NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 02-16-2013, 08:41 PM
Shale Levine

Default Buying a Scoreboard Koufax ball and would love an opinion on it

Not sure if this is real, i think it is but would like a confirmation
Attached Images
File Type: jpg koufax.jpg (69.5 KB, 183 views)
Old 02-16-2013, 09:01 PM
Matthew
Ma.tt Wy.llie

What kind of ball is that? Doesn't look like an OMLB.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:34 PM
Shale Levine

That was what bothered me too. It is a Rawlings official league ball. I emailed Ken Goldin but have not heard back yet.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:44 PM

I thought he said scoreboard never had holograms
Old 02-16-2013, 10:04 PM

I would vote no on this ball, FWIW. Sorry
Old 02-16-2013, 11:10 PM
Ken Goldin

FAKE
not a Sb ball
not a koufax sig
may i ask where this ball is being offered?
Old 02-16-2013, 11:11 PM
Ken Goldin

my email is ken@goldinauctions.com

I have NOT received an email from you and my email is up and running
Old 02-17-2013, 12:59 AM
Shale Levine

It is on ebay
Old 02-17-2013, 01:00 AM
Shale Levine

Item number
Old 02-17-2013, 07:16 AM
Steve Zarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
What kind of ball is that? Doesn't look like an OMLB.
Looks like the hologram is covering the China marking.

Can we all agree that when a pricey signature is on a plastic China ball, it's fake at least 98% of the time?
Old 02-17-2013, 07:28 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper View Post
Looks like the hologram is covering the China marking.

Can we all agree that when a pricey signature is on a plastic China ball, it's fake at least 98% of the time?
Also, original Scoreboard certs never included a hologram.

I am seeing more and more holograms on both original and reproduced Scoreboard certs "thanks" to the "Florida" connection.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:35 AM
Christopher Williams

Default Ebay seller bubby15 Mickey Mantle forgery

Ebay seller bubby15 attempted to sell the below Mickey Mantle forgery. Notice the hologram on the Scoreboard cert.

bubby-3.JPG

bubby-4.JPG
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bubby-2.JPG (68.7 KB, 137 views)

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 02-17-2013 at 07:36 AM.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:44 AM
Richard Simon

That is one Fugly f------ ball.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 02-17-2013, 09:47 AM
Chuck Tapia

yeah, apparently that's the Tony "Don't call me Jorge" Podsada's newest scam. The scorebaord cert with a hologram on it and on the item itself. These items are usually cheap crap that no on would ever have sign...almost like that horrible Koufax. It's been going on for some time. If you want to start somewhere Ken, it would be nice to put the brakes on that guy. He belongs in JAIL!!!!

He obviously is full of himself and has NO RESPECT for you Ken. A couple of years ago, that Ass clown contacted me through e-bay and told me he used to buy for JC Penny, Blah Blah blah and he was the one who sued Scoreboard and WON! He tried to convince me that those horrible Mantle's were real. When you looked at what he was buying at the time, there were nothing but REAL Mantle's at full price.

He also told me that "Mickey liked the old guy (Nicolas Birdsick) when he met him".

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 02-17-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:44 AM
Mike Navarro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
Looks like the Mick had cleavage in that rendering
Old 02-17-2013, 12:03 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Maybe it's just a personal preference. BUT I don't trust anything on a cheap ball.. Especially, in the case of a guy like Koufax...If you had a chance to get Koufax to sign something, why not spend the extra couple of bucks on a legit ball?

"Hey hunny, Koufax is signing today, can you run out to the Wal-mart and pick me up one of those little league balls, and a fresh pack of under-shirts."

To an extent, I can understand seeing guys like Alvaro Espinosa, Casey Candaele, Jose Offerman, Doug Strange, Razor Shines, Todd Benzinger and Steve Balboni on junk balls.. MAYBE even a modern star, who may not have been expect to amount to much while in the minors. But BIG name players, who have been well established already? It just doesn't make sense..

Last edited by novakjr; 02-17-2013 at 12:05 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:41 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
yeah, apparently that's the Tony "Don't call me Jorge" Podsada's newest scam. The scorebaord cert with a hologram on it and on the item itself. These items are usually cheap crap that no on would ever have sign...almost like that horrible Koufax. It's been going on for some time. If you want to start somewhere Ken, it would be nice to put the brakes on that guy. He belongs in JAIL!!!!

