NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-12-2014, 12:05 PM
Jesse

Default Any luck at antique shops/flea markets anyone??

I have a ton of antique shops around my area and was thinking maybe i could pop in and see if there may be post cards or something hidden inside. I am actually going to head over this afternoon. Anyway looking to see or hear some stories of some cool finds at well flea markets or antique stores.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:25 PM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

nope, just tons of 89 Donruss sets. LOL!
Old 01-12-2014, 12:48 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

I was with someone when he purchased a beautiful and valuable 1930s football jersey in beautiful condition at a local antiques store. It was being sold as a 'fencing uniform' and priced accordingingly! My friend and I agreed it obviously was a football jersey and no fencing uniform. It had one of those button crotch pieces that both vintage football jerseys and fencing uniforms have, which I assume is what fooled the antiques store.

I've otherwise seen some interesting and respectable old sports items here and there at local antique shops. Nothing blockbuster, but items worth buying when the price is right. I've seen some 19th century baseball trade cards, collectible 1950s iron baseball toy figures and large 1960s football advertising statues, for examples. Realize, those are the highlights. I've also seen 1990 Score and Donruss football cards.

Last edited by drcy; 01-12-2014 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:48 PM
Dave_Berg

Just leaving fav antique mall in STL. Tons of over priced Cardinals n Musial.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:53 PM

Love flea markets.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:50 PM
Jesse

yea just got back and got nothing saw really nothing at all.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:02 PM
rgpete

People got smarter, not as good as it was in the 70's to mid 90' s got a lot of
good deals on baseball cards at Jersey & Pennsy flea markets
Old 01-12-2014, 02:08 PM
Rich.ard Dwy.er

Default Any luck at antique shops/flea markets anyone??

Mostly fraudulent cards when found. The worst of the worst, etc. Overpriced. But once in a great while you might get lucky. Found a Johnny Bench rookie card yesterday that was in two pieces. But put together by glue or something. Be careful.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:18 PM
Alan Elefson

If you are only looking for cards, it is tough. However, memorabilia is still prevalent at antique shops, shows, and flea markets and sometimes items are even priced cheaply! This morning I purchased a 1902-03 team basketball photo (earliest one in my collection) for 40.00 and a sheet of Japanese instructional strip type cards for 20 dollars (I might have overpaid on that one). I also found a few cool baseball trade cards. All of this was at an antique show. If you put in the time, nice items can be found.

Antique shop wise, yesterday I found some late 1960s team issued Red Sox photos with Yaz for 5.00 (10 total) and two weeks ago I found 300+ mid 1960s baseball cards including a Mantle and many hall of famers all in pretty nice shape for 125.00 (including a beautiful group of 1963s).

Most of my collection is derived from antique shop/flea market finds as I do not bid on Ebay or participate in auctions.

Alan
Old 01-12-2014, 02:32 PM
Pete Sycks

Found '82 Topps traded set with the Ripken for $30, pretty good deal. Lots of '80's garbage there too.

http://syckscards.weebly.com

Always looking for 1938 Goudey's