NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-27-2004, 12:48 PM
Administrator

Default A scammer (and buyer) to watch out for

Posted By: David Seaborn

All-

I rarely post but enjoy lurking. Enclosed are the links (I hope) to yet another scammer. He just started on eBay recently, but judging from his high activity lately we will probably be seeing more of him. Scammer is adamsdad452000. He bought an obvious Mayo Ansone reprint on 9/5 for $45.44:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5119588254

Now he's selling it as authentic, with bidding now over $300:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31719&item=5126251595&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Additionally, this guy was high bidder on two of my Lawson's cards last week. Now he claims (after 15 days and no contact from him) that it was a typing error. The same error on each card. He meant to hit 15 instead of $150. Of course, this doesn't flush since he had previous bids on each item for $99.99. Ugh! The pain. The lack of morals. The incompetence!!

Please watch out for this one.

Old 09-27-2004, 12:53 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob L

Hey David, we have been aware of this guy for awhile. He was trying to sell a PRO graded Anson that was a likely reprint and several members contacted him. He was a real piece of work. He also claimed he need to sell the cabinet because of a divorce, yet he was bidding on 75 items and was the high bidder on at least 40 of them.

Hopefully, scambuster will step in again, but there is another scambuster who is the high bidder right now.

Rob L

Old 09-27-2004, 01:53 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

scambuster dude (t205..)... got his bid cancelled by the seller and then bid again....pretty cool....

Old 09-27-2004, 01:56 PM
Administrator

Posted By: J Levine

I have no idea who the scambuster is but I like his ebay handle...

Old 09-27-2004, 02:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: stevek

Go get 'em Scambuster t205aol!

Old 09-27-2004, 02:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Yeah, Adam's dad was the guy who threatened to kill me because I dared to suggest that he was a fraud (which he was). I posted a number of the threats on the board here. All in all, they were pretty funny albeit badly mispelled. If you look at the ebay seller's "jodi-mo"'s feedback, you'll see that old Adam left jodi (another lowlife by the way) a positive feedback 5 minutes after the auction ended! Perhaps Scotty beamed the card to Adam's dad from Jodi's house. Boy, with all the efforts these criminals make, why not just get a job?

Old 09-27-2004, 02:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

David, the best thing you can do is leave him negative feedback. That tells all of ebay not just this small group. I would not be afraid of the retalitory feedback. I got one of mine from a guy selling reprints. He is no longer on ebay. This is the best way and you always get a chance to respond. Negatives are no fun but I will give them if warranted, I given about 10, at the possible expense of receiving one. It's the best way to fight back.

Lee

Old 09-27-2004, 02:25 PM
Administrator

I just asked Adamsdad about his latest Anson fraud and here is his response in typical, erudite fashion:

"get a life fag. its not fake asswipe"

Old 09-27-2004, 02:31 PM
Administrator

Posted By: John/z28jd

Obviously it isnt very likely but when my brother was selling cards on ebay he listed a t206 i needed with a buy it now,when i came over his house he showed me his listings and when i saw it i bought it on the spot.He literally had the money and i had the card before the auction ended.So we did the feedback on the spot too,even put something to the effect of fastest transaction ever.

Ive also been in my neighborhood card store when one of his ebay auctions were ending and i was the high bidder,but he didnt leave me feedback for a few days.The good part about buying from him is no shipping charges,ive been able to bid a little higher knowing i dont have to figure in an extra 5-10 on shipping

....now the chances of that guy doing the exact same thing are about a million to 1

Old 09-27-2004, 02:39 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh K.

Unfortunately, t205aol has been outbid. Where is scambuster when we need him.

Old 09-27-2004, 02:43 PM
Administrator

He is back with a higher bid, I love it...

I feel sorry for adam growing up with a total dirtbag of a father...

-joshua

Old 09-27-2004, 02:52 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the input guys. What a piece of work. I need to make a list of all the known scammers and put them on my 'blocked' list to avoid this in the future.

Incredibly, this guy actually left me positive feedback right after the auction. Negative retaliatory feedback is not even a worry. So, needless to say it's coming to him as soon as I can think of the perfect thing to say. Best of all, he did it twice so I get two chances to warn people.

Old 09-27-2004, 02:54 PM
Administrator

David, leave him negative feedback as soon as possible so as to discourage other bidders. Simply write: "sells fake cards, and refuses to pay for real ones" or something like that. This criminal needs to be stopped.

Old 09-27-2004, 03:15 PM
Administrator

t205 left him negative feedback already...so much for his perfect rep...