He obviously is full of himself and has NO RESPECT for you Ken. A couple of years ago, that Ass clown contacted me through e-bay and told me he used to buy for JC Penny, Blah Blah blah and he was the one who sued Scoreboard and WON! He tried to convince me that those horrible Mantle's were real. When you looked at what he was buying at the time, there were nothing but REAL Mantle's at full price.

He also told me that "Mickey liked the old guy (Nicolas Birdsick) when he met him".
When the crap started in Florida on Always at Auction they were selling photos that were 4x6 (?) or 5x7 (?), I forget which size but not 8x10.
They probably sold thousands of those photos in those sizes. Who would have paid Mickey, Ted and Joe D. all that money to sign those off size photos. Without even looking at the signature anyone with hobby knowledge could tell that it was bogus crap by just using a little logic.
It seems that some people are just cheap especially when running a scam.
Kenny was it you who had them sign those photos? .
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 02-17-2013, 04:05 PM
Ken Goldin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
When the crap started in Florida on Always at Auction they were selling photos that were 4x6 (?) or 5x7 (?), I forget which size but not 8x10.
They probably sold thousands of those photos in those sizes. Who would have paid Mickey, Ted and Joe D. all that money to sign those off size photos. Without even looking at the signature anyone with hobby knowledge could tell that it was bogus crap by just using a little logic.
It seems that some people are just cheap especially when running a scam.
Kenny was it you who had them sign those photos? .
Ted Williams, Joe DiMaggio and Mickey Mantle never signed a 4x6 or 5x7 photo under their SB contracts. In fact, in a peculiar quirk, DiMaggio actually had size restrictions in his contract on photo sizes he would let be signed, and he did not allow anything smaller then 8x10.

and, it has been previously stated, but I will restate. Tony Podsada and 'my favorite player' were sued by SB in 1991 and again in 1994 seeking permanent injunctions from selling a long laundry list of athletes, including but not limtied to
Mantle, Dimaggio, T WIlliams, Aaron, Mays Ali, Gretzky, Montana, etc. The reason for this lawsuit was to prevent him and MFP from selling FORGERIES, which they were doing. Both times they agreed to stop, in writing, and signed consent decrees that had the same legal effect of a permanent injunction. I have copies of the lawsuits as well as the court orders PERMANENTLY stopping them from selling these autographs.
so no, they did not win a lawsuit.
I will continue to help pursue him until he is permanently stopped, and will alway make myself available to answer questions so none of you and none of the collecting hobby makes a mistake and buys one of his bogus autos that his team has been attempting to pass off as authentic.
ken@goldinauctions.com

Last edited by kengoldin; 02-17-2013 at 04:22 PM. Reason: fix spell error
Old 02-17-2013, 08:32 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by kengoldin View Post
Ted Williams, Joe DiMaggio and Mickey Mantle never signed a 4x6 or 5x7 photo under their SB contracts. In fact, in a peculiar quirk, DiMaggio actually had size restrictions in his contract on photo sizes he would let be signed, and he did not allow anything smaller then 8x10.

and, it has been previously stated, but I will restate. Tony Podsada and 'my favorite player' were sued by SB in 1991 and again in 1994 seeking permanent injunctions from selling a long laundry list of athletes, including but not limtied to
Mantle, Dimaggio, T WIlliams, Aaron, Mays Ali, Gretzky, Montana, etc. The reason for this lawsuit was to prevent him and MFP from selling FORGERIES, which they were doing. Both times they agreed to stop, in writing, and signed consent decrees that had the same legal effect of a permanent injunction. I have copies of the lawsuits as well as the court orders PERMANENTLY stopping them from selling these autographs.
so no, they did not win a lawsuit.
I will continue to help pursue him until he is permanently stopped, and will alway make myself available to answer questions so none of you and none of the collecting hobby makes a mistake and buys one of his bogus autos that his team has been attempting to pass off as authentic.
ken@goldinauctions.com
That's EXACTLY what I thought and I wish you all the best. It's really sickening. I'm happy that you could help many collectors piece the disgraceful forgery puzzle together. Thanks a million Ken Your candidness is greatly appreciated.