NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 06-22-2023, 12:25 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Lot of Met fans who hate Beltran or Carlos Delgado will wax poetic about Joe McEwing. Twisted fan base in a lot of ways.
That feels like a (very) invented argument. Don't know many Mets fans that don't love Delgado, don't know many that love McEwing. Beltran, on the other hand, was a fine player. He'll always get heat in my view for leaving his bat on his shoulder for one of the more important at bats in Mets history. That is what it is. His Astros nonsense doesn't help either. With respect to Lindor, it's hard to judge a fan base that isn't happy with a guy who hit .235 his first full year as a Met and is hitting .215 this year. That's just gross and that, along with his OPS numbers, are a far cry from what he used to do. A fine player but leading this franchise to a pennant does not seem to be in the cards. Mets need to focus on developing talent and not trading for and then signing players that another team is more than willing to give up. Cleveland does not regret trading Lindor. I guarantee it.
Old 06-22-2023, 12:56 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Lindor's a good scapegoat due to the contract but he's been fine. I'm just glad we didn't sign Correa! Best move the Mets have made in years
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry
Old 06-22-2023, 05:26 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyStrawberry View Post
Lindor's a good scapegoat due to the contract but he's been fine. I'm just glad we didn't sign Correa! Best move the Mets have made in years
Bobby,

Not sure how old you are, but do you remember when Bud Harrelson was an All Star SS for the Mets, now a member of the Mets Hall of Fame, and he hit 7 HRs in 16 years. Averaged like 25 RBI for a season.

Just sayin.

Yes, Lindor has been a complete and utter embarassment.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 06-22-2023 at 05:26 PM.
Old 06-22-2023, 05:58 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Beltran

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...been-justified
Old 06-22-2023, 06:29 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Bobby,

Not sure how old you are, but do you remember when Bud Harrelson was an All Star SS for the Mets, now a member of the Mets Hall of Fame, and he hit 7 HRs in 16 years. Averaged like 25 RBI for a season.

Just sayin.

Love for Harrelson probably has nothing to do with this:

“Harrelson is the only person to take part in both of the Mets' World Series championships and appear in the first three world series for the team; he won in 1969 and appeared in the 1973 World Series as a player and in 1986 as a coach. Harrelson is also the only person in Mets franchise history to have appeared in four playoff seasons; as a player in 1969 and 1973; and as a coach in 1986 and 1988.“
Old 06-22-2023, 07:34 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Bobby,

Just sayin.

I'm old enough to remember Harrelson the manager, but not the player
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry
Old 06-22-2023, 10:12 PM
Ti.m O'Don.ovan

Quote:
Lot of Met fans who hate Beltran or Carlos Delgado will wax poetic about Joe McEwing. Twisted fan base in a lot of ways.
Ridiculous. No Mets fan ever said that. Lindor has a 726 OPS for a number 3 hitter and the supposed star player. He is a big problem. He is a very good fielder that is durable. He is not the impact player that Piazza and Beltran were and there is 8 years left of this.
Old 06-23-2023, 06:28 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by tod41 View Post
Ridiculous. No Mets fan ever said that. Lindor has a 726 OPS for a number 3 hitter and the supposed star player. He is a big problem. He is a very good fielder that is durable. He is not the impact player that Piazza and Beltran were and there is 8 years left of this.
Well Said.

And for me different times and different conversations. Lindor is not living up to his contract but even if he was the team would still be bad. The issues are still how the team was built (Eppler bad job), the performance of many players(Sherzer, Verlander, etc etc), and even the managing has not been up to par. Even the lack of hustles, the lack of discipline the little things.

In the end they can turn it around but We are not expecting it.

They should be sellers leading up to the trade deadline and make space for new players for next year.

Sadly

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 06-23-2023, 06:48 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

I'm old enough to remember when people bitched incessanrtly about Piazza. For years. He was never very good until he retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreality68 View Post
Well Said.

And for me different times and different conversations. Lindor is not living up to his contract but even if he was the team would still be bad. The issues are still how the team was built (Eppler bad job), the performance of many players(Sherzer, Verlander, etc etc), and even the managing has not been up to par. Even the lack of hustles, the lack of discipline the little things.

They should be sellers leading up to the trade deadline and make space for new players for next year.