Old 09-27-2004, 03:37 PM
Administrator

I received this email from one of heroes who screwed up Adam's auction. Keep in mind that he bought the damn fake card for $40 three weeks ago and the winning bid was $10,999 by a bidder who's bids Adamsdad tried to cancel with no success:

"i am sorry, because i have gotten some nasty emails of late about people who intend to bid in order to screw up my auction, and you only registered today. so if i am wrong i profusely apologize. if you want to pay me more than the guy who won, because of my rudeness, i will take 11,000.00 slightly more than he bid, and if you pay pal me, i will send out with insurance and 2day shipping tomarrow. fair? again sorry, but you can understand why i may have been apprehensive with people sending me all kinds of crazy email my paypal address is: adamsdad452000.
but do it before the other guy does, otherwise, i have to sell him the card."

So, he wants an underbidder who's bids he cancelled to pay MORE than the winning bid of another bidder he cancelled--without giving the winning bidder a chance to pay first. And the card can be had for, well, only about $10,960 more than the criminal paid for it three weeks ago!

Old 09-27-2004, 03:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Adam J. Baxter

I was checking out this guy's feedback and found what I think may be a very telling clue to his true identity. He recently sold what was most likely a fake Sporting News Ruth for over 1k to a Newbie Ebayer (probably a shill) with the handle: Jonesbond29. Now, in a previous thread about this seller and his PRO graded Anson cabinet, I read a threat he'd sent to Jeff Lichtman which reminded me an awful lot of the ones I and Runscott used to get from a clown named David Schnitzer (a.k.a Dr.Bond02, Harleyman714). The fact that Adamsdad45200 likes to make threats, has a foul mouth only Satan could love, accuses everyone who crosses him of being a homosexual and the fact that he recently sold to a suspect Newbie with the word BOND in his handle, makes me think that this probably is David Schnitzer. For those that don't know him, this guy is nuttier than squirrel turd.

P.S.: This guy also wants people to call him to argue, which is what DrBond's m.o. used to be.

Old 09-27-2004, 03:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: dennis

ALSO AUG 22,post PRO GRADING FAKE CABINETS--this is the guy who says he is selling cards to pay lawers fees...BUT BIDS ON A LOT OF AUCTIONS

Old 09-27-2004, 03:48 PM
Administrator

and also I hope he reads my post, as I've been waiting for another round of verbal jousting with this moron.

Old 09-27-2004, 03:49 PM
Administrator

Its interesting that T205aol was in a bidding war with hnkgreenberg who has been a registered ebayer since . . . today.

So either adamsdad decided to do a little shill bidding on his fake cards as well or Hank is another scambuster - anyone know?

Old 09-27-2004, 04:00 PM
Administrator

This is the latest email from Adamsdad:

REPORTING YOU TO EBAY AND F.B.I. FOR YOUR BEHAVIOR ********** **** . JUST BECAUSE WIFE LEFT YOU FOR ANOTHER WOMAN, WHY **** ME OVER JERKSALOT? YOUR NOT GETTING MY PAPER. EXCEPT DIRTY TOILET PAPER AFTER I WIPE.

He was referring to a request I made on another of his fake listings.

Old 09-27-2004, 04:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: shoo

That certainly sounds like dave s i cant believe hes not in jail about a year ago i unkownly bought a few cards from him. Being not so bright he sent me the cards before my check cleared he sent me the cards which were all fakes and i cancelled the check before it cleared you should have seen his emails to me. Id do anything to get that clown put away for good.

Old 09-27-2004, 04:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: shoo

I dont think it is Dave S he lives in Flordia

Old 09-27-2004, 04:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: steve k

This guy is not only a scammer, but could also be a KKK and/or Nazi party member in good standing.

Old 09-27-2004, 04:14 PM
Administrator

Well, the amazing thing is that he sent me emails before he wanted to kill me that he, himself, was Jewish and that I should go easy on him because of that. So, he's either very confused or hates every race equally.

Old 09-27-2004, 04:31 PM
Administrator

I just left him two negative feedbacks, hope it helps. I wish there was more we could do. At least this is a start.

I like the scambuster idea. It makes a scam artist's life a little more difficult and since most of them are very lazy (e.g. not even changing the scan on a fake card they try to sell), they'll have to work a little harder now. I know it's only a fly in the ointment for them, but it still adds up.

Old 09-27-2004, 04:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: runscott

his emails say they are from "Tom Regos". But I don't rate - he usually only sends me one-liners with only 1-2 4-letter words.

Old 09-27-2004, 05:00 PM
Administrator

Jeff-
Please!! Please!! Copy his e-mails to ebay...they will kick him off quick esp. if you make a stink about the racial/religous slurs (kills me since I am jewish)...please...

-Joshua

Old 09-27-2004, 05:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: al davis

he's decided to re-list his treasure. hurry! only 2 days and 23 hours left!

Old 09-27-2004, 05:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: al davis

hey, who deleted the last message which contained tom regos' address? it wasn't posted long enough for me to send him a pizza and a taxi or two.

