NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 03-22-2016, 07:26 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Hey Adam,
My opinion is the signature is good too. You can send me 80 bucks please . With all of these conversations it's interesting that there are so many dollars flying into the autograph arena. It almost seems like it's gambling. And I thought the grading of cards was bad....
Uh, oh,, Leon is authenticating autographs now .
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 03-22-2016, 07:34 AM

Default Psa/jsa

P.S. with no "A" So the card was NEVER slabbed previously…it had a paper COA. I had the card since perhaps 1988 or so and purchased it from a person who said they got it signed in person--then somewhere along the way decided to have the "new" company PSA do a certificate on it around the year 2000 or so. I had acquired the complete gold set at that time including the Foxx/Bancroft/etc. (all others passed with no trouble) but it was time to sell for college funding. Mr. O and I still do not speak…but he knows who I am when passing….I don't submit any autographs to PSA….I could see them not passing anything I submit to them regardless if real or not just by name recognition filled out on their form. Congratulations on a great card--perhaps the only one out there front signed…It sounds like it has found a nice home….daughter is now through college and teaching. And if we are not talking about the same story/card---then I apologize for this rant.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:41 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Heck, it's yes or no, so I should be able to hit 50% correct. From what I read on this board it might be as good as some who are charging for their opinions. I always say if I ever get into collecting autos it will be on legal docs or maybe checks (which still need to be vetted of course). Thank you for your participation on the board, Richard. I am sure you have helped far more collectors than you know. Great discussions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
Uh, oh,, Leon is authenticating autographs now .

Last edited by Leon; 03-22-2016 at 09:42 AM.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:59 AM
Fr3d mcKi3

Hi All:

I am the OP. As stated the Robinson HOF PC is owned by an attorney friend.

Richard, and others here who are in the know about autographs, should he submit it to PSA for authentication?

Richard and his J. Robinson collector and others here feel the signature is legit. After reading other posts here where JSA turned an item down where PSA said it was good and vice versa it seems like a way to go.

What say you all?

Thanks,

Fred
Old 03-22-2016, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicollector1954 View Post
Hey Brooklyn…that HOF "Goose" front signed was never slabbed the first time. It was just submitted to auction along with others in a complete collection at the time. PSA did not have the COA when it was presented to them….they only had the card. The owner still had the COA. They ended up paying to get the certificate into their hands for their mistake which was mutually agreed upon. The HOF plaque was then taken to JSA who honored it again as genuine the same way they did when they worked for PSA. The card was then apparently slabbed (was a new thing) and sold by a major auction house and the money was used to help put a daughter through college. There were several conference calls involved with Mr. O about this issue/problem and a lot of strong pressure put on the owner of the card by PSA to return the certificate to them so they could "perhaps destroy" it but in the end, they had to pay for their mistake. At one point nearing the conclusion of this mess, they changed their minds about payment (top two people) after it was mutually agreed to with an additional phone call only to find out that a written copy of the agreement signed by another PSA employee to pay for this mistake existed and then they ultimately changed their minds in a hurry and payment was sent. A lot of stress and sleepless nights to be sure. So there is in fact a previous similar situation that has taken place involving JSA but from the other end of the spectrum.
The card had a psa sticker which was removed, the major auction house never let on this information. I obviously must have misspoken about it being slabbed by psa, but that is obviously immaterial to the situation. The card was sold individually, not in a collection (although it could've been submitted that way) and I passed mostly because of the non-disclosure of the auction house. I don't fault the seller at all (you?) for selling it, I merely disagreed with the way the sale was handled. I have had several items I purchased from auction houses fail a tpa opinion, only to have the auction house send it in and the item pass. It's the nature of the beast...
Old 03-22-2016, 04:01 PM
Joe D
Joe Do.oley

http://oct08.hugginsandscott.com/cgi...pl?itemid=9594

This one? Had no idea one existed till it came up in 08. Not sure I have ever seen another one. Any know why he preferred signing only on the back?

Last edited by jad22; 03-22-2016 at 04:04 PM.
Old 03-22-2016, 04:06 PM

Default Psa/jsa

That would be the one…all other golds were also mine…some were opted to be sold in groupings while others were sold individually.