Sadly
Old 06-23-2023, 06:51 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Yeah, no Mets fan every talked about how special Joe McEwing was. Not one. Never happened. Not one guy.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...c-new-york-met

Quote:
Well Said.

Sadly

Last edited by Snapolit1; 06-23-2023 at 06:57 AM.
Old 06-23-2023, 07:12 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
I'm old enough to remember when people bitched incessanrtly about Piazza. For years. He was never very good until he retired.
Fans booed Piazza a lot during his first season, its funny how some fans forget that or even denied that it happened.
Old 06-23-2023, 07:21 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Steve Cohen felt he needed to sign Lindor to send a message that the Wilpons were not running the team anymore.

Fans can't see past the contract and will always use that to trash Lindor. The contract does not stop the Mets from signing other players, evidenced by the Carlos Correa contract. Why do fans care so much about a players salary? If Lindor was making $10M, fans would love him.
Old 06-23-2023, 08:37 AM
H Murphy

The Mets remind me of the Snyder/Redskins days when they just threw truck loads pf money around. Side note, thought they should have gone all in on Mookie Betts. Could they have signed him, who knows, but he`d surely have helped a great deal.
Old 06-23-2023, 11:03 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUM301 View Post
The Mets remind me of the Snyder/Redskins days when they just threw truck loads pf money around. Side note, thought they should have gone all in on Mookie Betts. Could they have signed him, who knows, but he`d surely have helped a great deal.
The Wilpons owned the Mets at that time and they never would've paid Betts.
Old 06-23-2023, 07:07 PM
Ti.m O'Don.ovan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim65 View Post
Fans booed Piazza a lot during his first season, its funny how some fans forget that or even denied that it happened.
It's not about what fans did - it's about what Pizza did. Lindor was paid like he was an impact superstar player which he is clearly not. Piazza, for the most part, delivered.
Old 06-23-2023, 07:10 PM
Ti.m O'Don.ovan

Quote:
Irrelevant. Has Lindor played like Piazza did from 98 to 01?
Old 06-24-2023, 04:32 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
Originally Posted by tod41 View Post
It's not about what fans did - it's about what Pizza did. Lindor was paid like he was an impact superstar player which he is clearly not. Piazza, for the most part, delivered.
Honestly, I do not care what Lindor makes,it has no effect on signing other players so its irrelevant.

Lindor was an impact player last year and is on pace for 30 HR/ 100 RBI this year and plays good defense. How many shortstops will have those numbers?
Old 06-24-2023, 06:27 AM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Honestly, I do not care what Lindor makes,it has no effect on signing other players so its irrelevant.

Lindor was an impact player last year and is on pace for 30 HR/ 100 RBI this year and plays good defense. How many shortstops will have those numbers?
He’s also on pace for the most strikeouts in his career (by far), the lowest batting average in his career, and the second lowest ops in his career (the only season lower being his first season as a Met).
Old 06-24-2023, 07:32 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter08 View Post
He’s also on pace for the most strikeouts in his career (by far), the lowest batting average in his career, and the second lowest ops in his career (the only season lower being his first season as a Met).
His BA doesn't bother me, he's hitting .277 w/.878 OPS with RISP and .286 w/.875 OPS with RISP and 2 outs, thats more important to me.
Old 06-24-2023, 07:34 AM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
His BA doesn't bother me, he's hitting .277 w/.878 OPS with RISP and .286 w/.875 OPS with RISP and 2 outs, thats more important to me.
There’s a point where the batting average and on base percentage is so low that he’s not creating RISP for others, especially since he’s locked in at the top of the order. Hitting .218 is too low for a third batter in my opinion.
Old 06-24-2023, 09:50 AM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

At least they finally got rid of Escobar. Time to move some more dead weight!!
Old 06-27-2023, 11:45 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
At least they finally got rid of Escobar. Time to move some more dead weight!!
Was happy to see him go and they got some minor leaguers hopefully they are good and will grow with the organization over time. I think they said they were both in the 18-20 range in LA’s minor league system. So nothing glamorous and potentially nothing for the major leagues for a few years.

The bigger issue is the overall lack of offense. Verlander pitched 5 shit out innnings and the team lost.

