NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-06-2009, 05:10 PM

Default Any shops in the Knoxville/Gatlinburg area?

Will be in that part of the country in a few weeks. Wondering if there are any good shops that way. Thanks.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:45 AM
Steven Finley

I live in Nashville, about two hours west of Knoxville. Unfortunately, if you don't collect memorabilia of the late great Dale Sr. any shop within a 200 mile radius is a joke.
BUT!!!!
Gatlingburg is loaded with Antique stores which is a plus. Antique stores are my favorite. 80% of them overprice their junk, but the other 20% are loaded with deals. (ie. exhibits tossed in with old post cards, sports cabinet photos for a dollar, cheap old trophies and equipment, nice cigarette packs for display.)

Good luck and have a good time.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:26 AM
Peter Spaeth

It was Gatlinburg in mid July, and I'd just hit town and my throat was dry...
Old 10-07-2009, 09:23 AM
Jim VB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
It was Gatlinburg in mid July, and I'd just hit town and my throat was dry...

I thought I'd stop and have myself a brew.
At an old saloon on a street of mud,
There at a table, dealing stud,
Sat the dirty, mangy dog that named me "Sue."

Well done Peter. First thing I thought when I saw this post yesterday.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:00 AM
Peter Spaeth

And the lyrics are by?
Old 10-07-2009, 02:08 PM
Jeff

Shel Silverstein?
Old 10-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Jim VB

I have to admit that I never knew that was a Shel Silverstein song until you prompted me to look.

I will add him to the list of unlikely Top 40 songwriters that includes Paul Schafer and Chuck Barris.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:34 PM
D.B. Cooper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M89c3hWx3RQ
Old 10-07-2009, 03:30 PM
Frank
Fra.nk Anth0ny

I live about 1 hour north of Gatlinburg and there are no shops around. There are a couple of shops in Knoxville. Good luck in finding sports memoribilia around here. Since I moved here, 99% of my buying is through the mail.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:36 PM
Donny Muth

Default Shops...

I went to college in Knoxville so back between 1993 and 2000 I visited all the card shops that were around. I don't remember finding much pre-war material at all in the shops. The few pre-war things I picked up were usually at card shows or eBay. 1950s-1970s post-war stuff is more available.

I did stop in at Webb's Cards & Collectibles last year while I was in town on businees. Webb's has mostly newer stuff with some post-war. I picked up a '65 Topps Giants and a few other 60's cards. I don't remember seeing any pre-war stuff, but I was on a budget so I may have just skimmed over them. Webb's prices always seemed high to me, but again I'm usually on a budget. It's within minutes from UT off of Kingston Pike going out towards Beardon Hill so it's pretty convenient if you're staying in Knoxville. If you go to Webb's and he has his greyhound in the shop, be sure to give her a pet.

I assume Sports Treasures off of Broadway (in Fountain City) is still around. I remember going there a few times. It seemed their inventory was better than the other stores, but it's been so long I can't speak to it's current state.

Sorry - this doesn't help much. Just thought I'd reply since I spent a lot of time in the area.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:35 PM
Rob.ert He.rd

Default Shops

Sports Treasures is in their 20th year of business. I have known the owner for 20 years and he is a great guy.

Last edited by Goodsport40; 06-25-2017 at 06:52 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Trae Regan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodsport40 View Post
Sports Treasures is in their 20th year of business. They are about 45 minutes from Gatlinburg. His ebay id is ebark23 if you want to get his address. I have known the owner for 20 years and he is a great guy.
Vintage Baseball Directory listing for Sports Treasures, officially our only listing in TN.

http://www.vintagebaseballdirectory....treasures-llc/

Last edited by T206.org; 10-08-2009 at 09:09 PM. Reason: changed "the" to "our"
Old 10-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Andrew Miles

Born and raised in Maryville, just outside of Knoxville. I go to Gburg and Knoxville often and other than Sports Treasures, there is NOTHING. This place is DRY!! I do all of my buying online.