NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 01-15-2017, 06:18 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Default Dallas Cowboys

delete..

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 01-15-2017 at 06:20 PM.
Old 01-15-2017, 06:43 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 View Post
delete..
I agree. Now football is meaningless till next year.
Old 01-15-2017, 07:00 PM
N
Banned

I was cheering them on, even though I am a Wisconsinite. Aaron Rodgers played one heck of a game...so did Jared Cook! Great game to watch over pizza and root beer!
Old 01-16-2017, 07:37 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
delete..
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I agree. Now football is meaningless till next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdunkin1 View Post
I was cheering them on, even though I am a Wisconsinite. Aaron Rodgers played one heck of a game...so did Jared Cook! Great game to watch over pizza and root beer!
Haters and traitor (?)

Running the table with adult beverages.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:34 AM
D3nn!s B@!!ou

Great game, no one should be hanging their heads.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:36 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Econteachert205 View Post
Great game, no one should be hanging their heads.
My wife is...

..I am a fair weather fan so could care less.....however, it is kind of fun seeing everyone get all excited and everything (being from the Dallas area)....

ps...this might be one of Kevin's better threads....

Last edited by Leon; 01-16-2017 at 09:36 AM.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:46 AM
Belltown Vintage

Hey Frank! Hope you are doing well.

I've been a Cowboys fan since 1966, so there are now grown-up Cowboys haters out there who weren't even fetuses yet when I had been supporting them for thirty years. And there are Falcons fans out there who have never seen their team win a Super Bowl - all of them, in fact. That's got to be tough. As a life-long Astros fan, I think I know how they feel.

Aaron Rodgers was brilliant yesterday. The 'half Mary' pass was tough to watch, but you have to give the guy credit. I think the NFC Championship game is going to be a doozy with those two great quarterbacks.

Either Atlanta or Green Bay will be fun to watch in the Super Bowl.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:54 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Scott,

I did not see Kevin's post before it was deleted. Ben's post seems supportive though, so they are both presumably Cowboy fans as are you. I am not a Cowboy hater though. I think Zak and Zeke have a great future in Dallas.

However, I was referring to all the prior posts as Packer haters (or NJ as a WI traitor??).

I really doubt that any of us are true "haters". We are just partial to our teams.

A compilation of Rodgers' game winning last play heroics are unassailable as unbelievable, whether you are a Packer fan or not. Remember the game winning Hail Mary in Detroit last year and the similar pass to Cobb to end the first half two weeks ago. Now you can add the Jared Cook catch to the career highlight video.

This year at 4-6, I really had my doubts, but when Rodgers made his "run the table" comment, I wasn't about to doubt him, as unlikely as it might have seemed. I remember the "R-E-L-A-X" comment to the Packer faithful several years ago after a few early season losses. He was correct then.

Now with two games to go to run the table and it certainly is not a lock, but at this point it at least seems plausible, if not likely to some.

The final three games should be interesting to all of us, even if our favorite team is not participating. If the Cowboys are your team, you are still welcome to tune in.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.

Last edited by frankbmd; 01-16-2017 at 11:11 AM.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:11 AM
N
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post

However, I was referring to all the prior posts as Packer haters (or NJ as a WI traitor??).

For the specific game, I was a traitor . It started as a joke on Sunday morning, actually. I'm not a Cowboy fan, and I actually like watching Aaron Rodgers. Since I live in the heart of Green Bay territory, I decided it would be good fun to irk all of the local green and gold fans by chanting "Go Cowboys!" after worship on Sunday morning.
I called GB winning the championship last Sunday at about 6:30 PM...so far I'm feeling pretty good about my decision.
Go Packoys!
NJ
Old 01-16-2017, 11:37 AM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

Someone betta call the Fire Department, The PACKERS are on Fire!!!!!
**As far as residing in Georgia, I never bet on my hometeam Atlanta Falcons. NEVER!!! The only thing positive is that we get more cashflow into the much needed city for the new stadiums being built.
*** As far as office pools $$$- We use to do 'buy squares'. Where after each quarter, the last digits of each team are used in a grid.
Ping Bodie, Sam Rice

Last edited by pawpawdiv9; 01-16-2017 at 11:41 AM.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:53 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
I really doubt that any of us are true "haters". We are just partial to our teams.
Frank - I'm a Patriot hater. I'm not proud of it, but it just happened and I can't do anything about it

If I didn't grow up with the Cowboys, I'm sure I would be a Cowboy hater - the 'America's team' thing is annoying, even to me.

BTW - Kevin is definitely a Falcon fan. He is the only one I have ever 'met', and I lived there for 10 years.
Old 01-16-2017, 12:06 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
The final three games should be interesting to all of us, even if our favorite team is not participating. If the Cowboys are your team, you are still welcome to tune in.
I grew up HATING the Packers. They beat us in two consecutive NFL championships, then Lombardi left, guaranteeing that we could never get proper revenge.