Jeff Kuhr

Looking for
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Old 06-27-2023, 12:02 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Was happy to see him go and they got some minor leaguers hopefully they are good and will grow with the organization over time. I think they said they were both in the 18-20 range in LA’s minor league system. So nothing glamorous and potentially nothing for the major leagues for a few years.

The bigger issue is the overall lack of offense. Verlander pitched 5 shit out innnings and the team lost.
And the bullpen, which I think of truly horrific, actually pitched just fine. This just strikes me as a team that won’t put things together. They’ll score 9 in an 11-9 loss or score nothing when the pitchers actually show up. That strikes me as a symptom of purchased guys. Love some of the young guns coming up. Think long term and get prospects that can develop rather than a bunch of older players that you’re locking in for their worst seasons at huge money.
Old 06-27-2023, 04:20 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:

I agree. And with their bullpen stretched to the limit, Buck uses their best guys in games they're losing and then they aren't available when they're winning!!
Old 06-28-2023, 06:35 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

and we can all criticize Lindor all we want and his low average but he is one the top offensive Shortstops at the moment with his HR's and RBI's

Jeff Kuhr

Looking for
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Old 06-28-2023, 12:06 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
and we can all criticize Lindor all we want and his low average but he is one the top offensive Shortstops at the moment with his HR's and RBI's
There are at least 5 guys I think are legitimately better at his very position. The position is loaded. He has not made an all star team as Met (and didn’t at the end of his Cleveland career) and he will not make it this year. Those are not a great signs for your flagship, highest paid offensive player player.
Old 06-28-2023, 05:56 PM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
There are at least 5 guys I think are legitimately better at his very position. The position is loaded. He has not made an all star team as Met (and didn’t at the end of his Cleveland career) and he will not make it this year. Those are not a great signs for your flagship, highest paid offensive player player.
You are right the position is stacked and I agree he has not lived up to his contract
But amongst all MLB shortstops
#1 in Home Runs with 16
#1 in RBI with 54
#1 in Runs with 46
# 3 total bases with 134
#6 in WAR at 2.4

So his batting average sucks but

So position might be stack but offense wise he is producing compared to his Shortstop peers
And defensively he is still solid

And more importantly his lousy contract looks better then some of the other Shortstops that got monster contracts also

Jeff Kuhr

Looking for
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Old 06-28-2023, 06:48 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Gary and Keith talking about what happens if Ohtani comes to the Mets. Imagine him wanting to join this dumpster fire!
Old 06-28-2023, 08:16 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Quote:
Gary and Keith talking about what happens if Ohtani comes to the Mets. Imagine him wanting to join this dumpster fire!
Time for the SF Giants to pony up 400m for Ohtani after dodging the Correa bullet.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-
Old 06-29-2023, 05:33 AM
H Murphy

Who knows but hearing the number being thrown around is 600 for 10. Pretty soon we`ll be talking NBA money !
Old 07-06-2023, 09:06 PM
Charles Jackson

Alvarez seems to be getting stronger as the year has progressed. And he has been clutch. I like what I see.

According to Sarah Langs of MLB.com, Alvarez now has five game-tying or game-winning home runs in the sixth inning or later, which is the most in MLB.

Alvarez now has more HRs (16) than any other catcher in baseball this year.

He has two 3 game series this year with 3 Home Runs. The only other Mets Rookie to even have one 3 game series with 3 Home Runs was Larry Elliot in 1964.

He is 21 years old.
Old 07-07-2023, 08:12 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgjackson222 View Post
Alvarez seems to be getting stronger as the year has progressed. And he has been clutch. I like what I see.

According to Sarah Langs of MLB.com, Alvarez now has five game-tying or game-winning home runs in the sixth inning or later, which is the most in MLB.

Alvarez now has more HRs (16) than any other catcher in baseball this year.

He has two 3 game series this year with 3 Home Runs. The only other Mets Rookie to even have one 3 game series with 3 Home Runs was Larry Elliot in 1964.

He is 21 years old.
He is currently one of their very few shining lights. He has been clutch and he seams to have the qualities to be a star.
Even the way he responded to when he was thrown at and hit on the wrist was like a pro.