Old 09-27-2004, 06:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: bcornell

Please don't post people's personal info (phone #, street address, etc.) . There's a good possibility that it's fake and it could belong to someone else, given the fact that this guy is a scammer.

Bill

Old 09-27-2004, 08:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark

He has 4 very rare cards listed now (e.g., http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=57993&item=5126690674&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW)
100% feedback largely or perhaps exclusively from buying non-sport items such as women's nikes and texas chainsaw masks. Worried about image theft before I go raiding my kid's college fund. Thanks.

Old 09-27-2004, 09:07 PM
Administrator

I e-mailed Adamsdad45200 and asked him about whether or not he's every used any other ID's (Dr. Bond, Harleyman714) on Ebay before and he denied it. I still think it's David Schnitzer/Dr. Bond. He even types everything in CAPS, which is what Dr. Bond used to do. He can call himself Dr. Bond, Harleyman714, Adamsdad45200 or Tom Regos, I still think they are all the same guy. Everything this guy does and says reminds me of Dr.Bond.

Old 09-27-2004, 09:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred

Mark,

Cubman23 is OK.

Old 09-27-2004, 10:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: 823dek

Iam sure that he is hopping through his living rm with a bra and panties on and on a pogo stick ,calling his own name out- the racial insults are punishable Iam certain.

Warshawlaws input ?

Old 09-27-2004, 11:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Gary B.

i innocently e-mailed him about the anson card asking for some history about the card. he said the following:

"i traded this and a mantle 52 topps and some other nice vintage cards from a vendor about ten yrs ago, in lieu of wedding gowns i owned a store. don't know where he got them or further history. sorry."

i politely e-mailed him back and questioned his story since he obviously bought the same card on september 5th and gave him the link to the card he bought as well as some other choice words to him. can't wait to hear his response. sometimes i can't resist messing with these jerks.

Old 09-28-2004, 12:48 AM
Administrator

Get this, I contacted t205taol and thanked him for watching out for the boards...he said, sure, no prob. and that he was just contacted and threatened by "adam's dad" who asked for his phone number which t205taol provided...he just happened to provide the phone number for the LAPD's commercial/consumer fraud division...I thought that was priceless...

Old 09-28-2004, 05:26 AM
Administrator

In the end, what comes around goes around. I got two unpaid 'Strikes" filed against him and my final value fee back (I'll repost soon).

You should have seen this guy's emails. First he said he didn't mean to type in that number for a bid, when I showed him that was a lie he said he shares the account with his brother. I told him to get his bro to pay for it (knowing his story was bunk). Then he said he was on medical disability from the Navy. Finally, he said he had to save up money because he was about to get shipped off to Iraq (on medical disability I guess!). Glad it's over fo rme and maybe he'll get kicked off soon.

Old 09-28-2004, 09:21 AM
Administrator

David, send all of the emails to ebay and make a formal complaint against this loser. I've done the same. If we can rid ebay of this criminal, we'll have accomplished something today.

Jeff

Old 09-28-2004, 10:42 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Seth Nagdeman

This guy is bad news !!

Tom Regos was a registered bidder in the July 19thCenturyOnly auction. He won two items. When it came time to pay he asked for 60 days. When I told him this was unacceptible he said it would take about 6 months to pay. I told him it was unacceptible and that payment was due immediately. He sent a $100 check in the mail as a deposit. He then started threatening me that if I didn't return the $100 he would initiate negative publicity and complaints from the veterans administration because he was a disabled vet and that I was pushing him around trying to collect for the cards he bid on.

Here is one of his emails,

"do you have a problem understanding seth.? i told you i am a disabled war vet. i get biweekly disability cks. what about that sentence do you not comprehend.? i will say this one last time. i need a written email stating you will send me out the card, the roberto clemente card as soon as it is paid for. i dont think your company wants any negative publicity or complications from the veterans administration, seth. they have a pretty huge legal dept. that protects the rights of its members. it wouldn't look good for you, strong-arming a disabled veteran of two wars, now would it? i am sure you get my point. i dont want any more emails back and forth. it is too hard for me to get to a library and return your emails all the time. i have a hard time getting around in my wheel chair. either i get a confirmation email back within 24 hrs from you, stating my terms of paying off the clemente card within 3 months, and then, you agree to mail out the card right away. or else, mail back my hundred deposit, of which you will not acknowledge receipt, but i know you received because i called the post office, and the money order company that you already cashed it, which in itself is fraud and illegal, to not issue a receipt for payments. what kind of a flim flam firm do you run seth.? i am owed a receipt.
also seth, i don't really think your online company needs any negative feedback from me on your site and to your existing and potential client base, now do you? when you own a company of which i have in the past, sometimes you have to bite the bullet on deals. unless you work with me, and i get the clemente card upon full payment one week later, we dont have a deal. simple and clear. then, in that case i want my full deposit returned to me. you don't have a legal case for holding it. believe me seth, when i tell you other sellers in the past have attempted to play a similar strong-arm tactic with me, and paid a hell of a lot more in negative publicity to their businesses, than it would have cost them to either work with me and be flexible, or to return my deposit to them. so there you have your options. the next email from you i want really clear, no more back and forth. yes tom, i agree to your terms of payment , and once paid in full on the clemente card first, i will agree to send the same card as you won on my auction, in the same condition, to you within one week's time of completion of payments. or else, i dont want to do this deal your way tom, in which case i will be mailing your one hundred dollar money order back to you within one week's time, from date of last email.
choose one of the above alternatives seth, really clear and simple for you to understand, as you seem to be having problems. keep in mind, if one of the two above is not agreed upon, then i will institute immediately my campaign against your company.

