NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 07-06-2023, 01:29 AM
Doug Goodman

Well, I'm the last guy anybody would expect to come to the defense of an opinion seller, but they have a hard enough time figuring out when the most famous card in the hobby is trimmed, do you guys really expect them to be able to research some weird little fact about game that didn't count in the standings?

Yes, I called it a weird little fact.

To me it's not their mistake, it's a mistake by the guy who paid them money to slab it in the first place, when he didn't mention it to them to put on the label.

Oh, wait, now I get it, the main concern here isn't really the ticket, it's the label of the slab!

Oh, ok, now it all makes sense to me.

Doug

PS :
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageHoarder View Post
It's like PSA is deliberately trying to make exhibition games inferior to MLB regular games for some reason.
Maybe it's because MLB considers them inferior, that's why they don't count in the standings.

Last edited by doug.goodman; 07-06-2023 at 01:31 AM.
Old 07-06-2023, 04:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.goodman View Post
Well, I'm the last guy anybody would expect to come to the defense of an opinion seller, but they have a hard enough time figuring out when the most famous card in the hobby is trimmed, do you guys really expect them to be able to research some weird little fact about game that didn't count in the standings?

Yes, I called it a weird little fact.

To me it's not their mistake, it's a mistake by the guy who paid them money to slab it in the first place, when he didn't mention it to them to put on the label.

Oh, wait, now I get it, the main concern here isn't really the ticket, it's the label of the slab!

Oh, ok, now it all makes sense to me.

Doug

PS :

Maybe it's because MLB considers them inferior, that's why they don't count in the standings.
Yes, theyre expected to research that....that's why they have a research team. It really doesn't even matter if it's considered inferior or not neither. PSA is simply refusing to do their job for their customers: that's the bottom line here. The game still happened and there was still signifigance to that game. Why bother stabbing it if it's going to be missing significant info?Whether they felt it was a weird request or not, They are a PAID service that WE (the collectors) are relying upon. Customers decide what they would like slabbed and how they prefer it labeled, NOT PSA. They are paid to do a job and are arguing with customers and trying to justify not doing their job. You are right in the fact that it is the original sellers fault to get it slabbed, but we don't know if he mentioned it to them or not. He might have, and PSA refused to label it. They straight out told me they would not relabel it the way I wanted, even if I PAID THEM. Isn't the entire purpose of their existence to please their customers? Yes, but they don't care. They have plenty of them in the masses. They can afford to piss them all off, because they keep going back.This is what happens when a company has a monopoly on the entire hobby: they can treat all their customers however they please without and repercussions. They won't see a penny of my money.

Last edited by VintageHoarder; 07-06-2023 at 04:42 AM.
Old 07-06-2023, 04:40 AM
Banned

I mean, if PSA doesn't "count" them, then why even bother grading any of them to begin with? It makes zero sense.
Old 07-06-2023, 04:59 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

I think PSA will eventually move away from adding this sort of language to tickets altogether. I've submitted tickets and got them to add language like this and I was very happy. But, in their defense, with the volume they are doing, are they going to research every request now that comes in the door. Or are people just going to rip them mercilessly everytime they get something wrong. Not commenting on the OP, but if you see some of the tickets now being sold at auctions . . ."Tom Brady's First Complete Pass at Giants' Stadium" kind of stuff. "Michael Jordans first 15 point college game." Sure, I made those up as examples, but there is a ton of that now. How much time can they possibly spend confirming this stuff. And for exhibition games? Coming soon "Dwight Gooden's First 10 Strikeout Game." In jr. high. I mean they are a grading company not SABR.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 07-06-2023 at 05:07 AM.
Old 07-06-2023, 05:33 AM
Banned

Handling the volume is very simple: with the help of owners willing to submit info of their own personal findings, then that will make PSAs job easier. State where they found the info and let research team confirm it. How hard is that? PSA doesn't want to do their job. If it's too much for them to accurately grade/label tickets and refuse to take any info from owners, then they simply don't need to grade them. They have a job to do and tickets require research...exhibition game or not

Last edited by VintageHoarder; 07-06-2023 at 05:43 AM.
Old 07-06-2023, 05:37 AM
Banned

They could always limit the number of submissions they're willing to take. It's not hard to figure this out. Again, they are being PAID to do a job. It's like ordering a dressed cheeseburger from Wendys and getting back a plain burger, then when you complain, you get told to live with it. This is not how customer service works.

Last edited by VintageHoarder; 07-06-2023 at 06:52 AM.
Old 07-06-2023, 05:53 AM
Banned

And what if PSA told you they didn't want to relabel your tickets the way you wanted, though? I'm sure you wouldn't be so happy with them. Sure, you got what you wanted, but what if you didn't? See, its easy to dismiss someone else's misfortune and defend PSA when you are one of the ones that got lucky and wasn't rejected. Of course it's easy to defend them...you got treated right.
Old 07-06-2023, 11:10 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

You can’t order a hamburger at Wendy’s that is gong to take someone 25 minutes to make.

QUOTE=VintageHoarder;2353548]They could always limit the number of submissions they're willing to take. It's not hard to figure this out. Again, they are being PAID to do a job. It's like ordering a dressed cheeseburger from Wendys and getting back a plain burger, then when you complain, you get told to live with it. This is not how customer service works.[/QUOTE]
Old 07-06-2023, 02:13 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
They could always limit the number of submissions they're willing to take. It's not hard to figure this out. Again, they are being PAID to do a job. It's like ordering a dressed cheeseburger from Wendys and getting back a plain burger, then when you complain, you get told to live with it. This is not how customer service works.
All of your comments are based on an initial assumption that the opinion sellers "care".

They do not care about you.

They do not care about your card.

They do care about your wallet, but only in a shortsighted "give us as much money as you can today" sort of way.
Old 07-06-2023, 02:10 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Handling the volume is very simple: with the help of owners willing to submit info of their own personal findings, then that will make PSAs job easier. State where they found the info and let research team confirm it. How hard is that? PSA doesn't want to do their job. If it's too much for them to accurately grade/label tickets and refuse to take any info from owners, then they simply don't need to grade them. They have a job to do and tickets require research...exhibition game or not
Never going to happen.

They couldn't even "research" the most famous card in the world properly.
Old 07-06-2023, 02:09 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
I mean, if PSA doesn't "count" them, then why even bother grading any of them to begin with? It makes zero sense.
Why bother grading?

That my friend is a very good question.

I would be perfectly happy if the opinion sellers didn't exist. I believe that they have hurt the hobby far more than helped it.

Doug