On the flip side 5 game winning streak. Looking good but sadly still looking 5 games under .500 and a lifetime away from the Division lead and/or the wild card

Jeff Kuhr

Looking for
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Old 07-19-2023, 06:44 AM
Charles Jackson

After Francisco Alvarez' 2 HRs last night, he has 19 HRs in 219 at bats.

I believe he is #2 in MLB with a HR rate of 8.6% or 11.5 at bats per HR.

The only guy ahead of him is Ohtani, with a HR rate 9.6% or 10.34 at bats per HR.

Aaron Judge last year had a HR rate of 10.8% or 9.19 at bats per HR.

The most HRs by a catcher age 21 or younger is 26 by Johnny Bench.

Alvarez is tied with Josh Jung for most HRs by a 2023 Rookie and is 1 ahead of Corbin Carrol. Carrol and Jung each have more than 100 at bats than Alvarez.
Old 07-19-2023, 06:50 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
After Francisco Alvarez' 2 HRs last night, he has 19 HRs in 219 at bats.

I believe he is #2 in MLB with a HR rate of 8.6% or 11.5 at bats per HR.

The only guy ahead of him is Ohtani, with a HR rate 9.6% or 10.34 at bats per HR.

Aaron Judge last year had a HR rate of 10.8% or 9.19 at bats per HR.

The most HRs by a catcher age 21 or younger is 26 by Johnny Bench.

Alvarez is tied with Josh Jung for most HRs by a 2023 Rookie and is 1 ahead of Corbin Carrol. Carrol and Jung each have more than 100 at bats than Alvarez.
He is one of the rare Bright spots for the Mets. He looks like he is the real deal and hope he continues to grow and prosper.

more interesting stuff

He leads all Catchers YTD with 19 Home Runs but needs to get his Batting average a bit higher and On Base Percentage to have even more impact.

Be fun to watch him

As for the rest of the team....????

Jeff Kuhr

Looking for
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Old 07-29-2023, 04:22 PM
Charles Jackson

I would have liked to see Scherzer (assuming he doesn't utilize his no-trade clause) and Peterson compete the remainder of the season to see if they can sneak into the Wild Card spot.

But at least the Mets are getting some young prospects in exchange for their pitching stars from the Marlins and Rangers.

Let's face it, the Mets were too old.

Last edited by cgjackson222; 07-29-2023 at 04:24 PM.
Old 07-29-2023, 04:35 PM
St@n Go.len

Great move for the Mets. Scherzer on the decline and should be even worse with Texas.

2 prospects is good. 3 would've been a home run.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-2023, 04:43 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
I would have liked to see Scherzer (assuming he doesn't utilize his no-trade clause) and Peterson compete the remainder of the season to see if they can sneak into the Wild Card spot.

But at least the Mets are getting some young prospects in exchange for their pitching stars from the Marlins and Rangers.

Let's face it, the Mets were too old.
As someone who has watched them all year, they were not making the wildcard. Just my opinion as a traumatized Mets fan
Old 07-29-2023, 06:18 PM
Charles Jackson

Quote:
As someone who has watched them all year, they were not making the wildcard. Just my opinion as a traumatized Mets fan
Ya Gotta Believe

They had a close to zero % chance, but anything is possible
Old 07-29-2023, 06:56 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Ya Gotta Believe

They had a close to zero % chance, but anything is possible
I blame Lindor for not buying McNeil that car. Jerk move
Old 07-29-2023, 07:29 PM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Supposedly from Texas they are getting Acuna’s little brother Luisangel Acuna looks like a good prospect with some power and really good speed. Stole over 40 bases each year the last 2 years. That would be really good.
They just finalizing how much money the Mets will give Texas and then they have to get league approval if the money is over $2 million

They mentioned a lower level prospect also but did not say who yet

Jeff Kuhr

Looking for
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Old 07-30-2023, 08:24 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Not sure I like the deal.

Acuna is really good prospect but the Mets are giving over 36 million dollars and only getting 1 prospect.
So Texas gets Max for this year and next and only give up 1 prospect and not even one of their top prospects(Texas had a deep farm system). So Texas is setup especially with Degrom out till next August.

