NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 08-03-2015, 09:03 AM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

What does the wife think of you plunking down a $1000 for a card? Any " discussions " about that or other things to do with the cash?
Old 08-03-2015, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCRfan1 View Post
What does the wife think of you plunking down a $1000 for a card? Any " discussions " about that or other things to do with the cash?
I've actually never bought a card for $1000 before - As I have been reselling for years now, my philosophy is pretty much this: If I'm buying a card, I try to make sure that I can sell it for as much if not more than what i bought it for. It doesn't always happen, but you won't see me spending hundreds of dollars on a card "just to have it" that I will never be able to get it back out.

Now, with that said, I'm not planning on selling his cards anytime soon, but if things get tight, I know I'll be able to without taking a "hit" or at least a big one

Last edited by mouschi; 08-03-2015 at 10:33 AM.
Old 08-08-2015, 03:06 PM

Weekend update!

Bought a few things:

Nissan truck stereo for $6
Indoor Smores maker for $1
Die Cast Tie Fighter in a case for $1
AP US History book for $5 (not sure why I got this ... lapse in judgment I guess!)
2 foot long canoe collectible $5

The only thing worth showing a pic of though is this:

A 1 foot tall monkey reading a book statue for $10

He's gorgeous.

I also sold the silver dollar for $104, so this puts me up $76.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:00 AM

Nothing too crazy happening here, unfortunately! No white whales have surfaced ... yet.

However, I do have a few updates:

I picked up a small lot of cards for $60, and flipped them for $100.
The ps2 went for $40, and the couch ended up selling for $75.

That gives me a total of +$155
Old 09-18-2015, 11:25 AM

Update time! It has been snore city for the past several weeks on this thing, as I have been mega busy with other things, and white whales are hard to come by. But anyway, here are some things to note:

I have sold the following:
play house 110
cd head unit 35
star wars item 15
3 oriental pieces 40
build a bear clothes 101
wii games 25

The wii games would have gone for $40 (and they did) but the guy who bought them said 4 of them didn't work. I was baffled, but didn't want to rake the guy over coals or anything about it. I asked him to clean the discs and he said he did, but they still didn't work. I ended up refunding him $15.

I normally wouldn't think anything, but I found out something pretty ugly about a person I know. They do things like I mentioned above intentionally to get money and free stuff. Apparently they do it all the time. Makes me sick to think that someone would do that!

I also sold some schooling books to a mom that was supposed to be $20. She gave me $10 cash and a $50 check to hold some other books for her for a day.

That day never came.

Even after contacting her a few times, she broke several promises to pay up. it looks as if this woman who seemed to be a nice and genuine person decided that she didn't want to be bothered with something little like someone elses money.

In the end, it isn't a big deal because it is just $10, but it burns me that people can be so inconsiderate as this.

I also picked up a nice little resell lot of 2015 baseball, football and basketball for $130. I've been too busy to list, but will do that shortly!

Now for the *possible* BIG news. I may be in the dealings of grabbing a white whale! I am having a very difficult landing the plane with the seller, but if all goes well, I'll have a good update next time I write!

Anyway, to total it all up, I have $196 to add to the pot plus a bunch of sweet cards!
Old 10-06-2015, 04:08 PM

This is the final official post of the 2015 Flip Quest.

Since my last post, I have made 2 or 3 very quick flips of 2015 baseball, football and basketball cards, netting me $465 in profit. This brings the total to $1,938.75.

The Red Crusade dude apparently rocketed off to Mars or something, because I have not heard from him again, unfortunately. I still hold out hope for the future.

That doesn't mean that this Flip Quest was a bust though!

Earlier, I had picked up the biggest single acquisition for my collection, ever - and guess what? It was a mere $38.75 less than the total that I had left for the Flip Quest! I find it very cool that the ending price was very close to the purchase price of the below cards.

I had drained Paul, a former super collector of a lot of his low end stuff, and like an addict, I went for the "hard stuff". That's right, peeps - low numbered, autographed, patch stuff. Hardly any of this ever sees Ebay so I was fortunate to have picked up this in one swipe. Here are the goods:

2003 Donruss Recollection autograph #/12

Very difficult to find minor league card (generally goes for $40 to $100)

Quite possibly my favorite patch card of him ever!

How can you not love this card? Dual check cut auto book

Old 10-06-2015, 04:08 PM

continued ....

You've heard of a button card ... what about a button hole card?

Another one of my favorites

Another hard to find pricey minor league card

I believe that is about it. Anyway, this puts me far ahead of the game as compared to waiting to find these on ebay.

So, in the end, I did get a white whale - the 1990 Donruss Aqueous, but I am really loving the cards I got above.

Thank you for reading this season, and we'll see you in '16!
Old 10-07-2015, 07:21 AM
Fred

great stuff congrats!!