NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-06-2007, 01:09 PM
Administrator

Default Looking For a Good Biography Book Of Jimmy Foxx

Posted By: greg buscemi

I am looking for a good auto biography of Jimmy Foxx anyone know of any

out there

Old 04-06-2007, 06:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: George Dreher

I don't know if Jimmie Foxx ever wrote an autobiography, but this book is probably the best one ever written about his life: http://www.amazon.com/Jimmie-Foxx-Mark-R-Millikin/dp/0810834537

Old 04-06-2007, 06:46 PM
Administrator

Posted By: David Kern

No autobiography, but for biography try this one - published by McFarland, 2004.
Jimmie Foxx: The Life and Times of a Baseball Hall of Famer, 1907–1967
W. Harrison Daniel

Old 04-06-2007, 07:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike

Since I pretty much only collect Foxx items, cards, mags, photos etc. etc. it would only make sense I have a lot of books. There are three that are all pretty good. I have read them all. One is much better than the other two, but it has been a few years, and I honestly cannot recall which one is the better one. I believe it is: Jimmie Foxx - The pride of Sudlersville. By Mark Milliken. Another fun one is Double X. Baseballs forgotten Slugger. By Bob Gorman. The third is: Jimmie Foxx, Baseball hall of famer. By W. Harrison Daniel. Once again, one is clearly better, and I think it is the First one I mentioned. Pride of Sudlersville. Many more personal stories and anecdotes. Good luck and enjoy...There are also many out of print books on the Phil A's teams of the late 20's and early 30's, that talk alot about Jimmie. If anyone wants those titles, I will be glad to furnish them. Another very rare book on the Phil A's and is just wonderful and it is called the Mackmen, "The Reflections on a Baseball Team" by Father Jerome C. Romanowski - The Baseball Padre. Is terrific and a fun read. many many pictures of the old A's teams

Edited to add: Now that I look at them, the Double X - by Bob Gorman may be the best one. many greta and rare photos

Old 04-07-2007, 10:05 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Max Weder

Here's a photo of the Gorman biography

Max