NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Live Auctions - Only 2-3 open, per member, at once.

Old 08-23-2016, 10:59 AM
Ryan Waggoner

Default Question about what happens after an auction is over.

Looking for board consensus. If you run an auction and somebody wins, and you message them letting them know they've won and tell them where to send payment, how long should you wait before either relisting the card at auction or going to the next bidder and seeing if they'd like that card?

It's not an issue with any of my auctions at this point. It's more wanting to know what to do going forward.

Thanks.

P.S. Also, is there a recommended amount of time one should list an auction for? 7 days? 2 weeks? 3 days? Just curious.
Old 08-23-2016, 11:15 AM
Ben North

Hopefully you would hear from the winning bidder within 24 hours. Payment should also be made within that same 24 hours unless the seller and buyer make different arrangements.

I have made a ton of purchases on this forum and that is how I have done it.
Old 08-23-2016, 11:18 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNightmanCometh View Post
Looking for board consensus. If you run an auction and somebody wins, and you message them letting them know they've won and tell them where to send payment, how long should you wait before either relisting the card at auction or going to the next bidder and seeing if they'd like that card?
After you message them, if you don't hear back from them within 3 days, I would relist the item or contact the next highest bidder. Now, if they reply and say they can't pay for 3 days, 5 days, etc, that's different. It may be frustrating, but at least they communicated with you. But if we're talking no communication at all, then I would only wait 3 days.
Old 08-23-2016, 11:25 AM
Ryan Waggoner

Thanks for the opinions and I appreciate the quick replys.

I will take both into consideration when the time comes.
Old 08-24-2016, 04:35 AM
T!M R10rd@n

If you are concerned about it, then you could simply put it in the terms of your auction . . .

"Payment is expected within x days of auction ending"

Then there can be no misunderstanding.
Old 08-24-2016, 07:21 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
After you message them, if you don't hear back from them within 3 days, I would relist the item or contact the next highest bidder. Now, if they reply and say they can't pay for 3 days, 5 days, etc, that's different. It may be frustrating, but at least they communicated with you. But if we're talking no communication at all, then I would only wait 3 days.
3 days sounds more than reasonable without any communication from the winning bidder. Unfortunately I recently had this happen.
Old 08-24-2016, 10:11 AM
Nick Barnes

I reckon that if there is no communication then 3 days is a good turn around time to relist. I've bought a few things on here and asked to pay a day or two later and all the sellers have been cool. But if I had not discussed this with them and just took it upon myself to pay them 3 days later only to find it had been relisted i would have no one to blame but myself. It's not hard to say "Yes I want XYZ but can I pay you Thursday after I get paid?" I doubt many sellers would reject that if you asked and it gives them a clear deadline.

Now, if after that you didn't pay them they'd have the right to relist and refuse to sell to you anymore.

It all boils down to communication, If you have a lot of it, almost anything can be handled, if you have little to none of it, not much gets accomplished.
Old 08-24-2016, 10:31 AM
Wes.ley Wh.ite

You have dorks like myself, that ask the seller if they can wait until next payday for payment (of coarse dont ship until payment is made).

However, if the seller is open to that, then it DOES help the seller, because if he cant/wont wait until payday, I am not bidding it up, because I have a card budget and can only spend so much.
If the seller says "Yes", then i will go as high as I need to win the card, even if I spend my entire budget on the one sale.

BTW, EVERY net54 person I have had this happen to, has been more than accommodating on this, and is very much appreciated.
Old 08-25-2016, 06:58 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Our community is small and close knit. Almost everyone helps when asked but communication, as pointed out, is ALWAYS key. Just communicate and it makes things so much easier. If I buy something I always try to pay immediately or I might forget to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Nole View Post
You have dorks like myself, that ask the seller if they can wait until next payday for payment (of coarse dont ship until payment is made).

However, if the seller is open to that, then it DOES help the seller, because if he cant/wont wait until payday, I am not bidding it up, because I have a card budget and can only spend so much.
If the seller says "Yes", then i will go as high as I need to win the card, even if I spend my entire budget on the one sale.

BTW, EVERY net54 person I have had this happen to, has been more than accommodating on this, and is very much appreciated.
Old 08-25-2016, 03:36 PM
Ryan Waggoner

Since I started this thread I'm going to take advantage by asking another question.

What are the generally accepted rules on bumping your auction thread? Can you do it? If so, what is acceptable? Is it frowned upon?

Thanks
Old 08-25-2016, 03:40 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

For auctions, I only bump the day the auction ends. If you put up good stuff, you won't need to bump - the bidders do that for you.
Old 08-25-2016, 11:59 PM
Ryan Waggoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
For auctions, I only bump the day the auction ends. If you put up good stuff, you won't need to bump - the bidders do that for you.
That's a good point and I appreciate the feedback. For the item I listed I only bumped one time and it was exactly how you do it, the day the auction was ended.
Old 08-27-2016, 07:12 PM
And*y Quig!ey

On this board if I hear from the buyer within a couple of days and they ask for some time to pay I'd be willing to wait at least a week.
Old 08-28-2016, 06:16 PM
Ryan Waggoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajquigs View Post
On this board if I hear from the buyer within a couple of days and they ask for some time to pay I'd be willing to wait at least a week.
That seems very reasonable. I imagine things are different if you don't here from the buyer after a couple of days.

As something OT, and I didn't want to start a new thread about it, does anyone else have issues seeing sent messages, as in not being able to see them at all. It says I have 47 sent messages, but I can't access them.

Last edited by TheNightmanCometh; 08-28-2016 at 06:17 PM.
Old 08-29-2016, 06:46 PM

Default Your box isn't "checked"

..go to "private messages"....click "send a new private message".....scroll all the way down to the bottom and check the third box down...."save in my sent" or something like that...Good luck down in there , it's techie hell...