NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-25-2018, 11:51 AM

Default OT - Paypal refund to a zero feedback buyer

I had an interesting occurrence with ebay/Paypal recently. I had a buyer, who happened to have no feedback at all, purchase a $27 item from me a month ago. I shipped and then noted the tracking number on ebay's site. The package was reported delivered at their front door three days later. Never heard a word from the buyer. Three weeks later I get a notice from ebay stating that they want their money back and indicating that they never received the item. I responded immediately through ebay with the tracking number (again) and I noted that it was reported delivered three weeks ago and I had not heard from the buyer until now. ebay then says they will await response from the buyer. Today I get an email from ebay indicating that they will be refunding the purchase price and shipping to the buyer. I was about to come unglued when I read further. ebay is absorbing the cost and I will still have my funds released to me through Paypal. I find that interesting that ebay would cover the cost of the item themselves. Especially when the buyer had zero feedback and, to me, seemed to be scamming the system. I also wonder what ebay would do if it had been a $2,700 item.

Rob M
Old 05-25-2018, 12:17 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramram View Post
I had an interesting occurrence with ebay/Paypal recently. I had a buyer, who happened to have no feedback at all, purchase a $27 item from me a month ago. I shipped and then noted the tracking number on ebay's site. The package was reported delivered at their front door three days later. Never heard a word from the buyer. Three weeks later I get a notice from ebay stating that they want their money back and indicating that they never received the item. I responded immediately through ebay with the tracking number (again) and I noted that it was reported delivered three weeks ago and I had not heard from the buyer until now. ebay then says they will await response from the buyer. Today I get an email from ebay indicating that they will be refunding the purchase price and shipping to the buyer. I was about to come unglued when I read further. ebay is absorbing the cost and I will still have my funds released to me through Paypal. I find that interesting that ebay would cover the cost of the item themselves. Especially when the buyer had zero feedback and, to me, seemed to be scamming the system. I also wonder what ebay would do if it had been a $2,700 item.

Rob M
Hard to say. Either they scammed, or quite possibly someone else stole the package off their doorstep. I believe you should be covered though, either way.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:42 PM
Marc

Default Gps

I had one recently, as a buyer. Ebay and the post office said delivered, but I never received the package. I went to the post office and they used GPS to show that the package had been delivered to an address down the street. It's handy that they use GPS now to show exactly where they delivered the package.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:48 PM
St3phen M@rchillo

I've had items say they were delivered and they weren't. My buddy who worked for the post office said that sometimes drivers scan a bunch of packages to save time. But if this GPS is widely used then it doesn't seem they could do that any longer?

In this case the time lapse seems to be the biggest red flag. I order a lot of stuff on eBay and I can certainly lose track here and there. But a legit new buyer with 0 feedback should be all over his first purchase. Obviously this wasn't a first time buyer or you would have heard from him. I find it interesting that he didn't contact you to ask about the item. Seems this would have also been a red flag to eBay.

The cost of $27 would take more time to deal with then just writing it off is my guess. If the item was $2700 it wouldn't have gone down like that.
Old 05-25-2018, 12:52 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

I've had a similar situation a few years ago where ebay absorbed the cost of ~$500 item.
Old 05-25-2018, 01:03 PM
Sean Costello

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramram View Post
I also wonder what ebay would do if it had been a $2,700 item.

Rob M
This actually happened to my girlfriend. She bought a Hermes bag from a seller in Australia for $2800. The seller also sold someone else a bag for $4200. The seller never sent anything, and seems to have disappeared, but ebay refunded both of us our money. I don't know if they ever tracked down the seller.