-mo – the buying arm before cards are sent to PRO and one or two sales.

syzygy3.14 – sells all PRO cards.

“www.neverpayfullprice.com” (with quotes) – The “straight-arm” of the organization. LOL! They are PSA but it's just a diversion.

There are more handles than this and they also utilize the "private" feature on Ebay.

Look at the format and location of all handles, they are all the same. Run as fast as you can!!!!

Edited to eliminate personal information.

Old 01-26-2004, 08:17 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Weisner

Hi Mike
Actually, I'm pretty sure that syzygy3.14 is Gerry Schwartz, Gary Moser's former partner. I believe they had a falling out sometime last year, but BCD can give you the full scoop.

They do have many handles between them such as Kardrus, PsaCard, weneverpayfull price, etc.

be well Brian

Old 01-26-2004, 08:51 AM
Administrator

Brian, that may be technically correct but it doesn't really make the picture any more rosy. Is that like Bonnie and Clyde falling out of "like" with each other after numerous heists?

Old 01-26-2004, 09:03 AM
Administrator

Hi Mike
I never implied that one was better than the other. In fact I have posted my disapproval of the PRO GROUP on the board for over a year and was only trying to correct an error an keep the story straight. be well brian

Old 01-27-2004, 03:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott P

It is Schwartz. A few months ago I sold him a T205 Tris Speaker on Ebay. It probably would have graded a 4 or 5. A few weeks later the same card under a different ID (I cannot recall now) was noticably smaller in a PRO 9 holder. I know it was the same card because of a specific mark on the back. He sold it for triple what he bought it for. Destroying cards like that I believe just makes unaltered ones more valuable.

Old 01-27-2004, 04:04 PM
Administrator

Warch what they purchase (I don't quite buy the "break-up" of the dealers)and you will see what they buy is soon turned into "Gem-mint 9.5 PROfessional" pieces of garbage. If only the masses knew. The Private function protects the guilty!

Old 01-27-2004, 04:15 PM
Administrator

Hi Mike
I've been tracking their purchases for several months, and they do chop and slab after a little time has passed. They are also begining to sell alot of legit cards as well as a few that have been returned Trimmed from PSA. It looks like they are trying to sell 60-70% legit and 30-40% PRO gRADE TO fool the public into thinking that all of there cards are legit. As far as the breakup goes, I'm only repeating what I've been told and by what I've seen, which is both guys bidding against each other on multiple cards. I don't care if they are partners or ex partners, because they both do the same thing.
Be well Brian
PS I committed a mortal sin last week and purchased an SGC graded card from one of them. I needed the card , but I should have passed. I am ashamed.........

Old 01-27-2004, 05:41 PM
Administrator

but...as I pointed out earlier, there is one arm (of the operation) that is a very questionable seller, one (arm) that appears to come off as a "honest" (SGC & PSA) seller and then there is the "feeder" arm which I know (for a fact) has purchased trimmed cards but sells under the "honest" arm. That's why I'm still skeptical of the inter-relationship. Anyone reading this that follows the named handles and does their homework will see incestual connections. Then there are the shill bidders.....