Now the Packers are just plain likable, even for a Cowboys fan. How can you not like an Aaron Rodgers commercial? He's a good actor and he's funny, plus he's following up a guy who texted photos of his junk, so he automatically seems better. And he goes out on the field and kicks butt, even bringing the 'Hail Mary' back into fashion. I hated that 30-yard pass yesterday, but on the other hand, I admired the way Rodgers made it happen, and I fully expected it. I hope they go to the Super Bowl and give Brady (America's Quarterback) and painful defeat.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:39 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdunkin1 View Post
For the specific game, I was a traitor . It started as a joke on Sunday morning, actually. I'm not a Cowboy fan, and I actually like watching Aaron Rodgers. Since I live in the heart of Green Bay territory, I decided it would be good fun to irk all of the local green and gold fans by chanting "Go Cowboys!" after worship on Sunday morning.
I called GB winning the championship last Sunday at about 6:30 PM...so far I'm feeling pretty good about my decision.
Go Packoys!
NJ
That is funny, I do the same here with the Vikings being in Viking territory. I have been a Cowboys fan since I was a little kid, my favorite 2 teams are the Cowboys and whoever is playing the Vikings.
Old 01-16-2017, 04:13 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
I grew up HATING the Packers. They beat us in two consecutive NFL championships, then Lombardi left, guaranteeing that we could never get proper revenge.

Now the Packers are just plain likable, even for a Cowboys fan. How can you not like an Aaron Rodgers commercial? He's a good actor and he's funny, plus he's following up a guy who texted photos of his junk, so he automatically seems better. And he goes out on the field and kicks butt, even bringing the 'Hail Mary' back into fashion. I hated that 30-yard pass yesterday, but on the other hand, I admired the way Rodgers made it happen, and I fully expected it. I hope they go to the Super Bowl and give Brady (America's Quarterback) and painful defeat.

As a Giants fan I hate, hate, hate the Cowboys, but even I would have rooted for them over the Patriots.

Great game that neither team really deserved to lose, as both played great. Packers just happened to be the last team with the ball.

Both FG kickers were also very clutch.
Old 01-16-2017, 04:27 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
As a Giants fan I hate, hate, hate the Cowboys, but even I would have rooted for them over the Patriots.

Great game that neither team really deserved to lose, as both played great. Packers just happened to be the last team with the ball.

Both FG kickers were also very clutch.
I don't think I believe you really hate the Cowboys. Give it another go.
Old 01-16-2017, 04:37 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Well, I'm going to be really torn next week as the only two NFL teams I care for are meeting each other.

I can only hope that it doesn't get decided by some bad or missed call...I think the officials have had a pretty sorry post-season so far.

I can't see Atlanta's defense stopping Rodgers' Magic, but I also don't see the Packers' defense containing all of Matt Ryan's options.

It will be very surprising if it's NOT a great game.

It may not live up to the Green Bay-Dallas game or the Clemson-Alabama thriller, but, if it comes close...we will all be very blessed.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 01-16-2017, 04:40 PM
Dave

Quote:
I don't think I believe you really hate the Cowboys. Give it another go.

I believe that Troy Aikman and Moose Johnston were half siblings born of a satanic love triangle between Larry Hagman, Shelley Winters and Craig Morton.

Old 01-16-2017, 05:37 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
I believe that Troy Aikman and Moose Johnston were half siblings born of a satanic love triangle between Larry Hagman, Shelley Winters and Craig Morton.

Now I believe you. I'm scared of you, but I believe you.
Old 01-17-2017, 03:04 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Can the Falcons just somewhat contain Rodgers? Clayborn is a huge loss for Atlanta on the defensive line... I can't believe it, but the over/under in Vegas is 62! That has got to be a record for an NFL game...
Old 01-17-2017, 03:23 PM
octavio ranzola

im a redskin fan go back to larry brown and billy kilmer.dallas had a hell of a season ..my redskins they stink.
Old 01-17-2017, 03:54 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Can the Falcons just somewhat contain Rodgers? Clayborn is a huge loss for Atlanta on the defensive line... I can't believe it, but the over/under in Vegas is 62! That has got to be a record for an NFL game...
It was a playoff game record at 60, which surprises me given that the Cowboys/Packers game had 65 points.

This should be a great game, but I'm still in too much pain to watch football. Hoping to be repaired by the Super Bowl.
Old 01-17-2017, 05:10 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
delete..
Quote:
Is this a Net54 first?

The OP of this thread deletes his first post (presumably the reason for the thread) and then returns 2 days later to post a comment.

I'm not complaining, or even throwing a penalty flag. No harm, no foul IMO.

274/1000 Monster Number

Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 01-17-2017, 05:19 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

My God, let me delete again....The only reason why I replied was because of all the comments that followed the original post.

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 01-17-2017 at 05:21 PM.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:16 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

As one who used to have to clean white-out off my first monitor's screen, I understand the need to delete even after starting a new thread.

While I have sometimes backed out or previewed my initial posts, I can see how easy it would be to wind up with a 'd1' thread.

It's all just a matter of when or if you change your mind...no big deal IMHO

I'm just proud that I almost always check my punctuation and spelling before posting.

Kevin, that is not directed at you...just something I take pride in.

Play on, folks.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente

Last edited by clydepepper; 01-17-2017 at 09:17 PM.
Old 01-18-2017, 10:39 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
My God, let me delete again....The only reason why I replied was because of all the comments that followed the original post.
Okay, maybe I'm giving you too much credit, but I thought 'Delete' WAS the intentional post, as in 'Cowboys deleted'. I thought it was sort of brilliant.
Old 01-18-2017, 03:21 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Okay, maybe I'm giving you too much credit, but I thought 'Delete' WAS the intentional post, as in 'Cowboys deleted'. I thought it was sort of brilliant.
yes!
Old 01-19-2017, 01:38 PM
Belltown Vintage

This sums up my feelings at the moment:

Last edited by Runscott; 09-10-2018 at 02:49 PM.