tom regos"

Another email was,

"no. i will no further discuss this issue with you. by phone or otherwise. i gave you a choice. choose one or the other. i am not threatening, just stating what i will do. i also have a heart condition i take nitroglycerin tabs for, so i cannot be further upset riled up. i am already not feeling well just from all your emails. no, i am not going to get a heart attack over this. i have an 11 yr old son i also have to pay child support to, and who's mother is a drug addict. so i can't die on him or get really sick. so no no no. mail back my money and we will go our separate ways. you have my address."

Old 09-28-2004, 10:51 AM
Administrator

What a sick ahole. I still think the emails he sent to me were worse but were not nearly as inventive. Seth, I'm jealous.

Old 09-28-2004, 11:05 AM
Administrator

This guy is a real prize! It almost (but not quite) wants to make me study the psychology of these kind of individuals, to find out what makes them not only steal, but lie, be so defensive, say ANYTHING to get what they want, seemingly without any morality or conscience. I actually had such a person pull something far more gruesome than trying to rip me off financially, and I just don't get it. Is it just pure evil that would cause someone such blatant disregard for all that is right and proper. Maybe if the guy was a drug addict or starving and this was the only way they could get money, I could understand it, but i really doubt that's the case. Anyway, enough ranting from me...

Old 09-28-2004, 11:05 AM
Administrator

Posted By: runscott

He is constantly bidding on ebay and apparently everywhere else, and he responds fairly quickly to emails. I think our best bet is to get him riled up and hope his heart explodes.

Old 09-28-2004, 11:26 AM
Administrator

Posted By: steve k

It's called "psychopath with a computer." This guy is on a similar level with psychopaths who intentionally invent those computer viruses and worms. This particular guy just isn't as smart.

Old 09-28-2004, 12:12 PM
Administrator

Seth,

Now Im intrigued - please tell us what did you do. I hope you didnt send the money back or agree to his terms, but I can certainly see where you might just send the money back and be done with him (though I would have also been worried that he would then claim to have never received his refund).

Old 09-28-2004, 12:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: david

first of all this guy has no legal basis for his claims and the veterans admin. will have nothing to do with this. who is he to make up his own terms for the 19th century auction auction after bidding and after winning the item. i am pretty sure placing a bid constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions of this auction. i would take this guy to court over the card out of spite after that email that he sent

Old 09-28-2004, 12:51 PM
Administrator

Guys, you're missing the point. "Tom" is not a veteran of any wars except the Battle of the Fraud. This moron just makes up lies as he goes along...

Old 09-28-2004, 12:55 PM
Administrator

returned the money to him, but made him sign for it himself so you have proof he received it and be done with him. no point in going to court with someone so crazy and ridiculous when the card(s) in question could just be auctioned off again to a legitimate buyer who has all his marbles. i can understand (almost) someone acting like this who was trying to scam someone out of money by selling them a fake card, but this guy actually won an auction for something he obviously wanted. what gives??? i AM curious to know how Seth handled it though.

boy - a disabled war vet in a wheelchair with a heart condition and an 11 year old son he pays child support for and whose mother is a drug addict. excuse me while I run and get my violin. JEEZ!

Old 09-28-2004, 02:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Seth

I returned the $100 to him. If I knew then what I know now, I never would have done this.

At the time I figured out that he was making up a story.. but he sounded like a nut, and quite frankly it wasn't worth the aggravation.

The cards that he reneged on were put in the current 19thcenturyonly auction.

Old 09-28-2004, 02:42 PM
Administrator

So what would you have done differently knowing what you know now? Just curious...

Old 09-28-2004, 04:00 PM
Administrator

Check out adams's new feedback: he slipped in a bogus positive feedback to counter all the negatives--and guess what? It's from jamesbond29...lol. How truly pitiful.