Jeff Kuhr

Looking for
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth

Last edited by mrreality68; 07-30-2023 at 08:37 AM.
Old 07-30-2023, 11:09 AM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

I'm curious who will be next...Verlander? Pham and Canha should be traded too.
Old 07-30-2023, 11:30 AM
Kevin from Franklin Square, LI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
Serious question: not that I’d trust Eppler, but when do you start entertaining trade talk for Scherzer and Verlander ?
Good work, guys.
Old 07-30-2023, 11:31 AM
Kevin from Franklin Square, LI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbystrawberry View Post
i'm curious who will be next...verlander? Pham and canha should be traded too.
100%
Old 07-30-2023, 12:23 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
I blame Lindor for not buying McNeil that car. Jerk move
Just weird that someone hasn’t said to him that it looks weird for team chemistry that it’s even a story so just do it. This is a guy that gave thumbs down to the fans his first year with the team though. He gets a lot of props from people for saying the right things and having a positive attitude but he does some seriously questionable stuff too, in addition to sucking at getting hits on the regular. God I want the Mets to be good but I don’t think Lindor on a long term contract helps with that.
Old 07-30-2023, 12:58 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Just weird that someone hasn’t said to him that it looks weird for team chemistry that it’s even a story so just do it. This is a guy that gave thumbs down to the fans his first year with the team though. He gets a lot of props from people for saying the right things and having a positive attitude but he does some seriously questionable stuff too, in addition to sucking at getting hits on the regular. God I want the Mets to be good but I don’t think Lindor on a long term contract helps with that.
I agree totally that it's a bad look. Lindor is the better overall player, but as a fan, I like watching McNeil a lot more. The guy moves all around the field as needed and always gives 100%
Old 07-30-2023, 01:15 PM
Dave

Maybe McNeil is exacting his revenge on Lindor (and the Mets) by signing a medium term contract with the Mets and being roughly 25% as valuable as Lindor (at least via the WAR stat) in the field.

Just sayin’.
Old 07-30-2023, 04:34 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
Maybe McNeil is exacting his revenge on Lindor (and the Mets) by signing a medium term contract with the Mets and being roughly 25% as valuable as Lindor (at least via the WAR stat) in the field.

Just sayin’.
Zero doubt in my mind on March 1 that, if this season went in the shitter, which it has, 70% of Met fans will blame Lindor for it first and foremost. Zero doubt. I hear 1 McNeill complaint for every 500 Lindor complaints. Maybe 4 Pete complaints for every 500 Lindor complaints. Odd dynamic. Struggling to figure out why that is. (Well, not really.) Sure Lindor is overpaid. Owner is like the 18th wealthiest person in the country. Why would anyone care what any of these guys are getting paid? Do folks lose sleep over Cohens $200 million art purchases too? Only a certain type of guy who fans care about overpaid. Certainly not Scherzer. Guy is getting paid I think $25 million from 3 different clubs this year. Haven't heard one person raise an issue on his paycheck.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 07-30-2023 at 04:44 PM.
Old 07-30-2023, 07:06 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Zero doubt in my mind on March 1 that, if this season went in the shitter, which it has, 70% of Met fans will blame Lindor for it first and foremost. Zero doubt. I hear 1 McNeill complaint for every 500 Lindor complaints. Maybe 4 Pete complaints for every 500 Lindor complaints. Odd dynamic. Struggling to figure out why that is. (Well, not really.) Sure Lindor is overpaid. Owner is like the 18th wealthiest person in the country. Why would anyone care what any of these guys are getting paid? Do folks lose sleep over Cohens $200 million art purchases too? Only a certain type of guy who fans care about overpaid. Certainly not Scherzer. Guy is getting paid I think $25 million from 3 different clubs this year. Haven't heard one person raise an issue on his paycheck.
Lindor was all star level with Cleveland until his last year with them. We gave up good players and brought him over to be one with the Mets. It was players and then a huge contract. He hasn’t been nearly as good as he was with Cleveland. Cleveland saw the decline and was thrilled to get what they did for him. Ask any Cleveland fan if they miss him. Not sure why you seem to want Mets fans to be happy about this.
Old 07-31-2023, 02:27 PM

Kind fo a weird trade for the Mets with Lindor under contract for so long. They also haven't gotten to Mauricio yet, though I guess he plays some 2B too and they just drafted shortstop Jett Williams in the first round in 2022.